Linebackers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Linebackers

Guess which LB it is:

1) 125 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 4 Forces Fumbles, 1 INT, 2 Pass Defended, 3 Stuffs

2) 86 Tackles, 1 Sack, 5 FF, 0 INT, 7 PD, 5 Stuffs

3) 116 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 0 FF, 1 INT, 5 PD, 2 Stuffs

4) 99 Tackles, 0.5 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT, 8 PD, 3 Stuffs

The top two are Mayo and Spikes and the bottom two are Bowman and Willis. A lot of us complained that Mayo wasn't the playmaker that Willis is (including myself), but it is rather obvious that he is having a heck of a season.... better than both Willis and Bowman. Willis is better in pass coverage though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Linebackers

The group of Mayo, Spikes, Hightower and Nink is a very good one. Nink is lately playing more DE than OLB though. I think Hightower will be exceptional based on his instincts and his unusual size. Mayo is already a rock solid leader of the D and is good enough to be a leader of a dominating D. Spikes is a run stopper like Ted Johnson was. Nink is sort of a Vrabel jack of all trades though not at Vrabels level yet (I do not know if he will become that good but he is a solid contributor).

I would like to see another stud added to this group. Preferably one with an upgrade in coverage skills (a weak point here) and pass rush skills. Of course he would have to be able to play the run solidly. But I would want to add one more to this list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I still find it funny people think Mayo isn't a very good LB. He's one of the best in the league and because (before the last couple weeks) BB kept him behind the line and didn't use his full potential people just wrote him off as "not that good". Almost comical to think about right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I would like to see another stud added to this group.

Perhaps the Patriots already have that linebacker-in-waiting that you're wanting.

Think Dane Fletcher!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think we need more depth in the secondary, and need to add another DE or OLB. If Welker is gone next season, will have to add depth at WR position - not sure if Edelman can fill his shoes due to injuries.  And to think Demps may add some excitement with special teams next year.  If ghost continues to miss chip shots - may need to pick up another kicker.

Very excited about the future...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

I like out LB core right now. If we really are a 4-3 hybrid, then Mayo, Spikes, Hightower are your guys. I see Cunningham, Jones, and we need another really impactful DE/OLB to fill the hybrid position. I mean seriously out front 7 is pretty stout if Hightower catches fire here on out. Jones, Love, Wilfork, Nink(Scott), Mayo, Spikes, Hightower. Next year a Chung replacment would be sick...6-1 220 and hits with reckless abandon. DMC is more than adequete at FS especially once he gets more reps. And I'm hoping Dennard steadily improves his game...then your down to 2 solid corners...one slot and the other outside. Our team is young and prepped for success.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I think we need more depth in the secondary, and need to add another DE or OLB. If Welker is gone next season, will have to add depth at WR position - not sure if Edelman can fill his shoes due to injuries.  And to think Demps may add some excitement with special teams next year.  If ghost continues to miss chip shots - may need to pick up another kicker.

Very excited about the future...

I don't recall Ghost missing any chipshots, and I've watched every game. I've seen him miss a couple that he usually makes, but they weren't "chip shots".

Sections
Shortcuts