that would mean that the 4/3 is gone as a base defense

So we have Hightower,Collins,Mayo and Anderson ( Anderson and Collins

very good cover lbs)

Who is the best shot at the 5th lb?

and

Any PS players here now??

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wouldn't it mean the opposite? Less LB's means it's easier to run a 43 because you usually load up along the DL and in a 34 you typically want to carry more LB's. Don't also forget Nink and Jones could flex out to LB (like McGinest) in a 34 so I wouldn't rule out either.

Yes, those 4 I think are locked in. The 5th guy is going to have to provide ST plays. White and Davis seem to have the edge in that catagory. Flemmings got good size though and can't rule out Beauharnais. Of all of them though only White played in all 16 games so I'd have him as the tentative nod.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Linebackers?

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Supposedly the Pats are only going to carry 5 lbs

very good cover lbs)

and

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wouldn't it mean the opposite? Less LB's means it's easier to run a 43 because you usually load up along the DL and in a 34 you typically want to carry more LB's. Don't also forget Nink and Jones could flex out to LB (like McGinest) in a 34 so I wouldn't rule out either.

Yes, those 4 I think are locked in. The 5th guy is going to have to provide ST plays. White and Davis seem to have the edge in that catagory. Flemmings got good size though and can't rule out Beauharnais. Of all of them though only White played in all 16 games so I'd have him as the tentative nod.

Agree with Russ here. It would most likely mean we have 3 lbs on the field most of the time. 

However, as we know, we have a number of players that are hybrids...lb/s, de/lb, olb/ILB...

Its hard to look at the defense and pencil them all in to certain positions. I think bb has a great deal of flexibility with this group, and when he has this, he can call up some crazy schemes to give opponents fits. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Nincovich is about as mobile as Hightower, Bearnhaus can probably play some, Browner can play in the box, most importantly if our DT's stay healthy there will be a wall upfront.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

5 LB's does seem a bit on the thin side.  What have the Pats typically carried on the 53-man?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Agree with Russ here. It would most likely mean we have 3 lbs on the field most of the time. 

However, as we know, we have a number of players that are hybrids...lb/s, de/lb, olb/ILB...

Its hard to look at the defense and pencil them all in to certain positions. I think bb has a great deal of flexibility with this group, and when he has this, he can call up some crazy schemes to give opponents fits. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Please don't say you just called me Rusty  >.<

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Please don't say you just called me Rusty  >.<

That was my perception as well.  Was waiting for your response ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

5 LB's does seem a bit on the thin side.  What have the Pats typically carried on the 53-man?

I believe it was 6, but Beahanis(sp) was the 6th and didnt play much. I think our core will be 5, but no way we dont atleast carry six.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I believe it was 6, but Beahanis(sp) was the 6th and didnt play much. I think our core will be 5, but no way we dont atleast carry six.

I'd be surprised if we carried fewer than 6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I'd be surprised if we carried fewer than 6.

Id say Beauharnais has the upper leg due to being here for 2 years but I would look at Fleming and Gordon too possible supplant him if they show up in preseason and carve out a role on S/T. They both are bigger, more athletic than S.B. who goes about 230.

Gordon has some position flexibility, Starting as a WR, then to S and then LB.

Fleming has been in the league for 2 years w/San Fran but has been injured.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Supposedly the Pats are only going to carry 5 lbs

very good cover lbs)

and

[object HTMLDivElement]

sorry i transposed-  4 dl with 3 lbs base

Sections
Shortcuts