Lions Love Weed More Than Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Lions Love Weed More Than Football

First it was RB Mikel Leshoure...and now Nick Fairley. Man...you have to wonder. Here's a guy who, coming out of Auburn last year, seemed to have the world at his feet. But, a leg injury later, and now, a marijuana charge, makes you wonder if this guy is going to throw it all away. Time to grow up, son: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/nick-fairley-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Lions Love Weed More Than Football

The Lions have not even been at the top very long. Personally I think its dumb to test for pot.  Theres a lot worse things they could test for. How many stoned guys have you seen shoot their legs in a night club at 3 am? Most stoned guys at that time are sleeping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Lions Love Weed More Than Football:
    [QUOTE]The Lions have not even been at the top very long. Personally I think its dumb to test for pot.  Theres a lot worse things they could test for. How many stoned guys have you seen shoot their legs in a night club at 3 am? Most stoned guys at that time are sleeping.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

testing for alcohol or tobacco would be more conducive to player health.
    pot has no deleterious effect on health.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Can you really blame them? I mean with that kind of salary they can afford some dank sticky

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

If I smoke a bowl while watching the Pats how do I tell which I like better?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

whether it's dumb or not it's against the law and against the rules agree upon by the NFLPA, so until either is changed IT'S STILL ILLEGAL. In other words don't do it period.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that simple thing. If you don't like it then fight to get it changed but it is changed if you don't obey the rules then expect to be punished. Seriously who is willing to risk millions of dollars over getting a little high? Personally I don't smoke and don't really care if anyone does but is there a single person out there who if I offered a multi-million dollar contract and said now as part of this contract you can't smoke up anymore would you say "well then if I can't smoke up I don't want the money"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'd definitely try really hard to give it up for that kind of money but I'm sure it wouldn't be easy. A lot of these guys should still be in college, the immaturity will show up in some of them no doubt. One thing I wouldn't do is be a jackazz and have 7 pounds sent to my house like Simpson and the other guy from Cincy. There's nothing wrong with smoking up now and then but it seems like some of these guys are trying to get caught, its ridiculous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]whether it's dumb or not it's against the law and against the rules agree upon by the NFLPA, so until either is changed IT'S STILL ILLEGAL. In other words don't do it period. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that simple thing. If you don't like it then fight to get it changed but it is changed if you don't obey the rules then expect to be punished. Seriously who is willing to risk millions of dollars over getting a little high? Personally I don't smoke and don't really care if anyone does but is there a single person out there who if I offered a multi-million dollar contract and said now as part of this contract you can't smoke up anymore would you say "well then if I can't smoke up I don't want the money"?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]I'd definitely try really hard to give it up for that kind of money but I'm sure it wouldn't be easy. A lot of these guys should still be in college, the immaturity will show up in some of them no doubt. One thing I wouldn't do is be a jackazz and have 7 pounds sent to my house like Simpson and the other guy from Cincy. There's nothing wrong with smoking up now and then but it seems like some of these guys are trying to get caught, its ridiculous.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I think Ricky Williams did

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I don't know about the Lions, but I know I do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

[QUOTE]whether it's dumb or not it's against the law and against the rules agree upon by the NFLPA, so until either is changed IT'S STILL ILLEGAL. In other words don't do it period. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that simple thing. If you don't like it then fight to get it changed but it is changed if you don't obey the rules then expect to be punished. Seriously who is willing to risk millions of dollars over getting a little high? Personally I don't smoke and don't really care if anyone does but is there a single person out there who if I offered a multi-million dollar contract and said now as part of this contract you can't smoke up anymore would you say "well then if I can't smoke up I don't want the money"?
    I'm willing to guess that with their salary they are just "getting a little high"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lions Love Weed More Than Football : maybe it's time to worry more about real criminals and stop wasting the billions we do on our bull**** phony and selective "morality" policing...our drug laws are overreaching and destructive at the end of the day
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

its a political tool and nothing more.

alcohol and tobacco are reponsible for more death than all illicit drugs combined.
    and the govt backs them financially.

ditto on crime.

people comitting crime pot aided (laugh)

alcohol or other drug related for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I understand if you wanna smoke pot, but i dont get why they Feel the need to drive around and smoke weed. Just leave the pot at home and go out and do whatever you need ta do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]whether it's dumb or not it's against the law and against the rules agree upon by the NFLPA, so until either is changed IT'S STILL ILLEGAL. In other words don't do it period. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that simple thing. If you don't like it then fight to get it changed but it is changed if you don't obey the rules then expect to be punished.-#1
    Seriously who is willing to risk millions of dollars over getting a little high?-#2 Personally I don't smoke and don't really care if anyone does but is there a single person out there who if I offered a multi-million dollar contract and said now as part of this contract you can't smoke up anymore would you say "well then if I can't smoke up I don't want the money"?

PatsEng and ALL:

(#1)- Lmao...ya you'll be o.k..  I'm sure that 27th term 75 year old in Congress, is just BEGGING for the chance to make an absolutely untaxable homegrown drug with less side effects than 99.9999% of every drug from the A#1 of BOTH political camps' unrivaled Very Top paying Federal Politicians Campaign contributors found withinin The US Med Industry, 100% totally legal.  It probably wouldn't cost that much time and especially money, In some attempt to revamp every person in the entire nation's local law enforcement community, with additional devices AND training in order so they can test for alcohol AND now mary-j too, whenever someone gets pulled over who they believe, IS for all intents & purposes, inebriated and fully intoxicated from over-taking BOTH drugs before driving home on Friday night...  They could...it's just the "I could grow it in my basement" no-money-making aspect that it'll bring.  After that, they should be able to overhaul a quarter of the funds and half the structural assignments of the: FDA, ATF, State Law Officers, Local Law Officers, FBI, 1 other "drug" agency I'm now forgetting, and finally that "terrorist" one that they're now using for drug-busts for some reason now, too...  Finally, they'll figure out how they're gonna deal with legal implications of however many 10's of 1000's (I'm sure it's more like 100's of 1000s)- of people currently behind bars based solely on varying p0t related charges and subsequent convictions.....by morning (they should be able to wrap this up).

~Look, here's my take on p0t:  I've either been prescribed (or in the past, just coped and used), I'm fairly certain, perhaps maybe 2 or 3 drugs shy of every mind or mood-altering substance on planet earth, natural or synthetic...  I've busted my #ss, trying to ween myself off ALL (alcohol included-not a drop for 5-6 years...I'm pretty fanatical on this, my intention towards the most absolute self-sufficiency & control being placed in my hands, as humanly possible these days).  I hadn't smoked cannabis for 10+ years (since college-never really liked it- ya know, not destructive enough to my overall well-being <you guys should know this sh#t by now: With me, it's all or nothin', I don't got time for half-measures...like p0t>).  Yet, the two people closest to me, have smoked and continue to smoke, for years now...  In my quest to come off some of these simply tragic drugs, the obstacles have been momentous...  Mmmm, great: A 2 year insanity of the sc#mb#g Methodone Clinic, to cure the Oxycotin issue...Oxy's=there's a biggee- There's ZERO excuse now, but please try to fully understand this- When I was offered 1/4 of a baby aspirin sized pill (lmao, I actually broke off about 1/2 of that 1/4 offered pil-the guy I worked with whom ofered me this "neat-o lil' 'pain-killer'" actually started cr#ckin' up)- There was ZERO...there was NONE...there was NOTHING discussed in ANY of even the tiniest of moderately well-known ways, ABOUT the fact that this very widely prescribed pharmaceutical's properties was that of legal her0in (and I was prescribed it, without any issue, in very short time).  Before this event, in which that LOL, very 1st 1/8 of the smallest offered dosage of a baby aspirin pill- pulled me into the greatest feeling I had ever experienced that far in my life (hooked-1st time, like most- no problem-totally hooked), what else was currently there for all of our experential understandings in the late 1990's?  Vicodin?  Garbage...nothing, there IS no comparison.  Then pot and alcohol...big whoop, drink on the college weekend, smoke-pot maybe once a year.  I grew up knowing that I would NEVER allow for the !d!ocy of putting a heroin needle in my arm, or a cr#ck pipe up to my face...NEVER then, and through it all, Never still.  But there was simply and absolutely ZERO word about the life-terror that this 1/8th of a baby aspirin would inevitably (and REALLY quickly) bring for me.  ALL I knew, is that for the very 1st time ever, My lifelong depression & UN-real to this day, issues with muscle tension, Abated...they ceased to be something which affected every part of my world, without 1 single minute of respite.

Quid pro quo...  But not the most even exchange in this Oxy pancea of ailments, in the course of 2 minutes down the line (doesn't matter when you're hooked in the first second, however).

~~~

Fast-forward a decade (maybe 2 years ago), and in my quest to simply forsake my depression and ever-present, every-second, 24-7 muscle-tension issues, By "Just sayin' 'NO'" (and my version of sayin' "No"- No to alcohol, pain-killers, street drugs, AND the same "No" to pharmacists, insurance companies, drug manufacturers, and doctors- Having complete and total control of my life- MY "No", That crazy-person, full-bore fanatical, Absolute version of "no"), I began quickly considering the idea of using pot a few times a month, in order to alleviate the crippling depression, and even more crippling musculator problems...Plus now, the night sweats, suicidal terror, leg-kicking...no stop, You CAN'T Stop...for days (try kicking your legs for 2 days straight, and you HAVE to; Worst half-sleep for an hour or 2, Then ya wake up with that sickening recognition of what your reality is; Same sickening daily awakening with that dependency fissure on the heels of that HS sweetheart dvmpin' you...just 10X worse, with not even comparable physical side effects; 2 Days more of leg kicking-every second...movement being the only thing that stops every muscle and fiber soaked with kerosene, and lit ablaze...but unaidable, because it's below the surface; Same disturbed-sleep followed by the same depressing dawn...Never stops, just slows down...but it lessens so slowly over months and months, that you recognize so utterly, and most often no real improvement either way), Coupled with the nauseau where ya don't eat for 3 days (1 nature valley bar in 3 days- sickening to the floor; 3 more days after?  1 more 2 ounce health bar...same sickening, actually even worse LOL- simply insane).

And I did...and it helped.  And I used p0t to overcome these very same natural issues all along, weighted now by the twice as heavy man-made withdrawals of prescription medication withdrawals (No, not simply the "legal-her#in b#llsh#t...even these, after ya formulate some superman-like will, to kick, inevitably get replaced in a far less destructive fashion, but a crippling one nonetheless- In lesser Meds, with lesser destruction, yet lesser "symptom-abating" ways, yet with 127 additional "but 'lesser'" side affects- Cymbalta, Abilify, to name just 2 outta the 100 hopes proffered you, after you take a number, to wait in a cattle-line, for you're smiling all-knowing doctor to hand you as the "pharm-rep backed 'special-of-the-day'" what they sell off as the next "bona fide cure-all" for your symptoms, within your 5 minute alotted discussion with them...  

P#t was something that I used for this...  I actually grew to hate it for 10+ years of never using it past the handful of times people use it in the 16-22year old range.  It worked.  It did...  I don't have any vested interest in it...sorta the opposite, in fact.  But 2-3X a month for maybe a year and half timespan, at home (despise the notion of placing others "at risk"- Even when I drank, 1 beer=Zero car driving, unconditionally).  Never increased the usage...  And now?  Maybe once every other month.  $15 Dimebag=That's about a half a year over-supply right now, lol...  I actually and really do believe that the very smallest usage of this drug, can not only help those totally debilatating physical symptoms and genetic (natural) issues, but it can also do wonders to help you on your quest for more complete & self-actualized control of your life when getting away from those other outlets ineviatbly pushed on you by social society and kind doctors (alcohol, Meds), under the failed premise that they'll curb Issue #1...  Even without the biological short-comings and diseases and otherwise- Just purely addictive tendencies and self-traits and ancestor-based-geneologies- Same thing.  It's 1 of the better final stage options for the post-operative curing procedure latter-stage "casts", available to this day (21st Century of brilliant advancements everywhere else), That WILL help you if your final & dedicated quest is to walk without crutches...

~~~

Here's the concern with lightin' up a "j" on a regular, or just semi-regular basis...  When people say, "It makes you st#p#d", well- After hating it's "feel" and flatly denying it in a complete and entirely prohibitive manner for a decade (without exception-sorry if you don't understand this day and age, chances are you're in the 65+ age group- nothing wrong, apart from your antiquated and unfitting takes on what it's like growing up in any generation after your own), prior to using it in the 18-22 year old range on a number I CAN count on less than 2 hands worth of fingers (just so there's no ambiguity, I have "10" btw), prior to openly seeing if it had ANY ablative values a couple years ago, just over 30 y.o....I DO have to say, Those in the "Makes you dvmb" Camp, they're preachin'-  Well, nothin' really.  Really, no...

You have to smoke on just short of a day to day basis (lol, OR more, if that's you're thing), for it to make you "st#p#d."  And it will, I've personally seen it with my younger brother & my best friend (in their 17-24 year old "youth"), that yup- yes-siree, It surely will make you intellectually slow, and forgetful, and idk- sorta "single-witted" so to say...

This side effect however, only becomes a big issue, if:  you're already a d#psh#t...My brother and best friend however, are not.  They quickly recognize(d) this aspect, and just as quickly slowed down their use considerably due to this facet.

Anything else?  Anything relative to our Detroit Guys on here?  Anything about p0t that offers more concernable reactions and results...?  Yee-up:

(#2)-MOTIVATION.  That is not in any way, shape, OR form, some fictional flight of fancy forwarded by some d#ucheb#g 70 year old conservative j#rk-#ff.  Well, It is...they're simply actually correct for once.  

A-mazing detriment to your motivation and desire.  Simple forms of desire right on up, towards larger cultural notions areas found under the simple breath of certain euphemisms like "making something of yourself", etc..  I'm not shallow enough to forward any trully delusional notion of things we laughably over-value as "cultural successes" and their either altogether !d!ot!cally shallow, or simply incredibly excessive over-evaluations pertaining to the notion of whom we deem to be "Successful, Important People of Merit."  Buuuut, when you're no longer caring about cleaning up the house, and/or ya decide that the "reality-tv" forms of The History Channel, Documentary, Science (etc), are simply WAY over your head now...so you'll just keep it on The Cartoon Network (it is good...but for 2 months straight?)-  THAT is, for me at least, A FAR more recognizable concern of the apathy it brings.

~~~

Q: How does this relate?

A: It doesn't... Pot is neither all-consumning enough and thus- all detrimental enough for this aspect to pique my interest due to this having a larger detrimental design as it weighs within society's whole.  No...George Bush Jr.'s commercial of 2 kids lighting up a jo#nt, and the quick scene cut to the statement where it allows for armed terrorists to acquire handheld surface to air missles to compliment their array of 58 other automatic firearms they keep in their trunk (lmao, just readying themselves to take down compassionate bible-based countries 1 at a time...1 by 1, until they bring their dream of a S#t#nic World Dictator to power)=Not quite sure I fully buy that from that image of 2 15 year olds, smokin' 3 bucks worth of w##d;  Really hard sell to me...(If ya really simply need a drug that might...just look to your own nose there, Junior).      
    Really, If the antichrist world government is your final goal...and the money-making choice you're choosing to sm#ggle to areas for government toppling and large-scale profit, IS p0t- and p0t alone.  Well, you're just an imb#c#le, o.k...I am far more willing to believe that you'll just end up accidentally driving your car into the rio grande, on Drug-Run #1).

So let 'em smoke...  They are neither going to take over the world, And they ain't gonna j#ck up the neighboorhood liquor store with a hostage stand-off leading to a double-murder, just to because they're desperately fiending demand for a 20-bag, wasn't met. 
    They'll just be lazier and less motivated...  Pardon the misnomer, More Power to 'Em.  It might just possibly THE greatest social evolutionary method imaginable.  Thin out the lazy & st#p#d from the herd...  Let the silly ponies that wanna smoke, Smoke...just tell 'em that some of the other zebras don't care for the smell too much, so they gotta t0ke up on the edges of the herd=Excellent flankers for lion bait...everyone's happy in the end.

><final (yeaaa, I know)><

I believe true hard-liners feel the same way about h#m#sexuality...  My advice?  My advice is, hopefully being g#y IS "a choice" and not by the biological design of some neuron firing a different message because 2 genomes flipped or something...  This way, there's room for converts.  For me, their can't be enough.  Tell me you're g#y and I'm glowing...  Odds are, you dress really well and have excellent fashion, keep better care of your body image more than most straight people...also, you can afford and readily CAN afford some really nice-lookin' material accessories...finally you're a much better listener to women than undoubtedly, I'll EVER be.  Please...I will help plan events and distribute car flyers- I'll even march just so ya might be able to convert that 1 guy who might get in the way of the insanely blazing 19 year old brunette g#hd-d#mn yoga instructor(!) I wanna na!l at the tanning salon.  Please=FULL support.  

Does the fuller portrait benefit my shallow & fixed presumptions and pretenses...OR I'm I too fixated on the pointlessly learned & emphasized ideas on social norms, that I actually fully displace the entirety of the Larger idea & Image to even my own detriment, because I'm blindly strangled by my massively outweighed biases...?

...Instead of a Bounty system in NE, Pats Players should do money pools towards sendin' really st#nky-delicious ounces in the mail to the players on making up the ensuing week's opponent's game-day roster.  That's my advice.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I'd definitely try really hard to give it up for that kind of money but I'm sure it wouldn't be easy. A lot of these guys should still be in college, the immaturity will show up in some of them no doubt. One thing I wouldn't do is be a jackazz and have 7 pounds sent to my house like Simpson and the other guy from Cincy. There's nothing wrong with smoking up now and then but it seems like some of these guys are trying to get caught, its ridiculous.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I don't smoke and I don't think smoking up every so often is a bad thing, just as long as you treat it like any other state altering substance (ie don't smoke and drive and it has been shown in some, not all, individuals to slow reflexes, impair ability to make quick decisions, and prevent tunnel vision).

But, again if my job performed tests and any arrests were to be made public which could affect my pay or employment then there you should not be doing it. Earn your money and when you retire if you want to smoke up fine but while you are being paid millions just put the bong down. And, those that couldn't either have an addiction they need help with or have no self control which is a red flag in the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Lions should have done Hernandez contracts.  Aaron Hernandez had two positive pot tests and was drafted in the fourth round, so Jonathan Kraft offered him third round money if he would lose it all for a positive drug test or an alcohol bust.  So far, Hernandez wants to keep the million dollars.  Funny how that works.

The cookie monster got his name because he was offered a billion dollars or a cookie.  He took the cookie.  OK he was high at the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lions Love Weed More Than Football : testing for alcohol or tobacco would be more conducive to player health. pot has no deleterious effect on health.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Weed has no deleterious effect on health? Really?
    http://www.theantidrug.com/drug-information/marijuana-facts/health-effects-marijuana.aspx; and http://www.theantidrug.com/drug-information/marijuana-facts/negative-effects-marijuana.aspx

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Athletes and weed go together like PB and J. What's the problem ? They got cash..and need to relax and think outside the box for awhile.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I live in Canada and no one really cares about who and when people smoke weed. Still, it's probably not a good idea to smoke-up on the job if you work in manufacturing. I agree that alchohol and tobacco do far worse things to your body and that people who are stoned are less prone to physical violence than people fueled up on Red Bull and alcohol. It seems to me the right thing to do would be to legalize weed and tax it. I believe they already do this in some parts of Canada. Also don't necessarily believe that marijuana is a gateway drug; I know plenty of people that smoke pot and they never go near coke, meth or any other "hard drugs". That said, its probably not a good idea to jeopordize your career by smoking up.

What strikes me about all this is that Detroit seems like a team on its way up (great WR/QB tandem in Megatron and Stafford) that has drafted reasonably well (post-Millen era has begun) with players like Delmas, Avril, Titus Young, and obviously Suh. The problem on and off the field seems to be a lack of discipline. If the organization can get that under control this team could very good.

I'd worry more about some methhead with a shotgun robbing a pharmacy than some stoner/pothead looking for a Captain Crunch fix when he gets the munchies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Good thing he got caught. It might have saved his life. Next thing you know he's doing coke and herion etc..then it's a real problem.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I live in Canada and no one really cares about who and when people smoke weed. Still, it's probably not a good idea to smoke-up on the job if you work in manufacturing. I agree that alchohol and tobacco do far worse things to your body and that people who are stoned are less prone to physical violence than people fueled up on Red Bull and alcohol. It seems to me the right thing to do would be to legalize weed and tax it. I believe they already do this in some parts of Canada. Also don't necessarily believe that marijuana is a gateway drug; I know plenty of people that smoke pot and they never go near coke, meth or any other "hard drugs". That said, its probably not a good idea to jeopordize your career by smoking up. What strikes me about all this is that Detroit seems like a team on its way up (great WR/QB tandem in Megatron and Stafford) that has drafted reasonably well (post-Millen era has begun) with players like Delmas, Avril, Titus Young, and obviously Suh. The problem on and off the field seems to be a lack of discipline. If the organization can get that under control this team could very good. I'd worry more about some methhead with a shotgun robbing a pharmacy than some stoner/pothead looking for a Captain Crunch fix when he gets the munchies.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the Lions being on their way up. There's a bunch of stuff going on there, like the inability of Suh to control his actions on the field, and the inability of Leshoure and Fairley to control their conduct off the field. The Lions' coach really needs to start laying down the law with his players.

Can you even imagine things like this happening with BB in charge?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lions Love Weed More Than Football :      Don't know about the Lions being on their way up. There's a bunch of stuff going on there, like the inability of Suh to control his actions on the field, and the inability of Leshoure and Fairley to control their conduct off the field. The Lions' coach really needs to start laying down the law with his players.      Can you even imagine things like this happening with BB in charge?  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Like I said in the previous post they have an on field (too many personal fouls) and off the field discipline problem. And you;re right it wouldn't happen on Belichick's watch (faulk's weed, Kaczur's oxy). Also isn't 10-6 alot better than 0-16? They had nowhere to go but up, at one point. Another problem they have is that they are in a division with Green Bay and I don't expect them to win the division title if Mr. Rodgers is healthy. My only point was that the Lions have improved since the Millen era.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is it just me or do athletes get busted more frequently for recreational drug use than the average recreational user?  How do they get caught so easily?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lions Love Weed More Than Football : PatsEng and ALL : (# 1 )- Lmao...ya you'll be o.k..  I'm sure that 27th term 75 year old in Congress, is just BEGGING for the chance to make an absolutely untaxable homegrown drug with less side effects than 99.9999% of every drug from the A#1 of BOTH political camps' unrivaled Very Top paying Federal Politicians Campaign contributors found withinin The US Med Industry, 100% totally legal.  It probably wouldn't cost that much time and especially money, In some attempt to revamp every person in the entire nation's local law enforcement community, with additional devices AND training in order so they can test for alcohol AND now mary-j too, whenever someone gets pulled over who they believe, IS for all intents & purposes, inebriated and fully intoxicated from over-taking BOTH drugs before driving home on Friday night...  They could...it's just the "I could grow it in my basement" no-money-making aspect that it'll bring.  After that, they should be able to overhaul a quarter of the funds and half the structural assignments of the: FDA, ATF, State Law Officers, Local Law Officers, FBI, 1 other "drug" agency I'm now forgetting, and finally that "terrorist" one that they're now using for drug-busts for some reason now, too...  Finally, they'll figure out how they're gonna deal with legal implications of however many 10's of 1000's (I'm sure it's more like 100's of 1000s)- of people currently behind bars based solely on varying p0t related charges and subsequent convictions.....by morning (they should be able to wrap this up).       ~ Look, here's  my take on p0t:  I've either been prescribed (or in the past, just coped and used), I'm fairly certain, perhaps maybe 2 or 3 drugs shy of every mind or mood-altering substance on planet earth, natural or synthetic...  I've busted my #ss, trying to ween myself off ALL (alcohol included-not a drop for 5-6 years...I'm pretty fanatical on this, my intention towards the most absolute self-sufficiency & control being placed in my hands, as humanly possible these days).  I hadn't smoked cannabis for 10+ years (since college-never really liked it- ya know, not destructive enough to my overall well-being <you guys should know this sh#t by now: With me, it's all or nothin', I don't got time for half-measures...like p0t />).  Yet, the two people closest to me, have smoked and continue to smoke, for years now...  In my quest to come off some of these simply tragic drugs, the obstacles have been momentous...  Mmmm, great: A 2 year insanity of the sc#mb#g Methodone Clinic, to cure the Oxycotin issue...Oxy's=there's a biggee- There's ZERO excuse now, but please try to fully understand this- When I was offered 1/4 of a baby aspirin sized pill (lmao, I actually broke off about 1/2 of that 1/4 offered pil-the guy I worked with whom ofered me this "neat-o lil' 'pain-killer'" actually started cr#ckin' up)- There was ZERO...there was NONE...there was NOTHING discussed in ANY of even the tiniest of moderately well-known ways, ABOUT the fact that this very widely prescribed pharmaceutical's properties was that of legal her0in (and I was prescribed it, without any issue, in very short time).  Before this event, in which that LOL, very 1st 1/8 of the smallest offered dosage of a baby aspirin pill- pulled me into the greatest feeling I had ever experienced that far in my life (hooked-1st time, like most- no problem-totally hooked), what else was currently there for all of our experential understandings in the late 1990's?  Vicodin?  Garbage...nothing, there IS no comparison.  Then pot and alcohol...big whoop, drink on the college weekend, smoke-pot maybe once a year.  I grew up knowing that I would NEVER allow for the !d!ocy of putting a heroin needle in my arm, or a cr#ck pipe up to my face...NEVER then, and through it all, Never still.  But there was simply and absolutely ZERO word about the life-terror that this 1/8th of a baby aspirin would inevitably (and REALLY quickly) bring for me.  ALL I knew, is that for the very 1st time ever, My lifelong depression & UN-real to this day, issues with muscle tension, Abated...they ceased to be something which affected every part of my world, without 1 single minute of respite. Quid pro quo...  But not the most even exchange in this Oxy pancea of ailments, in the course of 2 minutes down the line (doesn't matter when you're hooked in the first second, however). ~~~ Fast-forward a decade (maybe 2 years ago), and in my quest to simply forsake my depression and ever-present, every-second, 24-7 muscle-tension issues, By "Just sayin' 'NO'" (and my version of sayin' "No"- No to alcohol, pain-killers, street drugs, AND the same "No" to pharmacists, insurance companies, drug manufacturers, and doctors- Having complete and total control of my life- MY "No", That crazy-person, full-bore fanatical, Absolute version of "no"), I began quickly considering the idea of using pot a few times a month, in order to alleviate the crippling depression, and even more crippling musculator problems...Plus now, the night sweats, suicidal terror, leg-kicking...no stop, You CAN'T Stop...for days (try kicking your legs for 2 days straight, and you HAVE to; Worst half-sleep for an hour or 2, Then ya wake up with that sickening recognition of what your reality is; Same sickening daily awakening with that dependency fissure on the heels of that HS sweetheart dvmpin' you...just 10X worse, with not even comparable physical side effects; 2 Days more of leg kicking-every second...movement being the only thing that stops every muscle and fiber soaked with kerosene, and lit ablaze...but unaidable, because it's below the surface; Same disturbed-sleep followed by the same depressing dawn...Never stops, just slows down...but it lessens so slowly over months and months, that you recognize so utterly, and most often no real improvement either way), Coupled with the nauseau where ya don't eat for 3 days (1 nature valley bar in 3 days- sickening to the floor; 3 more days after?  1 more 2 ounce health bar...same sickening, actually even worse LOL- simply insane). And I did...and it helped.  And I used p0t to overcome these very same natural issues all along, weighted now by the twice as heavy man-made withdrawals of prescription medication withdrawals (No, not simply the "legal-her#in b#llsh#t...even these, after ya formulate some superman-like will, to kick, inevitably get replaced in a far less destructive fashion, but a crippling one nonetheless- In lesser Meds, with lesser destruction, yet lesser "symptom-abating" ways, yet with 127 additional "but 'lesser'" side affects- Cymbalta, Abilify, to name just 2 outta the 100 hopes proffered you, after you take a number, to wait in a cattle-line, for you're smiling all-knowing doctor to hand you as the "pharm-rep backed 'special-of-the-day'" what they sell off as the next "bona fide cure-all" for your symptoms, within your 5 minute alotted discussion with them...   P#t was something that I used for this...  I actually grew to hate it for 10+ years of never using it past the handful of times people use it in the 16-22year old range.  It worked.  It did...  I don't have any vested interest in it...sorta the opposite, in fact.  But 2-3X a month for maybe a year and half timespan, at home (despise the notion of placing others "at risk"- Even when I drank, 1 beer=Zero car driving, unconditionally).  Never increased the usage...  And now?  Maybe once every other month.  $15 Dimebag=That's about a half a year over-supply right now, lol...  I actually and really do believe that the very smallest usage of this drug, can not only help those totally debilatating physical symptoms and genetic (natural) issues, but it can also do wonders to help you on your quest for more complete & self-actualized control of your life when getting away from those other outlets ineviatbly pushed on you by social society and kind doctors (alcohol, Meds), under the failed premise that they'll curb Issue #1...  Even without the biological short-comings and diseases and otherwise- Just purely addictive tendencies and self-traits and ancestor-based-geneologies- Same thing.  It's 1 of the better final stage options for the post-operative curing procedure latter-stage "casts", available to this day (21st Century of brilliant advancements everywhere else), That WILL help you if your final & dedicated quest is to walk without crutches... ~~~ Here's the concern with lightin' up a "j" on a regular, or just semi-regular basis...  When people say, "It makes you st#p#d", well- After hating it's "feel" and flatly denying it in a complete and entirely prohibitive manner for a decade (without exception-sorry if you don't understand this day and age, chances are you're in the 65+ age group- nothing wrong, apart from your antiquated and unfitting takes on what it's like growing up in any generation after your own), prior to using it in the 18-22 year old range on a number I CAN count on less than 2 hands worth of fingers (just so there's no ambiguity, I have "10" btw), prior to openly seeing if it had ANY ablative values a couple years ago, just over 30 y.o....I DO have to say, Those in the "Makes you dvmb" Camp, they're preachin'-  Well, nothin' really.  Really, no... You have to smoke on just short of a day to day basis (lol, OR more, if that's you're thing), for it to make you "st#p#d."  And it will, I've personally seen it with my younger brother & my best friend (in their 17-24 year old "youth"), that yup- yes-siree, It surely will make you intellectually slow, and forgetful, and idk- sorta "single-witted" so to say... This side effect however, only becomes a big issue, if:  you're already a d#psh#t...My brother and best friend however, are not.  They quickly recognize(d) this aspect, and just as quickly slowed down their use considerably due to this facet. Anything else?  Anything relative to our Detroit Guys on here?  A nything about p0t that offers more concernable reactions and results ...?  Yee-up: (# 2 )- MOTIVATION .  That is not in any way, shape, OR form, some fictional flight of fancy forwarded by some d#ucheb#g 70 year old conservative j#rk-#ff.  Well, It is...they're simply actually correct for once.   A-mazing detriment to your motivation and desire.  Simple forms of desire right on up, towards larger cultural notions areas found under the simple breath of certain euphemisms like "making something of yourself", etc..  I'm not shallow enough to forward any trully delusional notion of things we laughably over-value as "cultural successes" and their either altogether !d!ot!cally shallow, or simply incredibly excessive over-evaluations pertaining to the notion of whom we deem to be "Successful, Important People of Merit."  Buuuut, when you're no longer caring about cleaning up the house, and/or ya decide that the "reality-tv" forms of The History Channel, Documentary, Science (etc), are simply WAY over your head now...so you'll just keep it on The Cartoon Network (it is good...but for 2 months straight?)-  THAT is, for me at least, A FAR more recognizable concern of the apathy it brings. ~~~ Q : How does this relate? A : It doesn't... Pot is neither all-consumning enough and thus- all detrimental enough for this aspect to pique my interest due to this having a larger detrimental design as it weighs within society's whole.  No...George Bush Jr.'s commercial of 2 kids lighting up a jo#nt, and the quick scene cut to the statement where it allows for armed terrorists to acquire handheld surface to air missles to compliment their array of 58 other automatic firearms they keep in their trunk (lmao, just readying themselves to take down compassionate bible-based countries 1 at a time...1 by 1, until they bring their dream of a S#t#nic World Dictator to power)=Not quite sure I fully buy that from that image of 2 15 year olds, smokin' 3 bucks worth of w##d;  Really hard sell to me...(If ya really simply need a drug that might...just look to your own nose there, Junior).       Really, If the antichrist world government is your final goal...and the money-making choice you're choosing to sm#ggle to areas for government toppling and large-scale profit, IS p0t- and p0t alone.  Well, you're just an imb#c#le, o.k...I am far more willing to believe that you'll just end up accidentally driving your car into the rio grande, on Drug-Run #1).          So let 'em smoke...  They are neither going to take over the world, And they ain't gonna j#ck up the neighboorhood liquor store with a hostage stand-off leading to a double-murder, just to because they're desperately fiending demand for a 20-bag, wasn't met.  They'll just be lazier and less motivated...  Pardon the misnomer, More Power to 'Em.  It might just possibly THE greatest social evolutionary method imaginable.  Thin out the lazy & st#p#d from the herd...  Let the silly ponies that wanna smoke, Smoke...just tell 'em that some of the other zebras don't care for the smell too much, so they gotta t0ke up on the edges of the herd=Excellent flankers for lion bait...everyone's happy in the end. > < final (yeaaa, I know) > < I believe true hard-liners feel the same way about h#m#sexuality...  My advice?  My advice is, hopefully being g#y IS "a choice" and not by the biological design of some neuron firing a different message because 2 genomes flipped or something...  This way, there's room for converts.  For me, their can't be enough.  Tell me you're g#y and I'm glowing...  Odds are, you dress really well and have excellent fashion, keep better care of your body image more than most straight people...also, you can afford and readily CAN afford some really nice-lookin' material accessories...finally you're a much better listener to women than undoubtedly, I'll EVER be.  Please...I will help plan events and distribute car flyers- I'll even march just so ya might be able to convert that 1 guy who might get in the way of the insanely blazing 19 year old brunette g#hd-d#mn yoga instructor(!) I wanna na!l at the tanning salon.  Please=FULL support.   Does the fuller portrait benefit my shallow & fixed presumptions and pretenses...OR I'm I too fixated on the pointlessly learned & emphasized ideas on social norms, that I actually fully displace the entirety of the Larger idea & Image to even my own detriment, because I'm blindly strangled by my massively outweighed biases...? ...Instead of a Bounty system in NE, Pats Players should do money pools towards sendin' really st#nky-delicious ounces in the mail to the players on making up the ensuing week's opponent's game-day roster.  That's my advice.     
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wish your posts were shorter so more people would read them. this time, you really, REALLY nailed it.

The only thing I would argue against somewhat is that regular pot smoking makes people dumb. I've seen a LOT of evidence against this...myself being one. Past 12 years, multiple times daily...I don't think I'm any less intelligent now, than when I started at 19. At 26-27 I was working as an editor for a large engineering firm dealing with very technical documents and it was never a problem. Although...maybe my intelligence WOULD be Einsteinian without the pot? Interesting thought...

Memory? Definitely effect the short term, absolutely no question. I often lose trains of thought, many times while typing out a post here.

Motivation? Painfully so. I don't know what it is, but a steady diet of marijuana has seemingly changed my priorities. Why is vacuuming important? I mean, I know it's important, but most people I know do it at least weekly...why? Same for mowing lawns...why are people so obsessed with having a perfectly manicured and uniform 1/2 inch of grass covering their front yards? Sure, it's ok to look at...but what else? Why all the dedication of time, money and effort? People work 5-6 days a week, do yard work another, then house work...for what? Some NEEDS to be done, but do we all need to live in houses cleaner than the local hospital? Sheesh.

Gateway drug? Hardly. I smoke pot regularly, and avoid taking even an aspirin for a headache. I've never even tried anything else, not shrooms, pills, powders or anything else. I also rarely drink (and by rarely, my last was over 2 years ago, and I was never a big drinker to begin with). It's a total farce. It's a gateway drug only because it's accessible to kids, and kids that have addictive personalities and WANT to try other things tend to start with pot just because of the availability, not because it drives them towards stronger things. Of the many pot-head people I've known, a few liked an occassional mushroom, but not much beyond that.

Help with depression? Oh yes, without a doubt. It numbs all your emotions. You don't get as mad, or sad. You may get giggly, but not truly happy. I guess it's kind of a mood stabilizer, you don't get up or down with it. Some people I know talk about the clarity it offers. Some mention it opens their minds, or gets them in touch with their creativity (poetry, painting, song writing, listening to music...all things increased while high).

It can help give cancer patients an appetite when the chemo is ravaging them.

It can make people less anxious, though it does also have a paranoid effect on some. Although, all drugs offer paradoxical effect at times, to some people...why would pot be any different?

Drug companies obviously don't want it. But don't forget about the textile and paper companies either. They are the reason it was originally outlawed and still have a vested interest in keeping it illegal.

Watch the commercials for all these drugs on the market. Then wait 2-4 years, and watch all these commercials from lawyers looking for former users to sue the drug companies for s c r e w i n g them up. What a joke, I don't trust any pill made in a lab. I DO, however, have more faith in a plant that grows in the ground. Sure, poison grown naturally too...but the manufactored poisons are far more potent and deadly.

There is no good reason to keep pot illegal when tobacco and alcohol are acceptable. There is no greater legal hypocrisy on the books.

Sections
Shortcuts