Lions on deck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lions on deck

Watching the lions / browns game Suh had a late hit and a couple cheap looking shots piling on at the end of the play. Do we want to expose Brady to this?  The browns 1's ate the lions lunch bush will help the lions but IMO stafford was a waste of a pick. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Re: Lions on deck

hopefully, the starters on both teams will play 3 quarters.   If Detroit can get a decent pass rush going and get to Brady, it would be interesting to see how the rest of the offense does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

3rd preseason game is generally a prelude to the reg season.  I don't see a whole lot of deep dropbacks for TB in this game.  Lot of quick slants, perhaps some screens. No need to expose him to a Suh cheap shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I'm with Phil. Suh and the rest of the Lions are hard nosed, but also dirty players. I would't play TB12 at all. He can get his reps in game 4.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Mankins has been described as a dirty player. Not that I'd wan't Brady injured, but the Patriots need to shed their image of being finesse - and this would be a good game to gauge the rest of the offense apart from Brady (if Detroit can penetrate). Can McD adapt and counter a good pass rush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Football players play football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

This from ESPN:

Personnel whirlwind for Lions' defense*

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/59632/personnel-whirlwind-for-lions-defense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

This from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/59632/personnel-whirlwind-for-lions-defense

it will be interesting to see if McD can exploit detroits d when they go "wide 9". Will McD be stubborn and stick with Brady and passing if Detroit manages to sack/hit/disrupt Brady or will he use the running back corp to help move the chains.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

In response to GO47's comment:

This from ESPN:

it will be interesting to see if McD can exploit detroits d when they go "wide 9". Will McD be stubborn and stick with Brady and passing if Detroit manages to sack/hit/disrupt Brady or will he use the running back corp to help move the chains.

For the most part they took what the defenses gave them last year. I do think the Patriots offense is more balanced this year so it will be interesting to see just what the offense does. We also saw more screens last year which is a good way to neutralize a defensive line that likes to blitz.