List of UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away? I think there are a few.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

List of UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away? I think there are a few.

I wanted to put a list together for myself and thought I would share, what I found is that there still some players left out there in limbo.  Like a few of the OL a lot, I think a few OG types can come and start specially if this is a smach mouth football team.

OL
    *Zach Hurd Uconn OG 6'7" 325 lbs- imposing blocker, if Pats are moving to smach mouth football Hurd can help. 
    Jake Kirkpatrick TCU C 6'2" 300 lbs- I'm surprised this guy was not drafted, he's an excellent drive blocker and leader for the TCE OL.  Will probably be one of the 1st UDFAs to get a call.
    *Zane Taylor Utah C/OG 6'3" 309 lbs - Put up 41 reps at his pro day, needs to improve as a blocker but a very strong prospect who can take on NTs around the league.  Could sit for a year behind Koppen.  As before surprised he did not get drafted guess the run on D players pushed some good OL out.
    *Justin Boren Ohio State (via Michigan) OG 6'3" 320 lbs- Nasty blocker who needs to improve on sustaining his blocks but guy opens holes in the running game.  Transferred from Michigan to Ohio State after sophomore season.
    David Mims Virginia Union OT 6'8" 331 lbs- 37" arms wing span 86", small school guy who will need to be coached. 

DE/DT
    *Corbin Bryant Northwestern 6'4" 300 lbs- He had a private workout for the Patriots, has a quick first step.  10 yard 1.72 5.08 40 31 reps, not sure if he's an upgrade over Deadrick but has a quicker step.
    *Adrian Taylor Oklahoma 6'4" 302 lbs- Team captain, had some injuries including a torn Achilles in Nov 2010.  Strong run defender, gap savvy and stays in his assigned lane.  Does not provide much of a pass rush but takes on double teams and clogs up lanes.  Had he not had injury should had been drafted.
    Ricky Lumpkin Kentucky 6'4" 308 lbs - Might not be more of a backup, not great at one thing solid across the board.
    *Martin Parker Richmond 6'2" 303 lbs DT- More a 43 DT rusher, played excellent at East-West been names D player of the Game.  I like what I saw in that game, his motor doesn't stop and he explodes off his stance.  This guy could add the needed pass rush inside when they are in subs.
    Brandon Bair Oregon 6'6" 276 lbs- I don't know what to do with Bair but I will put him here rather than OLB, he just doesn't have the speed.  If nothing more would like to see how he would be used in NE.  can he add 30lbs?  He's 26, mature family man who plays for 60 minutes.

OLB
    *Mark Herzlich Boston College 6'4" 244 lbs - Just because the Patriots can't talke to Herz, doesn't mean Bruschi is not talking to him about signing with the Pats.  There's no way this kid doesn't get back to form.  He will sign with the Pats, I think.
    *Dain Taylor Drake 6'2" 246 lbs- If nothing else, this guy is such a selfless player, team leader and had excellent production I don't see how he cannot be in consideration at least come into camp compete for STs spots. At DE 13.5 sacks 24 TFL.  Those who know me on here, know I love the small school over achievers.
    Ryan Winterswyk Boise State 6'4" 268 lbs- Might not have the speed to transition to OLB, ran 4.91 at combine and then at pro day a 4.85.
    *Ugo Chinasa Oklahoma State 6'5" 260 lbs - I knew there were questions about Chinasa's power but didn't think he lack enough not to be drafted.  Very quick first step, very good pass rusher but does get pushed back in the running game.  Will need to work to get stronger and could become a 4 down player.  has the speed and size.
    *Scott Lutrus UConn 6'3" 242 lbs - This kid was all over the place at UConn, very instinctive and was dropped into coverage.  Played both OLB and DE in passing downs to rush the passer.  Liter than you'll like but this kid's instincts are hard to ignore, could be a nickel LB (faster than Nink).
    *Mario Harvey Marshall 5'11 257 lbs - 27 reps, 4.46 40, NE had a scout a his pro day and took a particular interest (as reported) on Harvey.  I know what everyone will say but impressive kid. 
    "He ranks 4th in the nation and 2nd in C-USA in tackles per game with 11.9 and has 143 total tackles (65 solo), 17.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery this season. His 8.5 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss rank third in C-USA. He ended his brilliant career with 420 total tackles, tying Donahue Stephenson (1990-93) for fifth all-time at Marshall. - Marshall football"
    *Steven Friday Virginia Tech 6'3" 245 lbs - Very good pass rusher, don't take my word for it.  Watch VT against BC, Friday vs Castonzo.

WR
    Ricardo Lockette Fort Valley State 6'2" 207 lbs - Raw WR with blazing speed, would need to develop his routes.  Too similar to Price.
    *Armon Binns Cinci 6'3" 209 lbs - Doesn't have elite top end speed but accelarates quickly.  Gets off the jam and into his route.  Very good hands, will fight for the ball, good blocker not great.  A bigger Branch, a bit faster also.
    Courtney Smith South Alabama 6'4" 223 lbs - I will put him in a type of receiver not saying he will be the next Bodden.  Not great speed but as Binns will make the tough catches and will go get the ball.  Great YAC, red zone target. 
    Raymond Radway Abilene Christian 6'3" 193 lbs - Good size and speed to get deep, will need time to develop.
    *Jarred Fayson Illinois 6'1" 215 - Sub 4.4 40, lined up as WR, RB, KR at Illinois.  Transfered from Florida to gain playing time.

DB
    *Justin Rogers Richmond CB 5'10" 190 lbs - While at Richmond, dominated WRs and was considered that league's shutdown CB.
    *Joe Lefeged Rutgers SS/FS/CB/KR 6'0" 210 lbs - good cover skills big hitter, natural safety but has speed to be a CB.  At FS can come down to nickel spot.  Averaged 24.9 yard per return. 
    *Kendric Burney UNC CB 5'09" 186 lbs - "short and slow are not good in the NFL", Mayock bangs the table for this guy.  That's all I need to know.

* Players I think have a real chance of making a roster and would like to see at camp.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away?

Add this guys IMO draft for those grade it a C or lower will improve:

Herzlich OLB
    Fayson WR
    Friday or Chinasa OLB
    Bryant DE
    Taylor C/OG
    Hurd OG
    Kirkpatrick OG/C

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: List of UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away? I think there are a few.

Lets see where's my shopping cart.

I'll take

Zane Taylor
    Justin Boren
    Mark Herzlich
    Ugo Chinasa
    Steven Friday
    Courtney Smith (to see what he could do as a big possession WR)

Did Devin Mayo get taken? If not I'd bring him in too.

I think they'd be good camp players who might have a shot of knocking one of the players off the roster

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: List of UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away? I think there are a few.

As far as interior OL goes, I'm high on Tim Barnes, the C/OG from Missouri. 

Good size (6-4 300), decent strength (26 reps) and moves well (5.17 40, 4.42 SS, 7.19 3C), also said to have good smarts, has been durable and has a lot of quality experience (3 year starter).

As far as WR's go, I still like Sanzenbacher and Maehl or maybe give a big kid like Terrence Toliver a look.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: List of UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away? I think there are a few.:
    [QUOTE]7393, As far as interior OL goes, I'm high on Tim Barnes, the C/OG from Missouri.  Good size (6-4 300), decent strength (26 reps) and moves well (5.17 40, 4.42 SS, 7.19 3C), also said to have good smarts, has been durable and has a lot of quality experience (3 year starter).
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

That's a good one I missed, there are certainly good depth of these UDFAs. 

They already have Austin on the roster, he's a very good run blocker that can also play C.  He spent last year on the PS, he could be an option.  Played at Clemson, open holes for Spiller.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Kris O'Dowd

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: List of UDFAs, anyone left worth bringing in? Anyone who can help right away? I think there are a few.:
    [QUOTE]I know that Clay Mathews little brother went to the Eagles but im not sure who if anyone drafted Mayo's kid brother. MB will know, MB who drafted little Mayo? Also another name to keep in mind, WR Fred Rouse. I have mentioned him in the past as a troubled kid who was a highly recruited high school player who messed up his chance and ended up at a div 2 team where he cleaned up his act and destroyed defenses. He was said to be the next Randy Moss, which I know they say all the time but this kid was a monster of a prospect and I doubt he is on too many teams radar so we could sign him to the practice squad if need be and see what he does. I think if we got our hooks in this kid he would develop into a future WR for this team. But then again they are already working on Taylor Price who a coaching friend of mine has said is going to be a monster once he learns how to be a pro WR.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Randy Moss is 6'4" 210 ran 4.21 40, Rouse is 6'2" 200lbs ran a 4.50 40 at his pro day.  Way too much negative for my liking, too many average speed WRs available without the off field stuff.  I take either Tate or Price over Rouse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I know that Clay Mathews little brother went to the Eagles but im not sure who if anyone drafted Mayo's kid brother. MB will know, MB who drafted little Mayo? Also another name to keep in mind, WR Fred Rouse. I have mentioned him in the past as a troubled kid who was a highly recruited high school player who messed up his chance and ended up at a div 2 team where he cleaned up his act and destroyed defenses. He was said to be the next Randy Moss, which I know they say all the time but this kid was a monster of a prospect and I doubt he is on too many teams radar so we could sign him to the practice squad if need be and see what he does. I think if we got our hooks in this kid he would develop into a future WR for this team. But then again they are already working on Taylor Price who a coaching friend of mine has said is going to be a monster once he learns how to be a pro WR.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

killa,
    I don't see that Mayo was drafted, so he should be available once rookie free agency kicks off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

of those players here's who i think i would like to see
    OL
    *Zach Hurd Uconn OG 6'7" 325 lbs- imposing blocker, if Pats are moving to smach mouth football Hurd can help. 

*Zane Taylor Utah C/OG 6'3" 309 lbs - Put up 41 reps at his pro day, needs to improve as a blocker but a very strong prospect who can take on NTs around the league.  Could sit for a year behind Koppen.  As before surprised he did not get drafted guess the run on D players pushed some good OL out.

David Mims Virginia Union OT 6'8" 331 lbs- 37" arms wing span 86", small school guy who will need to be coached. 

DE/DT
    *Corbin Bryant Northwestern 6'4" 300 lbs- He had a private workout for the Patriots, has a quick first step.  10 yard 1.72 5.08 40 31 reps, not sure if he's an upgrade over Deadrick but has a quicker step.
    *Adrian Taylor Oklahoma 6'4" 302 lbs- Team captain, had some injuries including a torn Achilles in Nov 2010.  Strong run defender, gap savvy and stays in his assigned lane.  Does not provide much of a pass rush but takes on double teams and clogs up lanes.  Had he not had injury should had been drafted.

OLB
    *Mark Herzlich Boston College 6'4" 244 lbs - Just because the Patriots can't talke to Herz, doesn't mean Bruschi is not talking to him about signing with the Pats.  There's no way this kid doesn't get back to form.  He will sign with the Pats, I think.

*Ugo Chinasa Oklahoma State 6'5" 260 lbs - I knew there were questions about Chinasa's power but didn't think he lack enough not to be drafted.  Very quick first step, very good pass rusher but does get pushed back in the running game.  Will need to work to get stronger and could become a 4 down player.  has the speed and size.
    Deron Mayo

*Mario Harvey Marshall 5'11 257 lbs - 27 reps, 4.46 40, NE had a scout a his pro day and took a particular interest (as reported) on Harvey.  I know what everyone will say but impressive kid. 
    "He ranks 4th in the nation and 2nd in C-USA in tackles per game with 11.9 and has 143 total tackles (65 solo), 17.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery this season. His 8.5 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss rank third in C-USA. He ended his brilliant career with 420 total tackles, tying Donahue Stephenson (1990-93) for fifth all-time at Marshall. - Marshall football"
    *Steven Friday Virginia Tech 6'3" 245 lbs - Very good pass rusher, don't take my word for it.  Watch VT against BC, Friday vs Castonzo.

WR
    Ricardo Lockette Fort Valley State 6'2" 207 lbs - Raw WR with blazing speed, would need to develop his routes.  Too similar to Price.

*Jarred Fayson Illinois 6'1" 215 - Sub 4.4 40, lined up as WR, RB, KR at Illinois.  Transfered from Florida to gain playing time.

DB
    *Justin Rogers Richmond CB 5'10" 190 lbs - While at Richmond, dominated WRs and was considered that league's shutdown CB.
    *Joe Lefeged Rutgers SS/FS/CB/KR 6'0" 210 lbs - good cover skills big hitter, natural safety but has speed to be a CB.  At FS can come down to nickel spot.  Averaged 24.9 yard per return. 

* Players I think have a real chance of making a roster and would like to see at camp.