Living on the downside of the hill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Living on the downside of the hill

Don't be jealous because your team doesn't have a picture of one of their players holding the Lombardi.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Living on the downside of the hill:
    Its pretty obvious to outside observers that the Patriots and their fans are living on the downside of the hill.  Long gone are the days when the Patsies could consistently take on play-off caliber opponents and expect to dominate...perhaps even more telling is that this team is 3 years removed from when it could take on playoff caliber team and come out with a victory.  Some on this board have come to realize this...others seem to be living in past glory which was tainted by spygate...sad...and yet amusing.
    Posted by TexasPathetic

You created this account, hide behind your fake name... and say WE are sad?  I have crapped out better things than you.  I read your post, it is regurgitated stuff from elsewhere.  You aren't even smart enough you make up your own crud?
    You don't mention which team YOU call yours.  I'm sure its the Anywhere Frontrunners.  The good news: Your opinion is as worthless as you are.  The bad news: You were allowed to post this here.  Lets see what we can do about that.  Stop running and hiding behind these fake accounts.  Come on and be someone who stands up for what he believes in.  You won't, because you don't believe in anything.  I'm guessing you are, what, 15?  16 maybe?  You spell fairly well, so you can't be totally stupid.  In the end, your name is correct.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Guess Texas Pathetic (Leon) is convinced that 10 is greater than 14.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill:
    In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : It appears to me the Pats beat all the remaining playoff teams.  No, the Pats crushed all the remaining teams but one.  The 45-3 one in particular stands out even though that team beat us twice, The Pats still beat them by double the amount of points of both games.  Now, isn't it time that you go play with some fans of your own team.  Yourself doesn't count!
    Posted by pezz4pats

"It appears to me the Pats beat all the remaining playoff teams."  Seriously?  If so, then what time are the Patsies playing this weekend?  In fact, how many YEARS has it been since the Patsies even won a playoff game?  Of course you're happy with a regular season victory....because you're too pathetic to realize it doesn't really matter....just like 18-1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

In Response to Living on the downside of the hill : At one point during the season you said to yourself I hate Brady and Pats and how they always win... I Know this because you left and are now back since they lost.  Get ready to keep saying that for the next 5 years.  Save the they "Pats keep losing in the playoffs", because we are the only team that makes the playoffs and goes 14-2 in a rebuilding mode.  You see all the young talent.  We need a difference maker at running back to keep D's honest, and a pass-rush on ther other side and that would round up weaknesses really... futures bright Mr. Pathetic, but I doubt your teams future is.... terrible name by the way. 
    Posted by Getzo

Goodluck with the rebuilding.  Keep you eye out for a QB that isn't so soft, and a HC that knows a thing or two about clock mgmt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Guess Texas Pathetic (Leon) is convinced that 10 is greater than 14.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

WRONG. I am convinced that 11 is greater than 14. 

As in when a team with 11 regular season victories remains in the playoffs and one with 14 sits at home...but that's just me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm TELLING you guys, there should be an IQ test to post here.  It would eliminate nearly every Jet fan here.  This turd would be the first.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : "It appears to me the Pats beat all the remaining playoff teams."  Seriously?  If so, then what time are the Patsies playing this weekend?  In fact, how many YEARS has it been since the Patsies even won a playoff game?  Of course your happy with a regular season victory....because your too pathetic to realize it doesn't really matter....just like 18-1.
    Posted by texas_pathetic

41 YEARS AND COUNTING! TIC, TIC, TIC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : WRONG. I am convinced that 11 is greater than 14.  As in when a team with 11 regular season victories remains in the playoffs and one with 14 sits at home...but that's just me.
    Posted by texas_pathetic

So your basically painting the scenario for the Jets if they don't win this Sunday they are on the downside of the hill as well. You didn't advance any further than the year before.

Just looking forward to the offseason when a new CBA and cap get announced. Then the Jets front office will wet their pants when they realize they can't sign hardly any of their marquee free agents and have to make roster cuts that will drop their team back to the 4-12 years. The fraud QB will get exposed and in a few years big mouth will be out of a job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Texas_Pathetic, what can we declining PATS fans say in the face of your obvious truth?  Wait till next year.  That is all we can say now, because there won't be any meaningful games till September.  Come back then and we'll talk.  Seems to me that a team going 14 & 2 in a rebuilding year is not really on the downhill side and we did beat some play-off teams this year, the Packers, the Steelers, the JETS, the Colts and possibly others.  We will still be in the thick of it next year while your team?  Well, who knows?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : Goodluck with the rebuilding.  Keep you eye out for a QB that isn't so soft, and a HC that knows a thing or two about clock mgmt.
    Posted by texas_pathetic

So you know I'm right by making ambiguous statemtents.... good.  We'll be back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

"So your basically painting the scenario for the Jets if they don't win this Sunday they are on the downside of the hill as well. You didn't advance any further than the year before."

I don't think you understand basic geometery.  To be going "downhill" you had to previously been at a higher point.  So, your logic regarding the Jets is flawed.

"The fraud QB will get exposed and in a few years big mouth will be out of a job."  Didn't this past weekend teach you something about your prognostication skills?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : So you know I'm right by making ambiguous statemtents.... good.  We'll be back.
    Posted by Getzo

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ambiguous
    You are correct...your remarks are ambiguous (def'n 2), so what's the point in even acknowledging them.  Specifically, your self-proclamation that the Patsies are in a "rebuilding" mode; what does that even mean?  You get a * showing up in 2010?  By the way, who isn't rebuilding every year in the NFL?  

I will say the Patsies need to replace parts began in earnest about 5/6 years ago.  You now find yourself 7 yrs removed from a SB win; thats about 50% of the NFL's "best" QB's career wasted away with the clock ticking to ultimately replace that part as well.  So I imagine that "rebuilding" excuse of yours is going to have a nice shelf life.

p.s.  A soft QB and a HC that need better clock mgmt skills is a pretty specific need.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : Hey, lets look at it this way.  You aren't a real fan of anything.  You are a new account, who is just putting up stupid crud, because you are so full of stupid crud it is bursting out of you, so you dump it here.  I won't refute whatever you said, because you are just a fool.  What I WILL say is you are also a GUTLESS COWARD hiding behind a fake account, and when the heat gets too bad, you will bail.  You snot nosed, mewling püke.
    Posted by Davedsone

Davedsone   Let's face it, you'd never win a speech and debate contest but I think you know that...but seriously, you need to upgrade the name calling from the version 0.01 that ur using...at least think about it

Let's focus on the "stupid crud" that you suggest I have posted.  Strip it down to the basics, and let me hear your refute:  "Long gone are the days when the Patsies could consistently take on play-off caliber opponents and expect to dominate...perhaps even more telling is that this team is <going on /> 3 years removed from when it could take on playoff caliber team and come out with a victory."  When originally posted this statement was accurate for both regular and post season match-ups; I will grant that the Patsies had much better regular season success against playoff caliber team in 2010.  But the fact remains, one and done in 2010.  So tell me how this is either "stupid" or "crud"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Your post is not founded in any rational thought at all.  I don't need to tell you that.  You know it.  You don't extrapolate very well, either.  You don't build a good foundation of logic on which to base your premise, and your verbiage in general is loaded with insulting labels aimed at infuriating your audience.  Which, all in all, means you are not trying to inform anyone of anything.  It means you are trolling.  I know it, and at the moment you are pretending that YOU don't know it.  I didn't think you were that stupid, but if you insist you are, fine.  What I will do, is submit your posts regularly to the moderators, and get you banned when I can.  Then, when you pop up again, I will repeat the process.  As often as needed.  

Oh, and it is hard to insult my ability to win a "speach and debate contest"  when you can't even spell speech.  Did you know there is a spell check BUILT IN to the comment box?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

I'm normally not looking for a letter grade on my posts for either compostion or spelling.  And from what I can tell, neither are you.  But feel free to continue to call me names rather than engage in the substance of this thread topic...which had enough appeal for you to come into and engage in insults rather than with an open mind for discussion.

e.g. what is the difference between it being a "rebuilding" or being on the "downside of the hill" - i.e. past one's prime, past the peak, needing to rebuild....I'd say nothing other than the willingness to admit it.

p.s. there is also an "ignore" feature...if you don't like this thread, or my posts, just ignore the thread or me rather than seeking me out just to verbally harass me?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Sorry Dave, I am going to have to ignore you...you clearly are more interested in threatening me than discussing this thread.  However, I stand by my statement that this team is on the "downside of the hill"...

1.  Extended period of playoff failures; 0 - 3 in last four years.
    2.  Extended period of failure against playoff caliber teams in regular season play (until 2010, hadn't beaten a playoff caliber team in the regular season since 2007)
    3.  Defense = bottom quartile in the NFL, despite 4-5 years of retooling
    4.  aging QB situation
    5.  suspect RB situation

You may feel differently, but I'll never know.

cya - IGNORE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Great.  Then you DIDN'T see this!  Your post is pathetic, all right.  You are correctly named.  

1.  Extended isn't an actual measurement.  By contrast, 3/4 of the NFL has had playoff success less recently than we have.  
    2. We beat the top playoff teams in the NFL this year.  ALL of them except the Falcons.  
    3.  Total year.  Last 8 games, mostly top 10, exception total passing yards, a function of the bend but dont break.  check points against, and turnovers.  Top 5
    4.  Again, no measurement in your statement.  EVERY quarterback is "aging"
    5.  One 1000 yard rusher, and one of the highest average yards per attempt refutes you. 
    I don't FEEL any of this.  The statistics bear me out on every point that you can measure.  You sir, are without a logical argument.  Which is what I have said already.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Sorry Dave, I am going to have to ignore you...you clearly are more interested in threatening me than discussing this thread.  However, I stand by my statement that this team is on the "downside of the hill"... 1.  Extended period of playoff failures. 2.  Extended period of failure against playoff caliber teams in regular season play 3.  Defense = bottom quartile in the NFL, despite 4/5 years of retooling 4.  aging QB situation 5.  suspect RB situation You may feel differently, but I'll never know. cya - IGNORE
    Posted by texas_pathetic

Is this guy for real?? What a moron. Aging QB? Talk to me when Sanchez has 3 rings like Brady has. Oh ya, and 2 Superbowl MVP's. Sanchez won't survive Heinze Field on Sunday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

".just like 18-1."

18-1 was painful but was hardly irrelevant. I'll remember that season for the rest of my life. Tons of players are in the hall of fame based on making it to the Super Bowl so it does stand on its own. Only a handful of teams have won the SB since the Pats last won it. 

I have my share of concerns about the organization but overall it's been a great ride. If you can't see that I feel sorry for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

In Response to Re: Living on the downside of the hill : Is this guy for real?? What a moron. Aging QB? Talk to me when Sanchez has 3 rings like Brady has. Oh ya, and 2 Superbowl MVP's. Sanchez won't survive Heinze Field on Sunday.
    Posted by jpsoxfan

Yes, aging QB.  Brady will be 35 next year.  There have been only 3 QB over 35 to win a SB, and none over 38.  Injuries and age take their toll on everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

" .just like 18-1." 18-1 was painful but was hardly irrelevant. I'll remember that season for the rest of my life. Tons of players are in the hall of fame based on making it to the Super Bowl so it does stand on its own. Only a handful of teams have won the SB since the Pats last won it.  I have my share of concerns about the organization but overall it's been a great ride. If you can't see that I feel sorry for you.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I can understand that season was painful and revelant to you and other Patsie fans, but at the end of the day an undefeated regular season followed a loss in the playoff is failure.  Last year showed that undefeated regular season records is not the reason teams play the game (to the extent that other organizations overtly put little value on going undefeated i.e. the Colts).  So, I think its fair enough to say that the record that gets you into the playoffs is irrelevant...but success, once there, is. (I suppose its that logic that makes 11 /> 14, as discussed earlier)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Interesting that this guy is back.  I guess his Mommy calmed him down and made him a grilled cheese sandwich.  After a day of so, he stopped crying and returned.

Sections
Shortcuts