Lloyd and his miraculous catches

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Lloyd and his miraculous catches

Are all on the sideline falling out of bounds.

He's had some pretty horrible drops this season on some easy throws.

I think we all see it...this guy is terrified of getting hit. Moreso than any receiver I have ever seen.

Honestly, if I were a defense, I'd give him the inside and guard the sideline. You make him move into the field and he's going to fold with a safety within 5 yards of him. Seriously, defenses should prevent him from going out of bounds.

I don't care if he ends up going for 1000 yards and 6-7 TDs...for a team that was once known for its toughness, this guy severely lacks it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Lloyd and his miraculous catches

He's horrible when it comes to drops. The reason he has all those highlight catches is because he makes the easy ones tougher than they need to be. He is an athletic guy, but he's SO scrawney, and he's definitely not tough. I was VERY against the Pats shelling out the cash for him...but then they got him at a big discount, which is really what he's worth. But the expectations for him should be in that same range. He'll be OK, but he's NOT a #1 Wideout on a good team. He's definitely not a guy they should feel comfortable relying on and letting Welker go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Um, okay dude, whatever you say! But you are wrong.  Has he been what we were hoping for? Probably not at this point but to talk about him like he is a bust then I gotta disagree.  Number one he is a threat and even a bit of a deep threat so that alone keeps defenses honest and opens up others.  As far as drops and stuff, well he has dropped some catchable passes and he has caught some very difficult catches so I think we should keep him around.  Beats the heck out of anyone else they have brought in since MR. MOSS left town.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Brandon Lloyd is awesome.  He will get better as the season goes on.  Jeez, the guy is the 4th option for Brady, and he is on track to be a 1000 yard reciever.

It is now like we have Calvin Johnson sitting on the bench. Who would you want out there? Ochocinco?  Reche Caldwell?  Sam Aiken?  Deion Branch? Brandon Tate? Joey Galloway?
    Tiquan Underwood?

He is way better than all of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Not saying he is horrible. I've mentioned that he's probably the best 4th option in the leage.

What I am saying is that watching him play the WR position gets annoying.

Edelman is no where near as good as Lloyd, but he lays his body on the line on every play. I can respect that and enjoy watching Edelman play. He's the type of player that you want to fight with you in the playoffs.

The thing I fear about Lloyd is this:

His reluctance to get hit can lead to:

Crucial drops. These will be magnified in a playoff run. Lloyd is going to be the guy that will get the most one on one's out of Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. He's going to get some significant passes thrown his way.

Everytime I think of the 2001-2004 Pats, I think of the clip of Bruschi yelling, "They don't got it" after he stripped the Colts receiver of the ball. Lloyd, to me, is the type of receiver that would get stripped of the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

BRING BACK RECHE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Not saying he is horrible. I've mentioned that he's probably the best 4th option in the leage.

What I am saying is that watching him play the WR position gets annoying.

Edelman is no where near as good as Lloyd, but he lays his body on the line on every play. I can respect that and enjoy watching Edelman play. He's the type of player that you want to fight with you in the playoffs.

The thing I fear about Lloyd is this:

His reluctance to get hit can lead to:

Crucial drops. These will be magnified in a playoff run. Lloyd is going to be the guy that will get the most one on one's out of Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. He's going to get some significant passes thrown his way.

Everytime I think of the 2001-2004 Pats, I think of the clip of Bruschi yelling, "They don't got it" after he stripped the Colts receiver of the ball. Lloyd, to me, is the type of receiver that would get stripped of the ball.

all receivers drop passes, wes welker is as sure handed as they come and even he made a huge drop in the super bowl.....i like what lloyd brings to the team, i honestly dont think they are using him right, but he does have 35 catches, not bad for a 4th option.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Whatever his deficiencies his perceived fear of getting hit is not one of him.  Jerry Rice made a HOF career of going out of bounds rather than taking a needless hit.  Our own Deion Branch is another example.  Branch will fall to the ground rather than take a hard hit.  Branch was a SB MVP.  Any player is most valuable if they are able to suit up for 16 games each year.

You are right that Edelman is as tough as they come, but he's missed several games because of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude has sucked so far.  He gets Zero separation and drops more balls then he catches.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The dude has sucked so far.  He gets Zero separation and drops more balls then he catches.

Short and sweet but pretty accurate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Short and sweet but pretty accurate.

Perfect description

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Um, okay dude, whatever you say! But you are wrong.  Has he been what we were hoping for? Probably not at this point but to talk about him like he is a bust then I gotta disagree.  Number one he is a threat and even a bit of a deep threat so that alone keeps defenses honest and opens up others.  As far as drops and stuff, well he has dropped some catchable passes and he has caught some very difficult catches so I think we should keep him around.  Beats the heck out of anyone else they have brought in since MR. MOSS left town.

actually his lack of reliablity allowed the jets to play a safety up and stuf the middle more effectively than other teams have done against us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

former all season, latter of late. if it continues more than a few more games, he should not start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Hey the guy had a bad game agains the Jets. It happens. WW had a bad game in the Super Bowl. It happens. Doesnt mean the guy sux. Give it a rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He's made a few spectacular catches especially on the sidelines but has dropped some of the easy ones. Dropped passes lose games. The 2003 and 2004 Patriots seemed to catch everything that was thrown their way. 

Lloyd hasn't made a play on a long pass, in fact I cant remember the last time they hit on a bomb period. One where the ball is thrown over 30 yards in the air. It seems like years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Don't forget that horrible OPI vs. the Jets!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

The guy who posted this keeps posting negative threads?.....agenda maybe?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

Lloyd is starting to annoy me as well with his lack of toughness

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

He's made a few spectacular catches especially on the sidelines but has dropped some of the easy ones. Dropped passes lose games. The 2003 and 2004 Patriots seemed to catch everything that was thrown their way. 

Lloyd hasn't made a play on a long pass, in fact I cant remember the last time they hit on a bomb period. One where the ball is thrown over 30 yards in the air. It seems like years.

Buffalo game.  Brady hit Gronk for about 35 in the air.  It says a lot when the receiver in this case is a tight end.  The fact is Lloyd is not getting separation and is dropping balls he should catch.   He did not give full effort on that bomb in the first quarter against the Jets.

Sections
Shortcuts