Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Lloyd (and other c...

Ridley getting the most snaps with the brady first offense.

fanene eating up gallory on a few plays

the not so good so far: per curran
    Mallett continues to be slow with his reads against coverage

The offensive line as a unit seemed to have problems with the speed and aggressiveness of the defensive line.

good on the de!

nice that dennards hammy called a "tweaked" hamstring (which is exaclty what i expected at this point in camp after hearing of the issue.

niccccce per curran:

"coaches are cognizant of Dont'a Hightower's power. It showed up - despite advance warning - when tight ends were doing a blocking drill and Gronk almost got flipped over backwords."

interesting per espn

"Donald Thomas. The reserve guard won his one-on-one battles in rush drills against Kyle Love, Marcus Harrison and Brandon Deaderick. "

cannon is struggling a bit so far on the edge.

bolden showing more burst than vereen at this point. (wonder if bb lets him play based on performance or does more "rookie holdback" with him).

donta hightower looking a beast, re-routing anyone he encounters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.

This is really what deep threats do. There's a lot of faith in NFL QB's abilities. But in reality they cannot hit spots the size of a shoe box on a moving target 40 yards down field consistently. They put themselves in position to make the catch and find a way to come down with a ball in traffic. If Moss only caught passes in the breadbasket nobody would know his name. I'm sure many will disagree but if catching deep balls was all about QBs dropping the ball in the right space anyone who can run a 4.4 40 could be a deep threat. Lloyd is slow, undersized, and catches everything within 10 yards of him. Heard Bolden is showing up early too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.

In Response to Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]Ridley getting the most snaps with the brady first offense. fanene eating up gallory on a few plays
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    Did you see this in person, video?  Whats your source?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]This is really what deep threats do. There's a lot of faith in NFL QB's abilities. But in reality they cannot hit spots the size of a shoe box on a moving target 40 yards down field consistently. They put themselves in position to make the catch and find a way to come down with a ball in traffic. If Moss only caught passes in the breadbasket nobody would know his name. I'm sure many will disagree but if catching deep balls was all about QBs dropping the ball in the right space anyone who can run a 4.4 40 could be a deep threat. Lloyd is slow, undersized, and catches everything within 10 yards of him. Heard Bolden is showing up early too.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

yeah i was working more on my review adn jsut posted includign that.

i played wr as well.
    still eltie skills are elite skills :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : Did you see this in person, video?  Whats your source?
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

no im in ca. several sources a couple listed in the post.

peace

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too ...

"Running back Shane Vereen made a terrific catch on a wheel route. Brady lofted a throw over safety Steve Gregory, who jammed Vereen in the second level, but the running back released off the press to make the catch. Good bit of playmaking."

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/07/27/patriots-wrap-up-second-practice-of-training-camp/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too ...

nice! i like it. good to hear.
    and keep it comin'
    :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm telling you, Hightower is the going to be our best LB. He's going to push Mayo and Spikes to be that much better. 

Mayo, Spikes and Hightower...Snap, crackle and POP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]I'm telling you, Hightower is the going to be our best LB. He's going to push Mayo and Spikes to be that much better.  Mayo, Spikes and Hightower...Snap, crackle and POP!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

i like the sound of that.
    if jones turns out 75% of his upside on top of that
    we look very good.
    if qwe add to that, ras i staying healthy and sterling moore playing like he did last year or mcourty returning to 80% of his first year
    teh nwe are talking a good defense to go with the helluva offense
    and no bill obrian to hold us back!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]This is really what deep threats do. There's a lot of faith in NFL QB's abilities. But in reality they cannot hit spots the size of a shoe box on a moving target 40 yards down field consistently. They put themselves in position to make the catch and find a way to come down with a ball in traffic. If Moss only caught passes in the breadbasket nobody would know his name. I'm sure many will disagree but if catching deep balls was all about QBs dropping the ball in the right space anyone who can run a 4.4 40 could be a deep threat. Lloyd is slow, undersized, and catches everything within 10 yards of him. Heard Bolden is showing up early too.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

+1 --  should be a big plus to get some "real" wideouts this year.  I'm a little disappointed to hear Vereen isn't showing much yet.  I'd also like to see a decent backfield receiving threat as well.  Last year, the whole passing offense was built around for short and intermediate distance receivers (Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and Branch).  We need to diversify that group.  Lloyd, Gaffney, and maybe Stallworth give us more downfield.  I'd like to see a bit more in the short game out of the backfield as well.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : +1 --  should be a big plus to get some "real" wideouts this year.  I'm a little disappointed to hear Vereen isn't showing much yet.  I'd also like to see a decent backfield receiving threat as well.  Last year, the whole passing offense was built around for short and intermediate distance receivers (Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and Branch).  We need to diversify that group.  Lloyd, Gaffney, and maybe Stallworth give us more downfield.  I'd like to see a bit more in the short game out of the backfield as well.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

wrote the same things last year.
    see you responding to the writings above but adressing only shenanigan.
    is that a thing?

peace

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope Vareen will kick it into high gear soon and make some steady progress because for one thing he was a second round pick. He was picked that high for a reason...he needs to show why.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't be worried about Vereen to much at this point. I mean it's almost been 9 months since he's had to perform at a higher gear and even then he wasn't really used in game situations (couple carries late in games can't get you in the flow). If by after the 2nd pre-season game he's still not showing a burst then I'll be worried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.": [QUOTE]I wouldn't be worried about Vereen to much at this point. I mean it's almost been 9 months since he's had to perform at a higher gear and even then he wasn't really used in game situations (couple carries late in games can't get you in the flow). If by after the 2nd pre-season game he's still not showing a burst then I'll be worried. Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE] True, it's early. I just want to see him get off on the right foot this camp as opposed to last season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : wrote the same things last year. see you responding to the writings above but adressing only shenanigan. is that a thing? peace
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

No, I'm really responding to everyone, but replied to Shenanigan's post just because I thought he had put together a nice summary that summed up a lot of my thoughts on your original post pretty well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.": True, it's early. I just want to see him get off on the right foot this camp as opposed to last season.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I like hearing what TFB posted above . . . that he made a nice catch.  Apparently his running hasn't been all that explosive though.  But it's still way too early. Nice to hear Boldin is showing well too.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ridley getting the most snaps with the brady first offense. fanene eating up gallory on a few plays
    Posted by bredbru

Did you see this in person, video?  Whats your source?

PEr Reiss
    First day of full-pads practice. With players in full pads, there was live contact for the first time in camp. A highlight was the one-on-one rush drills, where defensive lineman Jonathan Fanene showed why the Patriots pursued him in free agency with some solid work in tight spaces.

The good among the defense: Trevor Scott, who flashed quickness and an arsenal of pass-rush moves; Brandon Deaderick and Ron Brace, who both showed some heavy hands on interior rushes; and Jonathan Fanene, whose ability to work effectively in tight spaces was evident.

I didn't see where Gallery owned Fanene. These 2 guys are going to be huge for the Pats. You make it sound like your sources are indicating Fanene will be cut.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]  Mayo, Spikes and Hightower...Snap, crackle and POP!
    Awesome!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Bolden looked good when I went to camp yesterday. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Bolden looked good when I went to camp yesterday. 
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]
    Cool!  Tell us about your camp experience.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Lloyd has to be happy to be back in McDaniels offense. He can run most routes so his being able to make great catches does not surprise me . My hope for Ridley is that he will become a clock killing power back whereas I see Vereen as the speed guy that can be used as a receiver out of the backfield and Woodhead as the 3rd down back. Pretty happy that Bolden is doing well for UFA. This offense has the potential to downright lethal. The key will be can the Pats run the ball when the have to? Or can the O Line stay healthy?

The keys will be a sustained pass rush and the need to get someone
    (Moore, Dowling, Gregory) to step up in the secondary. The much vaunted Jets defense gave up more points than the Pats defense and the Pats D had more TOs and sacks. A healthy Carter would be nice too. Let's not forget this guy had 10 sacks last year. I expect Jones to be part of D line rotation. I have long felt that Jones is more of a developmental prospect than Hightower who looks like he can start right now. I could see Hightower as a Rookie Defensive Player Of The Year or at least top 5 rookie defenders. Has the build and the high football I.Q. My issue is that the Pats D seems to have players (Spikes, Hightower, Fork) who can stop the run, but, as yet, the D has yet to prove it can stop the pass consistently. If they can stop the pass in the 2nd half....watch out. I`d be happier than a pig in slop if the D gelled and peaked during the playoffs.

With this offense I expect teams to play catch-up and gameplan to keep Brady off the field. The Pats have to be able to win the TOP field position games aganist the tough Ds (Ravens, Steelers).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]I'm telling you, Hightower is the going to be our best LB. He's going to push Mayo and Spikes to be that much better.  Mayo, Spikes and Hightower...Snap, crackle and POP!

Sometimes a player comes along that you just know is going to be different. This kid Hightower if healthy seems to me is going to be outstanding.
    His size and strength are almost freakish, add to that he now plays for the elite team in the NFL the Patriots, (and by that I mean in his mind he is on the best team so he must be the best).
    No one in the NFL is ready for this kid and the Pats defense is considered by most teams non threatening at best.
    At mid season teams will have to worry about Hightower, which will open other avenues for the rest of the D.
    Pressure will now be a problem that hasnt existed for quite some time, this is by far the most exciting time for New England in my opinion.
    We now have a powerful offense that can be a scoring machine, and now the possibility of a defense that no one is expecting.
    All I can say is let the season begin, this should be one for the record books...

They are not worried about Mr. Hightower yet.......but they soon will be!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : Sometimes a player comes along that you just know is going to be different. This kid Hightower if healthy seems to me is going to be outstanding. His size and strength are almost freakish, add to that he now plays for the elite team in the NFL the Patriots, (and by that I mean in his mind he is on the best team so he must be the best). No one in the NFL is ready for this kid and the Pats defense is considered by most teams non threatening at best. At mid season teams will have to worry about Hightower, which will open other avenues for the rest of the D. Pressure will now be a problem that hasnt existed for quite some time, this is by far the most exciting time for New England in my opinion. We now have a powerful offense that can be a scoring machine, and now the possibility of a defense that no one is expecting. All I can say is let the season begin, this should be one for the record books... They are not worried about Mr. Hightower yet.......but they soon will be!!!  
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

I know the resemblance has been talked about before but if the physical resemblance can match the intensity and quality of play of this guy it would truly be outstanding.   It looks like it could and let's hope it does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : Sometimes a player comes along that you just know is going to be different. This kid Hightower if healthy seems to me is going to be outstanding. His size and strength are almost freakish, add to that he now plays for the elite team in the NFL the Patriots, (and by that I mean in his mind he is on the best team so he must be the best). No one in the NFL is ready for this kid and the Pats defense is considered by most teams non threatening at best. At mid season teams will have to worry about Hightower, which will open other avenues for the rest of the D. Pressure will now be a problem that hasnt existed for quite some time, this is by far the most exciting time for New England in my opinion. We now have a powerful offense that can be a scoring machine, and now the possibility of a defense that no one is expecting. All I can say is let the season begin, this should be one for the record books... They are not worried about Mr. Hightower yet.......but they soon will be!!!  

The fact that he played in a Belichick-style defense for four years in college also helps. He just came in and fit right in. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Who is he standing next too?  Makes him look like a little boy.

Sections
Shortcuts