Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too ...

In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : Who is he standing next too?  Makes him look like a little boy.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

His 'Bama brother Trent Richardson. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too ...

Jones or Bequette is more likely to play like Willie Mac but the resemblance is there.

Lloyd was my preseason pick to lead us in receptions, the lone exception to the rule may be Wes Welker if he's around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe.:
    [QUOTE]Ridley getting the most snaps with the brady first offense. fanene eating up gallory on a few plays Posted by bredbru Did you see this in person, video?  Whats your source? PEr Reiss First day of full-pads practice . With players in full pads, there was live contact for the first time in camp. A highlight was the one-on-one rush drills, where defensive lineman Jonathan Fanene showed why the Patriots pursued him in free agency with some solid work in tight spaces. The good among the defense: Trevor Scott , who flashed quickness and an arsenal of pass-rush moves; Brandon Deaderick and Ron Brace , who both showed some heavy hands on interior rushes; and Jonathan Fanene , whose ability to work effectively in tight spaces was evident. I didn't see where Gallery owned Fanene. These 2 guys are going to be huge for the Pats. You make it sound like your sources are indicating Fanene will be cut.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]
    re
    Gallery owned Fanene.

other way around.
    less owned but threw him around a bit, and got by easily

several sources dont remember which. mebbe one  fo teh local boston media

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]  If Brady stumbles this year with these weapons, it might be time to say goodbye.  
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. He won't.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Are we wagering or not?  Are you taking my bet for the 35+ pass thing or not? You talk a big game, but I could care less about stats or what Brady does for your fantasy league. Could care less.

Only if you take my bet that we win more games with Brady than we lose.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

do you two need to bring this to every thread?
    let it go.
    chat with your community about the pats

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't posted here in 4 days.  The Brady Clique has.  Go to the source.  Talk to them. They instigate it all.

takes 2 to t@t for tat.
    moving onto teh next football post makes more sense.
    enjoy some of your football posts

peace

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't posted here in 4 days.  The Brady Clique has.  Go to the source.  Talk to them. They instigate it all.

listen here Waldo.......
    You behave and be a good little soldier or we get mommy to take away your crayons, ok pumpkin?
    Now, Sit down Waldo......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : Sometimes a player comes along that you just know is going to be different. This kid Hightower if healthy seems to me is going to be outstanding. His size and strength are almost freakish, add to that he now plays for the elite team in the NFL the Patriots, (and by that I mean in his mind he is on the best team so he must be the best). No one in the NFL is ready for this kid and the Pats defense is considered by most teams non threatening at best. At mid season teams will have to worry about Hightower, which will open other avenues for the rest of the D. Pressure will now be a problem that hasnt existed for quite some time, this is by far the most exciting time for New England in my opinion. We now have a powerful offense that can be a scoring machine, and now the possibility of a defense that no one is expecting. All I can say is let the season begin, this should be one for the record books... They are not worried about Mr. Hightower yet.......but they soon will be!!!  
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

Holy .......   I knew Hightower was big and I kept hearing reports about how large he was compared to almost everyone on the field but my god. He looks like a DT compared to Richardson

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Warnings  have been out. Lloyd is a slam dunk fit with the route running and hands and Ridley would appear to be the lead back in a traditional base offense.  If Brady stumbles this year with these weapons, it might be time to say goodbye.  This offense is so loaded, it's by far and away the most talented group on paper in the cap era, if not ever.

I can only agree with your criticism of Brady in one aspect of his game.  When you succeed in getting in his face and hitting him he is just an average QB.  That is his sole weakness IMHO.  Granted most QB's look pedestrian against a good defense, but I think elite QB's should play better under pressure.  When Brady starts getting hit a lot he becomes just an average QB.  Fortunately few teams have the D to pull that off.  Unfortunately we've met those few teams when it counts.  If you look at our playof losses and even when we struggled or lost in the regular season, a pattern emerges.  The recipe for disabling Brady is out there, but it takes a good D in the kitchen doing the cooking.  I have my doubts that Buffalo will succeed, but their offseason moves have one purpose; replicate the recipe for making Brady look average.

BUT, I still think Brady is a great QB.  There is no QB I'd rather have.  Does he have a weakness?  I think so.  Is he still great?  Yes.  Do I like our odds with him?  Yes.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

The best part about Lloyd is his contract. WRs got some crazy contracts this offseason and he could've been one of them had he chosen so. Nice to see him put the team first and display a commitment to winning by taking less.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re-post..

A couple of things I didn't know about Lloyd, courtesy of Matthew Berry of all people.

72. Since 2008, there have been 20 receivers with more than 65 targets of at least 21 yards downfield. The only one not to drop a deep ball? Brandon Lloyd (88 targets).

73. Over the past two seasons, with Josh McDaniels as his head coach or primary offensive coordinator, Lloyd was the most targeted receiver on throws deeper than 20 yards downfield, with 73 such targets.

74. Calvin Johnson was second with 64.

75. Lloyd has done this with Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, A.J. Feeley and Kellen Clemens as his quarterbacks.

76. Lloyd's quarterback this year is Tom Brady. And his offensive coordinator is Josh McDaniels.

Soooooo, Brandon Lloyd has never dropped a ball over 21 yards in 83 targets? Sweet! This guy has hands....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I haven't seen Lloyd play all that much and when he got here I immediately thought...how did we solve our outside/deep problem with a guy that runs a 4.6? But watching some of his highlights I've got to admit he has tremendous body control and looks like, even though he's a long strider he gets the most out of each step and he is getting past defenses. Rice never had great speed, but he ran in a similar fashion (I don't mean to put them in the same sentence together). For a long strider Lloyd does get up to speed quickly, it should be fun to watch. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Re-post.. A couple of things I didn't know about Lloyd, courtesy of Matthew Berry of all people. 72. Since 2008, there have been 20 receivers with more than 65 targets of at least 21 yards downfield. The only one not to drop a deep ball? Brandon Lloyd (88 targets). 73. Over the past two seasons, with Josh McDaniels as his head coach or primary offensive coordinator, Lloyd was the most targeted receiver on throws deeper than 20 yards downfield, with 73 such targets . 74. Calvin Johnson was second with 64. 75. Lloyd has done this with Kyle Orton , Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford , A.J. Feeley and Kellen Clemens as his quarterbacks. 76. Lloyd's quarterback this year is Tom Brady. And his offensive coordinator is Josh McDaniels.       Soooooo, Brandon Lloyd has never dropped a ball over 21 yards in 83 targets? Sweet! This guy has hands....
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what this offense lacked last year.  As I said all season long, Brady was playing with his hands tied.  Yes, Gronk and Welker and Hernandez are all great receiving options, but they all play between the hash marks and in the shorter part of the field, so a large portion of the field wasn't being effectively used.  Add Lloyd (and also Gaffney) and this passing game is transformed.  Add more from the backs (both running and receiving) and you've got a frighteningly good offense.  I love what we're seeing.  I think the coaches did great last year to get as many points out of such a one-dimensional offense.  Now, though, they can challenge all parts of the field in multiple ways. As long as the O line stays together, they should be able to score absurd amounts of points . . . and, more important, maintain drives against the top defenses in the league.   O-line play will be critical, though--and there are some question marks there with all the injuries and retirements.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : This is exactly what this offense lacked last year.  As I said all season long, Brady was playing with his hands tied.  Yes, Gronk and Welker and Hernandez are all great receiving options, but they all play between the hash marks and in the shorter part of the field, so a large portion of the field wasn't being effectively used.  Add Lloyd (and also Gaffney) and this passing game is transformed.  Add more from the backs (both running and receiving) and you've got a frighteningly good offense.  I love what we're seeing.  I think the coaches did great last year to get as many points out of such a one-dimensional offense.  Now, though, they can challenge all parts of the field in multiple ways. As long as the O line stays together, they should be able to score absurd amounts of points . . . and, more important, maintain drives against the top defenses in the league.   O-line play will be critical, though--and there are some question marks there with all the injuries and retirements.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I understand your point of view and admit it is the consensus of many fans and media, but I don't agree. I just wouldn't say an offense that broke a 30 year record for passing yards "needed" much more of a passing game.

I would take it one step further by saying I don't think Brady can throw the deep ball as well as he could before the devastating knee injury. Yes Lloyd will help stretch the field and I'm sure they will take shots with him down field, but over all Brady is the best short to medium range passer this game has probably ever seen. The middle of the field and side lines with the occassional deep shot is where the majority of our passing offense should come.

Screens, check downs, FB receptions, 3rd TE receptions, and RB receptions need to increase in order for us to no longer be a one dimensional offense. We don't need to add more low % 50 yard bombs imo. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : I understand your point of view and admit it is the consensus of many fans and media, but I don't agree. I just wouldn't say an offense that broke a 30 year record for passing yards "needed" much more of a passing game.   I would take it one step further by saying I don't think Brady can throw the deep ball as well as he could before the devastating knee injury. Yes Lloyd will help stretch the field and I'm sure they will take shots with him down field, but over all Brady is the best short to medium range passer this game has probably ever seen. The middle of the field and side lines with the occassional deep shot is where the majority of our passing offense should come.   Screens, check downs, FB receptions, 3rd TE receptions, and RB receptions need to increase in order for us to no longer be a one dimensional offense. We don't need to add more low % 50 yard bombs imo. 
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Champ, I'm not sure we need a lot of 50-yard bombs, but I do think we need to use the sidelines better and have some guys who can win battles downfield against corners and safeties.  Last year's team relied far too much on the TEs winning battles in close and Welker finding space in the underneath zones.  We need to make the corners and safeties scared of what could happen behind them or to the outside, so they can't focus on the middle part of the field.  Honestly, that will help the short game you are looking for too, because it won't be as safe for defenders to come up and crowd the LOS. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lloyd (and other camp reviews) looks like a stud makng catches no matter where the qbs throw the ball, on the money, too high, wrong side, too lowe. : Champ, I'm not sure we need a lot of 50-yard bombs, but I do think we need to use the sidelines better and have some guys who can win battles downfield against corners and safeties.  Last year's team relied far too much on the TEs winning battles in close and Welker finding space in the underneath zones.  We need to make the corners and safeties scared of what could happen behind them or to the outside, so they can't focus on the middle part of the field.  Honestly, that will help the short game you are looking for too, because it won't be as safe for defenders to come up and crowd the LOS. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

" We need to make the corners and safeties scared of what could happen behind them or to the outside, so they can't focus on the middle part of the field.  Honestly, that will help the short game you are looking for too, because it won't be as safe for defenders to come up and crowd the LOS. "

agreed i wrote that all last year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]I'm telling you, Hightower is the going to be our best LB. He's going to push Mayo and Spikes to be that much better.  Mayo, Spikes and Hightower...Snap, crackle and POP!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Ya, Hightower and Spikes will be trying to out thump eachother throughout the year.  It's going to be fun.

25. This post has been removed.