LLOYD in OCHO out???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

LLOYD in OCHO out???

I know its an espn rumor but if pats do grab Lloyd does that mean its the end for Ocho?? Do you think it will happen??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???

I think there is no chance for a laundry list of reasons that have been covered in the other Lloyd thread. If it were to happen it would likely spell the end for Ocho or Edelman but you never know. While we're at it there is a Eddie Royal trade possibility on PFT, I also think it won't happen.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If ESPN reports it, it must be true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Chris Mortensen 
    Patriots' interest in Brandon Lloyd hit a wall on contract but makes sense - any Denver WR knows NE concepts from time w Josh McDaniels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yes teams that give up draft picks for flashy wide receivers always go far in the playoffs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just an observation from afar but I think Ochocinco and Brady have started to jell however I also think they are sandbagging everyone into believing there's no chemistry! This could be one of BB's classic moves to lull everyone into believing that Ocho was a bad signing until the playoffs when Ocho becomes a prime target!!! Nothing like a whole season of 2 catch games to fool an opponent with as far as absolutely no game film to watch on him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???:
    mortreport   Chris Mortensen   Patriots' interest in Brandon Lloyd hit a wall on contract but makes sense - any Denver WR knows NE concepts from time w Josh McDaniels.
    Posted by Rocky

McDaniels was OC of the Pats two years ago when the whole offense centered around Brady/Moss. The offense has changed ( for the better ) a long way from his concept. Ther whole comment is meaningless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As far as our receiver list goes here's what I got:

#1 Welker
    #2 Hern/Gronk (dependent on play call)
    #3 Branch
    #4 RB
    #5 Ocho
    #6 Slater

Lloyd would be moved into the #3 spot imo (he's not going to be more of a target over Welker and given the effectiveness of our 2 TE sets when both Hern and Gronk are healthy he wouldn't get more looks then that combo).

Given that would Lloyd as a 1 yr rental give you more then Branch?

Considering the more balanced attack seems like the best approach what more can Llyod give you? Boast the offense from />30+ every game to >33+ every game? Our O isn't the problem it's the D. Why trade a pick to fix something that isn't broke, makes no sense. It's just a rumor and the Pats doing homework nothing more imo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Ocho doesn't have a big game today I can see him getting jettisoned

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

Why, other then his tweeter explosion what has he done to warrant being dumped?

If news came out that he's hurting the locker room then I'd dump him right away but he's not begging Brady to get him balls from what I can see and he's already gotten all his guarantied money. For this year and the next couple he won't get more then 2 mil in salary including bonuses. That's #3-4 WR money and that's what he's being used as right now. We'll have to pay Welker next year some big money having a low cost #3-4 WR that can make those great sideline catches 2-4 times a game for first downs is extremely valuable. Much more so then Lloyd who is looking for #1 WR money after this season

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

If he continues to catch all the balls thrown to him and does his job blocking he'll be on the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ocho, the new Meriweather...-_-

I really hate some of you sometimes...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Ocho, the new Meriweather...-_- I really hate some of you sometimes...
    Posted by 49Patriots

That would be my nomination for the dumbazz comparison of the week award.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : That would be my nomination for the dumbazz comparison of the week award.
    Posted by Evil2012

You do know I mean that Ocho is the new scapegoat for the team's woe's, right? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : You do know I mean that Ocho is the new scapegoat for the team's woe's, right? 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Sorry 49, I'm with Evil. Though Ocho has been the scapegoat Meri was an actually cause of the defensive secondary woes. Being the scapegoat and being part of the actual cause are 2 different things

What I mean is that there was a legitimate reasoning behind how Meri affected the secondary in a negative way while Ocho hasn't had an affect neither positive or negative on the receiving core.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : You do know I mean that Ocho is the new scapegoat for the team's woe's, right? 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I got it. Others however would consider that statement a truth. For them it's a dumbazz comparison.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Why do people want to yet again bring in another new WR when Ocho is clearly progressing every week? I don't get the logic. If he wasn't progressing, I would agree that rolling the dice at the right price for a veteran would be in the discussion.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I have to agree with the King here. Ocho is progressing and there is no need at this point to bring in a reciever. There are reasons to try and bring in a safety but not WR. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? :  McDaniels was OC of the Pats two years ago when the whole offense centered around Brady/Moss. The offense has changed ( for the better ) a long way from his concept. Ther whole comment is meaningless.
    Posted by Evil2012

The type of reads the WRs have to do are the same. I don't see much of a difference other than the play calling. That's why Branch was able to come back and fit right in so quickly he knew the system. The offense has Brady's fingerprint on it, and he has quite a lot of say and suggestions into how it's run. You don't actually think it was all Josh McDaniels do you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

neither positive or negative on the receiving core

A good way to put it.

As for the defense and the secondary...I'm just looking for week to week improvement. You can't discount the effect the almost nonexistant training camp had had on developing a defense that has changed from last season as much as ours has.

I also wouldn't discount the lockout's effect on Ocho's developement. The Brady offensive playbook is one of the most complex in the NFL. Getting it late followed by a short training camp doesn't help.

Once again improvement is what I'm looking for.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We must get all-pros at every position. Backups too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : Sorry 49, I'm with Evil. Though Ocho has been the scapegoat Meri was an actually cause of the defensive secondary woes. Being the scapegoat and being part of the actual cause are 2 different things What I mean is that there was a legitimate reasoning behind how Meri affected the secondary in a negative way while Ocho hasn't had an affect neither positive or negative on the receiving core.
    Posted by PatsEng

Considering how much worse the secondary has looked without him, I wouldn't say that comment would stand up under much scrutiny.

Sections
Shortcuts