LLOYD in OCHO out???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???

Could be a reality!

The Denver Post reports that the 49ers "appear to be showing the strongest interest" in trading for Brandon Lloyd.

The Patriots and Rams are "also in discussions." Talks will "intensify" late Sunday, and the Broncos are trying to move him before Monday's practice begins. They're still targeting a "mid-round draft pick." Lloyd is familiar with the basic concepts of New England's offense because of his background with McDaniels, who is now the coordinator in St. Louis. Lloyd's best landing spot in terms of fantasy value would likely be with the Rams, where he'd immediately take over as the No. 1 receiver. The 49ers would be a worst-case scenario.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???:
    I wish all the wanna be gm's here would get a life.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

So what do you think about Ocho??? Do you think the pats should make a trade or get T Price out there to see what he can do???

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Welker false started, Hernandez fumbled (again) and dropped an easy catch. Trade them both. How about we just run the ball in the first half like we did in Oakland and last week? I love how people want balls forced to Ocho when we don't even establish and continue to run. Ugh.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Welker and Hernandez attributed many more positives to make up for the negative play each one made. 

Ocho is beginning to just flat out embarrass himself.  It's getting ruff on me because I'm starting to get that feeling of feeling embarrassed for someone else every time he messes up a play.  And I don't like to feel awkward when I watch the Pats on Sundays.  

I think the over all experience will add a little humility to his overly sure attitude about everything in life (we all agree it's harmless and cute but this is football at the PHD level).  The Patriots have a way of humbling people so that they become better people in that way, even after they are told to hit the road.  

And I also think Brady's getting sick of having to patronize Ocho on the sidelines during games.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

You state one side of the argument only-RWTK-Welker and Hernandez had those two infractions but I believe their total output in catches and yards the past six games greatly compensates for a few mistakes! Where is OUCHOs input-listen I like the guy also but at some point the production has to be there and don't give me that in time crap-he's been with the team for 3 months!!! BB will cut his losses and possibly during the break just MHO. In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???:
    Welker false started, Hernandez fumbled (again) and dropped an easy catch. Trade them both. How about we just run the ball in the first half like we did in Oakland and last week? I love how people want balls forced to Ocho when we don't even establish and continue to run. Ugh.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Totally agree-see above post!In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???:
    Ocho is a liability taking up a valuable roster spot... that's all I have to say on that.
    Posted by wozzy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Even the real GMs make some pretty bad moves and one in particular, Matt Millen was horrific! I get a chuckle when people on this board question every post-did you ever think that their might be some intelligent people posting?In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???:
    I wish all the wanna be gm's here would get a life.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Seems to me that if they don't like Ocho they could simply not play him. They have Edelman, Slater and Price sitting on the bench doing less than Ocho. I can't see any benefit in cutting him, they would have that empty roster spot, but empty roster spots don't usually make too many catches either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Just an observation from afar but I think Ochocinco and Brady have started to jell however I also think they are sandbagging everyone into believing there's no chemistry! This could be one of BB's classic moves to lull everyone into believing that Ocho was a bad signing until the playoffs when Ocho becomes a prime target!!! Nothing like a whole season of 2 catch games to fool an opponent with as far as absolutely no game film to watch on him.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

BB is this smart, but I don't think BB would have orchestrated CO to drop a potentially winning TD pass in that Bills game we lost.
    Sadly, I think CO and Haynesworth have done the opposite of what most other players do when they come to NE .... get BETTER!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

dotn know about lloyd but,
       with no real threat outside the numbers it may get tighter and tighter on welker and gronk/hern. particularly in the playoffs. (the more tom will have to throw lasers on every pass-too fine)

little concern for the playoffs.
    unless they start playing price and he is consistently a threat outside the #'s by the end of the year.
     i feel on offense we really need a legit consistent outside the #s threat (so a good d in the playoffs cant shut us down).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I didn't see the point but at this stage Ocho can't even get on the field and is arguably worse than Tate was which I deemed impossible o_o. For a 5th or something. Why not. It's renting a guy to win now unless he is really productive. Anyone talking Jared Allen..have you seen his contract LOL?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

If it makes the team actually better on the field, they are willing to swallow some cash loss, and they do not have to trade a high draft choice, I say do it. And if they do, whose to say they cut Ocho? Edleman could go just as easily, he's in his "doing nothing" perpetual situation. Slater?...good on ST's, but he fumbled yesterday and you know BB would say "he's not doing his job"...they could go in a number of different directions, it doesn't have to be bye-bye Ocho...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

They better not trade for another WR. WE HAVE 4 ALREADY NOT BEING USED.

They better trade for a defensive player if anything, but please, Tom has enough help. Our defense is getting better, but we can always use help there. 

If it aint a safety or linebacker, im good!

Forget about Lloyd. Whats he gonna do hear after 2 weeks practice??

Is he that much smarter than Ocho??
    Have we given up on Price already or labeled him a bust???

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hate to bring this up because it's going to add fuel to the fire but apparently the Pats had a deal done for Lloyd and it feel apart because they weren't willing to pay Lloyd the contract extension he wanted.

Now, the hidden trap to it is that the report was that the Pats offered not a 4th but a late pick next year or to swap their 4th for Den's 5th (which is essentially a 7th round difference). So the value would have been huge at that point.

With Welkers contract up what does that say that they weren't willing to pay Lloyd? Maybe they wanted him but only on their terms and if they couldn't get it then apparently he isn't as important to them as some on here think he would be?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow, that is dissapointing to me.  On one hand, Bill may have always liked him and is just trying to improve the team, but if no ext. it must just be a one year fix.

Im dissapointed because I think this speaks to the progression or lack their of in Prices development.

I dont want to see another bust at WR and frankly he shouldnt be cuz he has talent. I wonder if the system is too much for him. We already see Ocho struggling to grasp it. Why waste a pic for a one year player who also may not pick up the defense this year???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jason La Canfora
    Brandon Lloyd is being dealt to the Rams. More to come on NFL.com and NFL Network

No more talk of Lloyd now, please!

Time to start the Moss talk again!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Lloyd would be nasty in a no back field spread, him and branch would let Gronk.Hernandez and Welker wreak havoc running deeper croosings in the middle because you got to respect that kind of deep speed with Brady shooting the gun. These things rarely happen in the NFL but hey its the bye week.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed they need to take care of WW $ first.  Do they really need Lloyd?  The guy has had like 1 great year and a few decent ones.  Seems like he'd be a good pickup but does he come in here from day 1 and supplant anyone?  I don't think so.  The Pats' alleged interest must say something about Chad Johnson and Taylor Price though.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts