Lloyd Making it Look Easy (LOL)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Lloyd Making it Look Easy (LOL)

(Don't know how to put a pic in post)

http://i.imgur.com/FaEHZ.jpg

Look at the smile

Possibly from this catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000067543/Brandon-Lloyd-TD-catch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Lloyd Making it Look Easy (LOL)

He is dropping too many passes even as he makes some amazing catches. He needs to stop dropping the easier ones.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That's freaking awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/FaEHZ.jpg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know one thing. That dude S.Gilmore is the real dea. He had Lloyd on lock all day and he is a rookie, albiet a good one. So lets keep it all in perspestive with him. Gilmore also broke up the TD play to Gronk and was all over the field.

I noticed that the Pats tried to move Lloyd to the other side and he still didnt make any plays. That high fast ball from Brady should have been caught at his went through his hands, but he makes a fantastic leaping grab in the endZone!??!  hard guy to figure out, but he needs to be more physical IMO, but he is much better than Chad and WILL help this team.

I know everyone noticed how pumped Brady was to connect w/him even in garbage time..

[/QUOTE]

No question about it, the kid has "shutdown" written all over him. Has the chance to be better than Revis in a couple of years if he progresses. Lloyd didn't "drop" any balls yesterday; Gilmore was getting a hand on those balls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's something I noticed:

Brady throws at least 5 "comeback" routes to him every game, regardless of coverage. At times, they seem forced. Lloyd is very good at that route, and Brady usually delivers it where only Lloyd can make a play, if anyone.

It reminds me of the WR/bubble screen the Pats brought back to the NFL in 01. THey pounded it all year...and I was waiting, just waiting. And finally, in the playoffs, it happened:

Pats ran that look with the WR taking one step, then coming back for a screen, and the CB jumped all over it, I mean the guy was 5 yards into the backfield, drooling over the prospect of a pick 6 going 90 yards the other way. Only problem was Brady kept the ball, and the WR (Patten I think) was standing in the endzone with no defender within 25 feet.

Watch later in the season when the Pats really need a big play/score, and some poor sucker CB gets pulled into jumping all over the comeback...and Lloyd then puts the second move out there and leaves the guy in the dust.

They are puting a LOT of comebacks on film. Some overzealous CB is going to get burned BAD, mark my words.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's something I noticed:

Brady throws at least 5 "comeback" routes to him every game, regardless of coverage. At times, they seem forced. Lloyd is very good at that route, and Brady usually delivers it where only Lloyd can make a play, if anyone.

It reminds me of the WR/bubble screen the Pats brought back to the NFL in 01. THey pounded it all year...and I was waiting, just waiting. And finally, in the playoffs, it happened:

Pats ran that look with the WR taking one step, then coming back for a screen, and the CB jumped all over it, I mean the guy was 5 yards into the backfield, drooling over the prospect of a pick 6 going 90 yards the other way. Only problem was Brady kept the ball, and the WR (Patten I think) was standing in the endzone with no defender within 25 feet.

Watch later in the season when the Pats really need a big play/score, and some poor sucker CB gets pulled into jumping all over the comeback...and Lloyd then puts the second move out there and leaves the guy in the dust.

They are puting a LOT of comebacks on film. Some overzealous CB is going to get burned BAD, mark my words.

[/QUOTE]

That is how football is done M6. Establish tendencies on specific downs with specific sets an d specific route looks, then break em once the other team is coached up well. Good post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey Cam Newton, this is how Superman is done!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he's doing a pretty good job and honestly he has helped the offense use more of the field than last year...weather he's catching it or not. He definitely doesn't have great speed, but he's got so many crafty ways to get open - I love the way he varies his speed and gets past a corner. Pretty cool for a guy that has never run better than a 4.6 forty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Cam Newton, this is how Superman is done!

[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for this TFB12

Sections
Shortcuts