Lloyd's YAC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

Lloyd's YAC

Cant believe they would even consider continuing with this guy.  I couldn't care less about his personality issues.  What I care about is the fact that he went to his knees prior to catching anything that wasn't designed to be a sideline catch.  I couldn't find the stats for 2012, but he had to be among the worst in yards after catch.  Not even a thought in his mind to consider getting downfield for extra yardage and actually getting hit.  No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has those stats would love to see them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Lloyd's YAC

Yeah people complaining about this are dumb.  Lloyd's career YAC is 2.7.  His YAC this past season was 2.6 which is in line with his career average.  Lloyd has never been a big YAC guy.  Why would you expect anything to change that much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I thought Lloyd was great at catching and protecting the ball.....wasn't alot of opening there for him to take off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

People who expected Lloyd to have a Moss impact are naive.

Lloyd pretty much did what was expected of him. As a 3rd/4th option in the offense, 900 yards is pretty good.

Those were expecting a physical receiver clearly didn't watch his him play at all before coming to New England.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to cujo23's comment:

Cant believe they would even consider continuing with this guy.  I couldn't care less about his personality issues.  What I care about is the fact that he went to his knees prior to catching anything that wasn't designed to be a sideline catch.  I couldn't find the stats for 2012, but he had to be among the worst in yards after catch.  Not even a thought in his mind to consider getting downfield for extra yardage and actually getting hit.  No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if he spent less time diving for balls that weren't well thrown past 10 yards, he'd have a better YAC?  Also, comparing Welker's YAC to Lloyd's is ridiculous. Welker is arguably the best in the league because his routes are shorter and his footwork is good.

This never bothered anyone with Troy Brown or Deion Branch when they wisely went down and protected the ball during the SB years, moving the sticks on a slow methodical drive.

How many drops did Wes have this year? Hmm?

Why don't you post that for us.

you actually made me read my post again as you so strongly implied that I was comparing him to Welker.....Nope no mention of that so have no clue where your comments came from.  My first wife used to do that.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The only reason I'd get rid of Lloyd is if he truly is a head case...that's it. I thought he was reasonably solid - no spetacular - but good enough. I do think they can find someone better, with less headaches, but that is a risk. Honestly is it even worth cutting him with the mental problems he suppossedly has? It's not like he's out there punching cops in the face or getting nailed for drugs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Maybe if he spent less time diving for balls that weren't well thrown past 10 yards, he'd have a better YAC?  Also, comparing Welker's YAC to Lloyd's is ridiculous. Welker is arguably the best in the league because his routes are shorter and his footwork is good.

This never bothered anyone with Troy Brown or Deion Branch when they wisely went down and protected the ball during the SB years, moving the sticks on a slow methodical drive.

you actually made me read my post again as you so strongly implied that I was comparing him to Welker.....Nope no mention of that so have no clue where your comments came from.  My first wife used to do that.....

Well, read everyone else's comments then.  PCMIV said it best. His career YAC is 2.7. Last year, 2.6.

What Lloyd is known for is having a good arm radius, route running, consistency, sideline and footwork, and making some spectacular catches at times. I brought up Welker because he's literally the best TAC guy in the NFL and you're comparing applaes and oranges with skill sets. And, I could easily nitpick Wes talking about him being almost useless in the red zone and having a lot of drops. That's why I brought it up.

Nitpicking this aspect (YAC with Lloyd), which is what Pezzy is doing here to deflect from Brady's poor postseason play and Brady being victimimed by that meanie GM, Bill Belichick, is sort of dumb.  

In fact, your thread proves my point that people will scour for the new guy to scapegoat when Brady doesn't play well in the postseason. Ocho wasn't a good fit here, but people looking to nitpick on Lloyd now is only furthering my premise about the scapegoating problem here at WR.

Not all targets for Brady feature all the tools at a 10 bell level. It's like complaining that Wade Boggs wasn't fast.  5 tool baseball players are are.  Not everyone is Willie Mays.

Same deal here.  Besides, our offense is so predictable at times, D's only fear for true YAC situations are to the big 3 targets of Wes, Hern and Gronk, all over the middle targets, It's not a coincidence.

All I care bout is ball contronl, no turnovers, moving the sticks and then hitting in the red zone when possible. 

And I hope you aren't implying you murdered your wife on the Pats board, to rid your life of sensible comments. lol

Has nothing to do with the post season, dopey.  RS, TAC stats stink because  he is a wimpo. 160 all year. PFFT

Nothinjg to do with your obsession with TB either.  Drops the easy ones and grand stands to make them look harder than they are and immediately hits the turf or the sidelines where the big bad boggie man can't touch him.   Done this his whole career, Good riddance!

WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The only reason I'd get rid of Lloyd is if he truly is a head case...that's it. I thought he was reasonably solid - no spetacular - but good enough. I do think they can find someone better, with less headaches, but that is a risk. Honestly is it even worth cutting him with the mental problems he suppossedly has? It's not like he's out there punching cops in the face or getting nailed for drugs.

Why not just keep him through camp and then if they deem a couple of flankers better, then cut him? What's with this rush to cut 75 receptions from the weak side of the field, the side that probably should be targeted earlier in games anyway?

This is just a slow time of year, so Bedard is creeping around looking to stir the pot.  I don't believe that the team thought it was a huge deal either.  McDaniels was very familiar with his quirky behavior. 

It's distractions from the winning aspect and the effort tied to production that should matter.

Agree. We have something like 28 million in cap space, we can afford him. The thing is he is due a roster bonus and cutting him would save the team quite a bit - we are not one of these teams that need to do this - yet if there was a better option I'd go for it. I just don't know there is at his reasonable price - Lloyd may be one of the better value signings we've had recently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

After hearing the Patriots might release him, Brandon Lloyd..... Fell to the ground!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Maybe if he finished running his routes Brady would have had more confidence in him. I personally thought Lloyd fell out of favor with Brady early in the season.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

Well, read everyone else's comments then.  PCMIV said it best. His career YAC is 2.7. Last year, 2.6.

What Lloyd is known for is having a good arm radius, route running, consistency, sideline and footwork, and making some spectacular catches at times. I brought up Welker because he's literally the best TAC guy in the NFL and you're comparing applaes and oranges with skill sets. And, I could easily nitpick Wes talking about him being almost useless in the red zone and having a lot of drops. That's why I brought it up.

Nitpicking this aspect (YAC with Lloyd), which is what Pezzy is doing here to deflect from Brady's poor postseason play and Brady being victimimed by that meanie GM, Bill Belichick, is sort of dumb.  

In fact, your thread proves my point that people will scour for the new guy to scapegoat when Brady doesn't play well in the postseason. Ocho wasn't a good fit here, but people looking to nitpick on Lloyd now is only furthering my premise about the scapegoating problem here at WR.

Not all targets for Brady feature all the tools at a 10 bell level. It's like complaining that Wade Boggs wasn't fast.  5 tool baseball players are are.  Not everyone is Willie Mays.

Same deal here.  Besides, our offense is so predictable at times, D's only fear for true YAC situations are to the big 3 targets of Wes, Hern and Gronk, all over the middle targets, It's not a coincidence.

All I care bout is ball contronl, no turnovers, moving the sticks and then hitting in the red zone when possible. 

And I hope you aren't implying you murdered your wife on the Pats board, to rid your life of sensible comments. lol

nope, she's still here.  All yours if interested.  I think her Yac is even better than Lloyd's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i guess people think 75 catch receivers grow on trees. was lloyd great? no, but he was a solid 2nd option and i wouldnt mind seeing him back. it was his first year in the system and he had a pretty big impact already.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He runs lots of outs, curls and is great catching the ball on sideline routes. And as others point out, his YAC has never been that great so they knew what they were getting.  He goes down to protect his body, so what?  He is almost like a possession-type receiver in that he gets to the marker and moves the chains.  Not sure how his number of targets/receptions stacks up league-wide, but this team could do a lot worse than Lloyd.  And I think his rapport with Brady would almost have to get better by default in Yr. 2.  Unless he is an absolute toss and is killing the clubhouse, I think the Pats would be crazy to blow up the WR position and start from scratch. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i guess people think 75 catch receivers grow on trees. was lloyd great? no, but he was a solid 2nd option and i wouldnt mind seeing him back. it was his first year in the system and he had a pretty big impact already.

Good post

No idea about the 'head' issues, but in terms of production ... I just don't know what people expect. You have one WR getting 118 catches, the tight ends combining for 110 catches, the running backs coming in with 50. Just how many times do you want TB throwing the ball?!!! Everybody also wants a killer rushing attack (and we certainly improved on that last season, but ...) so what exactly does everybody want? 75 catches and 900 yds is pretty impressive for a WR who was often designated as the second or third option on a each play. And I don't remember many times where I thought he was missing out on available YAC. The routes he was running for the most part were not designed for YAC unlike the quick hits to the TE, RB, and slot. 

I do think the team could use a real speed WR to stretch the field but I am not expecting any WR to put up incredible numbers in this offense - with the TEs and slot receiver the chances on the outside are just not that numerous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

75 catches and over 900 yards, that is pretty good pruduction and very good numbers to build on after only 1 season.  Would I like to see a mid to deep threat receiver take his place, of course but there aren't too many 75/900 receivers out there available at the moment.  This will be very interesting to see what happens here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I honestly don't mind seeing a guy go down to protect the ball after making the first down. Branch  has always done the same. Even though Hernandez picks up chunks of yards after the catch I get a little nervous when he's holding the ball out there with one hand while defenders are coming up behind him. I'll take a guy with good hands that picks up the first down over a guy who has a high  YAC but prone to drops and fumbles. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The problem people have with Lloyd is really a problem that they have with the recieving corps. They had two recievers healthy for the AFC championship. That is very bad. They need some one over 6' tall that cam get down field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Why not just keep him through camp and then if they deem a couple of flankers better, then cut him? What's with this rush to cut 75 receptions from the weak side of the field, the side that probably should be targeted earlier in games anyway?

This is just a slow time of year, so Bedard is creeping around looking to stir the pot.  I don't believe that the team thought it was a huge deal either.  McDaniels was very familiar with his quirky behavior. 

It's distractions from the winning aspect and the effort tied to production that should matter.

Back to the creepy avatar I see....

Lloyd is due a $3 million bonus if he is on the roster March 12. If the Pats cut him prior, they don't owe him he money. Hence the Aston to make the decision sooner rather than later.