Llyod wants to be a Pat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Llyod wants to be a Pat

Free agent Brandon Lloyd confirmed he's "very interested" in joining the Patriots and that winning is "highest priority."

Lloyd reiterated his desire to team up with Josh McDaniels to take advantage of the coordinator's offensive "creativity." An admirer of Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichik, Lloyd believes any receiver would be "excited" to be considered in New England because of their history of success. CSN New England's Tom Curran believes the "smart money" is on the Pats making a play for Lloyd. - rotoworld

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat

He would be a great fit. Hopefully he comes relatively cheap too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I agree sir. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Best WR available in terms of value and we all know BB loves value.

The biggest question when it comes to WR's we pick up, how they will handle the offense, is already answered. Lloyd THRIVED under McDaniels. If Lloyd isn't a Patriot next season, I will be extremely surprised. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

All comes down to money and years though. I bet we see a two year, or three year deal....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

First we have to let Ocho go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think they keep Ocho though. I wanna be a donkey and say the superbowl goes different if they let him play. 

But Getzo, the Pats O is complicated!!!!!!! Well tell the freaking guy to run a go route , post, out and slant route NO adjustments....... stick to the damn script.   That's right, I said it...  He was the only WR that looked fluid out there besides Welker, I'm sorry but that's what I saw on the two freaking plays he was in for.  I say the Pats are just as responsible as Ocho was for his crapy year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

trade rumor

How about trading Brady to the 49ers for a number 1 and 2. Manning signs with Pats, plus whatever wide receiver he brings. Then with the draft go defense plus a center. Free agents, sign another wide receiver and offensive lineman and running back. Its all about winning and getting another ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: trade rumor

In Response to trade rumor:
    [QUOTE]How about trading Brady to the 49ers for a number 1 and 2. Manning signs with Pats, plus whatever wide receiver he brings. Then with the draft go defense plus a center. Free agents, sign another wide receiver and offensive lineman and running back. Its all about winning and getting another ring.
    Posted by funinCA[/QUOTE]

It would never in a million years happen. Why would the patriots give up the best player in the NFL for a guy that in one hit could be done for his career. And why would the 49ers give those picks up when they could just sign Manning for a lot less then Brady. Is it really that hard to have a normal football conversation on this site without being unrealistic. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]How about trading Brady to the 49ers for a number 1 and 2. Manning signs with Pats, plus whatever wide receiver he brings. Then with the draft go defense plus a center. Free agents, sign another wide receiver and offensive lineman and running back. Its all about winning and getting another ring.

Brady isn't going to the 9ers and the 9ers will drop off next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Brady is only worth a 1 and a 2?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This is the most likely WR to be brought in but I still think there is a possibility the Patriots bring Wallace in.  It just makes sense to improve your team while taking a huge bite out of one of your two main competiotors for the AFC title year in and year out.

I also heard on NFL network that it isn't impossible to have the Patriots bring Wallace and Lloyd in and trade Welker for Draft picks. I could see it happen considering Hernandez is a perfect slot receiver and Edleman is a good slot WR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat:
    [QUOTE]What I'd like to see from Ocho is a little more confidence.  Tell them how he wants to run his routes, make them call it that way, and then go out and make the plays.  I think this is also the problem with the WR's we've drafted over the past 8 years.  No killer instinct in their personality.  I know Ocho has that, and he shouldn't allow them to marginalize it.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]
    I agree they should be more decisive with Ocho, he runs his routes with good suddenness but half the time you can tell he's not 100% on whatever adjustment is taking place...hopefully a full offseason will remedy that, but after 20+weeks of practice this last season, there wasn't much to show.  Excited about the potential Lloyd brings though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]This is the most likely WR to be brought in but I still think there is a possibility the Patriots bring Wallace in.  It just makes sense to improve your team while taking a huge bite out of one of your two main competiotors for the AFC title year in and year out. I also heard on NFL network that it isn't impossible to have the Patriots bring Wallace and Lloyd in and trade Welker for Draft picks. I could see it happen considering Hernandez is a perfect slot receiver and Edleman is a good slot WR.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing earlier but I dont think the Pats will give up a first for Wallace.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'd love to see the Pats bring in Lloyd & go get Meachem as well....Pats would be set at WR & they could draft a rookie early next year to develop....use our 1st 3 picks on D & if we are really lucky get Mario Williams in FA as well....if they did that & can't get Welker to do a 3 year team friendly deal I say trade him for a first rounder or a 2nd, 3rd & 5th & develop Edelman on the cheap in the slot...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat : I was thinking the same thing earlier but I dont think the Pats will give up a first for Wallace.
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

Nobody thought they'd give up a 2nd for Welker either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bring on Lloyd....it was great to hear his pro-Pats comments. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i dont know a lot about lloyd- i realize that he was very productive with mcdaniels. my question is can this guy get open

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The decision on Welker was made when they tagged him. Lloyd is a fait accompli as he is part of the McDaniels deal and don't be surprised if he brings in either Fells or Bejama as a third TE. As for the bigger fish like Wallace or VJax well that would be fun too watch but realistically does anyone think the Patriots will take the plunge on either of those two guys???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

don't know much about lloyd, at 6', 188 lbs - is he a deep threat, work the sidelines, is he physical (can he outmuscle and outleap defenders), is a slot kind of guy?

The patriots either need a very physical guy who can work the sidelines and is a deep threat OR they need someone to replace welker in the slot (if the patriots trade welker or something)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]The decision on Welker was made when they tagged him. Lloyd is a fait accompli as he is part of the McDaniels deal and don't be surprised if he brings in either Fells or Bejama as a third TE. As for the bigger fish like Wallace or VJax well that would be fun too watch but realistically does anyone think the Patriots will take the plunge on either of those two guys???
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

You could but it would be to much money. Robinson had a better last 10 weeks then either of these guys and he would be half the money. I really think everyone is over looking how good of a year Robinson had and the Pats would still have the money to go after a guy like Brandon Carr or Cortland Finnegan. But if they sign V-Jax or Wallace they have no where else to spend money. And to be honest the defense needs it more.

And yes Lloyd is a deep threat, not because of his burner speed but because of his moves. Llyod really can work the sidelines and isn't afraid to go over the middle. McDaniels knew how to use him and mover him around to get open. 

Pus whoever said the Pats would get all these WR and Mario Williams that will never happen. BB wont strap this team financially and put their backs against the wall like what's happening in Oakland and Pitt. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Nobody thought they'd give up a 2nd for Welker either.

Don't for get the "I'm sorry for the poison pill" 7th rounder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody thought they'd give up a 2nd for Welker either. Don't for get the "I'm sorry for the poison pill" 7th rounder.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Big difference in 1st and second round picks. And Welker didn;t come with the giant contract like Wallace will. Big difference

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]don't know much about lloyd, at 6', 188 lbs - is he a deep threat, work the sidelines, is he physical (can he outmuscle and outleap defenders), is a slot kind of guy? The patriots either need a very physical guy who can work the sidelines and is a deep threat OR they need someone to replace welker in the slot (if the patriots trade welker or something)
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

From what I read, Lloyd's game is vertical. I like the idea of signing him cheap, and Moss cheap. Forget about Wallace. That would be a sucker deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Wallace is a great WR....I just don't see Bill giving up a #1 pick AND a huge contract for him when Brady & the system can make any decent receiver look good...I mean if you add 2 guys like Lloyd & Meachem on the outside for probably less than what it would cost to add Wallace & still be able to keep the 1st round pick why not go that route....use the picks on D or trade into next year to get more pics....MAYBE even trade Welker for picks & develope a younger Edelman in the slot....he's decent enough & wouldn't be a huge drop off...he'd also save a TON in cap space for the Pats....

Sections
Shortcuts