Llyod wants to be a Pat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat

In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat : Nobody thought they'd give up a 2nd for Welker either.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
      Excellent point.  Welker had only shown glimpses to that point, and Wallace is the best deep threat in the league sans Megatron and Larry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Lloyd sounded like he most definitely wants to be a Patriot on ESPN First Take today, he even said he could help Ocho out with the offense and would LOVE to play for BB/Brady and of course, McDaniels.

Love it, can't wait to watch this guy in a Pats uni next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Lloyd is ok, and he is cost effective. He really only had one great season though, so it's not like he is an elite game changer. That might be all that NE needs. His attitude about coming here sounds good too. 

A play for Wallace would be something entirely different. The kid has legitimate game-changing skills, and is a consistent threat to put six points on the board. 

Yeah, he would cost, but he would be huge here.

I still agree with others, that I don't see a talent gulf separating Lloyd and Meachem. The big difference between them is that the buzz has been louder around Lloyd ... and not usually for the best reasons. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Wallace is a great WR....I just don't see Bill giving up a #1 pick AND a huge contract for him when Brady & the system can make any decent receiver look good...I mean if you add 2 guys like Lloyd & Meachem on the outside for probably less than what it would cost to add Wallace & still be able to keep the 1st round pick why not go that route....use the picks on D or trade into next year to get more pics....MAYBE even trade Welker for picks & develope a younger Edelman in the slot....he's decent enough & wouldn't be a huge drop off...he'd also save a TON in cap space for the Pats....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is a lot to ask for one player ... if it didn't work, that would be a big mistake. 

And as we all know BB looks for value ... the first round tender on Wallace edges him out of that category. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]don't know much about lloyd, at 6', 188 lbs - is he a deep threat, work the sidelines, is he physical (can he outmuscle and outleap defenders), is a slot kind of guy? The patriots either need a very physical guy who can work the sidelines and is a deep threat OR they need someone to replace welker in the slot (if the patriots trade welker or something)
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

They need a guy on the outside who isn't average and below average like last year in Branch and Ocho. That's what really matters. He also knows the system which is very important. The guy your describing is an elite ouside WR which don't grow on trees and can be afforded unless they move Welker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Llyod after he had that huge year with the Broncos talked about how good he thought Tom was and how he was the best QB in the NFL.

Its almost like a bargain pitch too. He hasn't had that type of success in anyone elses offense and McDaniels LOVES him. I don't know if Bill does but after the production he put up in our offense you gotta think Bill will throw him a deal even if Condon is his agent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Take today, he even said he could help Ocho out with the offense and would LOVE to play for BB/Brady and of course, McDaniels

Wonder how Chad feels about that? If some new guy came to work with me saying he was going to help me learn some software package I wouldnt be happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd is ok, and he is cost effective. He really only had one great season though, so it's not like he is an elite game changer. That might be all that NE needs. His attitude about coming here sounds good too.  A play for Wallace would be something entirely different. The kid has legitimate game-changing skills, and is a consistent threat to put six points on the board.  Yeah, he would cost, but he would be huge here. I still agree with others, that I don't see a talent gulf separating Lloyd and Meachem. The big difference between them is that the buzz has been louder around Lloyd ... and not usually for the best reasons. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Pats need an upgrade from average / medicore to above average on the outside. They don't need a superstar. The fact they he knows the system is extremely important and increases his value over any guy in the same price range. He will have minimal learning curve an the Pats fail left and right at getting guys to grasp the system unless it's hall of fame bound players like Moss.

Here's LLoyd on the Herd today talking about the Pats

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7665578

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat : Pats need an upgrade from average / medicore to above average on the outside. They don't need a superstar. The fact they he knows the system is extremely important and increases his value over any guy in the same price range. He will have minimal learning curve an the Pats fail left and right at getting guys to grasp the system unless it's hall of fame bound players like Moss. Here's LLoyd on the Herd today talking about the Pats http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7665578
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I agree with that sentiment Tompenny.

They really don't need another superstar ... just someone credible who can get open and make opponents pay for bringing their safety to the line to beat up their TE and smother their RBs. I also think Lloyd fits that bill, and unlike anyone not named Moss, we know he can handle the kind of on-the-fly adjustments this offense makes. The sad problem is that they really need two  of him, lol. 

I could see room for Meachem and Lloyd here ... knowing that a drafted WR would just be a bust anyhow. 

I'm just saying that Wallace is a WR of another order ... albeit with a daunting price tag in picks and cash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

no   trade brady to the raiders for 7 1st round picks.  they'd do it.  If they give up anything over a 7th rounder for palmer they'd give up 7 firsts for brady fo sho

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

yeah lets give up a first rounder and ten million a year only to discover he's another guy that cant figure out the offense

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat : I agree with that sentiment Tompenny. They really don't need another superstar ... just someone credible who can get open and make opponents pay for bringing their safety to the line to beat up their TE and smother their RBs. I also think Lloyd fits that bill, and unlike anyone not named Moss, we know  he can handle the kind of on-the-fly adjustments this offense makes. The sad problem is that they really need two  of him, lol.  I could see room for Meachem and Lloyd here ... knowing that a drafted WR would just be a bust anyhow.  I'm just saying that Wallace is a WR of another order ... albeit with a daunting price tag in picks and cash.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Why is eveyone treating Lloyd like he's the next best thing to Randy Moss? He's not that good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]Why is eveyone treating Lloyd like he's the next best thing to Randy Moss? He's not that good.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

2010 season he was the best WR in the NFL with Orton as his qb. Everyone is excited because he wants to be a Patriot and he is a major major upgrade over Branch. That was the first year he had a QB who could throw the ball. Hes not Randy but then again Randy didn't have Gronk and Herny(besides there forst four games). He doesnt have to be the #1 option here but he sure can be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat :  Everyone is excited because he wants to be a Patriot .
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

And Ochostinko wanted to be a Patriot too, and how did that work out for us?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Ocho's problem is either that he came dinged up to the Patriots, or that he wasn't smart in the first place.  He couldn't remember the play, the breakoff route, whatever.   

Lloyd took a bad ding in the 2010 season, but he has seemed to work through it.  He caught 77 passes in 2010 for 1448 yards (the NFL record that year) and 70 passes in 2011 for only 966 yards.  The dropoff may partly be a reflection of other teams not wanting to get fried for 6 points, or partly that Lloyd is slowed by injury, or partly a new coach's and new quarterback's preference for more first down catches versus bombs, but it's not the world's biggest dropoff.  The guy appears to be quite productive.

1448 yards in one year, for an 18.8 average yards per catch, smells a lot like a deep threat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I thought because he was with McDaniels that he knew the system already.

Either way there is a down side to Loyd that is spelled out:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/03/11/patriots_could_be_a_fit_for_brandon_lloyd_because_of_mcdaniels/

[QUOTE]yeah lets give up a first rounder and ten million a year only to discover he's another guy that cant figure out the offense In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Llyod wants to be a Pat : And Ochostinko wanted to be a Patriot too, and how did that work out for us?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Lloyd has already been productive In Josh's system. There is no comparison. As far as his attitude the Patriots would never offer him big money anyway. They just ate 6 million last year with Ocho. I would be hard to top that lack of production.

Sections
Shortcuts