Logan Mankins - 1st & 3rd Tender on him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Logan Mankins - 1st & 3rd Tender on him.

This is a good thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Logan Mankins - 1st & 3rd Tender on him.

Makes perfect sense. He's a RFA thanks to a loophole and I'm sure he's on the need to be resign list after Wilfork and Brady. Putting such a large tendor buys them some time to get the other deals done first before moving on to him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

hope someone can answer this for me....

are teams allowed to just tender anything to anyone? Could the Pats tender a first and third on both Gostowski and Mankins or is there some type of limit???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

YES,THEY CAN TENDER MORE THAN ONE AT THE FIRST AND THIRD ROUND LEVEL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I believe Kebbe's right but they are only allowed to tender 1 at the 1st and 2nd level. If I remember though the higher the tender the more the have to pay if no one bits so 1st and 3rd is usually a good balance, but I haven't looked into it since hearing Welker rumors so I could be wrong

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

good....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Mankins is safe with that tender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

what i dont get in general is why wouldnt every team tender their FA's with 1st rounders if they want to keep them for cheap???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"what i dont get in general is why wouldnt every team tender their FA's with 1st rounders if they want to keep them for cheap???"

First off, the tender process only applies to restricted free agents, not all free agents.

Second, the draft pick compensation is based on the amount of the tender.  To get 1st round compensation, you have to offer the player a higher contract than the 2nd round or original draft position tender.

I'm not sure what the exact numbers are for this coming yr but it shouldn't be too hard to find that info online.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins - 1st & 3rd Tender on him.:
    "what i dont get in general is why wouldnt every team tender their FA's with 1st rounders if they want to keep them for cheap???"   First off, the tender process only applies to restricted free agents, not all free agents. Second, the draft pick compensation is based on the amount of the tender.  To get 1st round compensation, you have to offer the player a higher contract than the 2nd round or original draft position tender. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are for this coming yr but it shouldn't be too hard to find that info online.
    Posted by siestafiesta

yeah i knew it was only restricted..... i gotcha now

i mean if a team didnt want to lose anyone just tender a first rounder to everyone. they stay for cheaper than they would if you outright resigned him and nobody would touch the players. Was just a little confused

Sections
Shortcuts