Logan Mankins "may" return to play this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Logan Mankins "may" return to play this year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/logan-mankins-may/

Looks like they don't need him. the line is holding up fine

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: Logan Mankins "may" return to play this year

Who gives a rat's a**!!! Trade him!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins "may" return to play this year:
    [QUOTE]Trade him!!!!
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

i wish they would, wonder why BB hasn't yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Logan Mankins "may" return to play this year : i wish they would, wonder why BB hasn't yet?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

49Patriots "really" doesn't care about Logan Mankins. 

He didn't sign his tender yet. He could easily block a trade by simply saying no. Also, I doubt anybody wants a LG. We'll probably only get a 3rd round pick for him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Logan Mankins "may" return to play this year:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/logan-mankins-may/ Looks like they don't need him. the line is holding up fine
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I'd rather he sit out the season. But, the knucklehead has to return by week ten, if he wants to become an unrestricted free agent. The Pats need to trade him before then, just as the Chargers need to trade Vincent Jackson before that time...or they'll get next to nothing for him. 

Can you imagine the type of 'tude Mankins would carry with him when he finally shows? He's certainly not going to be in football shape. Maybe BB can used him to do laundry and wash toilets.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I hope one of his steers runs a horn up his arse*, other than that I hope he has a nice day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not for nothing, but given the way Mankins turned his nose up at a contract that would have made him the third-highest paid player at his position in the entire league, I think it's safe to assume that he has no interest in playing in the NFL ever again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] Maybe BB can used him to do laundry and wash toilets.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah i couldn't trust him to come in a play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

i say if he comes back at week ten. We just put him on IR

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbles-tms. Show bubbles-tms's posts

Of course he's going to come back.  If he sits he doesn't become a free agent at the end of the year.  And the Pats have no recourse other than letting him walk, for nothing.  Put yourself in Mankins' or Vincent Jackson's shoes and you would forfeit  38% of one year's pay to avoid the injury risk that might prevent a long-term payoff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Mankins Made his bed now lay in it He made it CLEAR he didn't want to be  a Patriots player anymore So go stick it where the sun don't shine Logan Mankins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I believe they are seriously holding out for him to just say forget it and sign a contract.

Look at Lance Briggs dude trashed the Bears and threw em to the ground. He hit FA and said you know what might as well sign with the Bears after a year of griping. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]I believe they are seriously holding out for him to just say forget it and sign a contract. Look at Lance Briggs dude trashed the Bears and threw em to the ground. He hit FA and said you know what might as well sign with the Bears after a year of griping. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

I don't RK an BB are very forgiving when you bad mouth the organization, they do not tolerate airing dirty laundry in public. Mankins is done here, don't know what Bill has in store for him, but he won't like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

im not sure of the rules, but i do know a player has to actually play in a game during the season to accrue a year, or the years is considered not fulfilled on his contract. So I'm not sure he would be any type of free agent after the season. Atleast not unrestricted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I believe they are seriously holding out for him to just say forget it and sign a contract. Look at Lance Briggs dude trashed the Bears and threw em to the ground. He hit FA and said you know what might as well sign with the Bears after a year of griping. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

yeah, i remeber that every thought he was all but gone from chicago, but lovey smith showed him some love, BB doesn't show anybody love, except for TB12

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Unless he comes up with some way to make good with Kraft and BB, he is done as a Pat.

This isn't like the Briggs situation because we have BB and Kraft not Smith and whoever. You speak out against us, your as good as gone...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I was a fan.  Now, I could care less and hope they get something of value back for his future services.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I've read two different things. Either he has to show up by the 10th game in order to get 1 more year of service and become an unrestricted free agent - OR - he has to show up by 7th game, sit for 3 games, and then play the last 6 games.

Anyone know for sure what the rule is?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

Is tagging and trading Mankins after this season a possibility?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I've read two different things. Either he has to show up by the 10th game in order to get 1 more year of service and become an unrestricted free agent - OR - he has to show up by 7th game, sit for 3 games, and then play the last 6 games. Anyone know for sure what the rule is?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

He has to be on the team for at least six games to get credit for an accrued season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]Is tagging and trading Mankins after this season a possibility?
    Posted by batou[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask the same thing. With the understanding that a bargining agreement has been reached for next season, whats to stop the Pats from putting the  franchise tag (1rst & 3rd tender) on him next year and then trying to work out a deal or trade? Isnt that what they did with Matt Cassel? If they cant, why wouldnt the Pats get the best offer for him they could now?

Honestly Im shocked Mankins has dug his heels in like this. To my very limited actual knowledge of the contract situation, the Pats offered him a more than fair deal. He's not obligated to sign it but he cant say they didnt try. Normally players stay out of other players business, but I think his teammates need to start getting on him about coming back to play. You can say the Pats OL is playing fine without him but lets face it, they're better with him. He is a mauler on the run game which the Pats are going to need playing ball control football without Randy, and an above average pass protector. Im not sure how he thinks sitting out a season is going to help his value in the chance he becomes a FA next season. This is the only distraction left on this team and it needs to be resolved. Go Pats! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pats let him die on the vine!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

he will sign and come in to 'invest' in a productive year for his status to change and he can hit the free mkt.

Depending on the CBA, I am not sure if the Pats can franchise him or not afterwards.

No one is in the market for an expensive guard and he will be hard pressed to probably receive the money the pats offered.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

First off he has to sign a contract in order for him to be traded.  I don't think that Mankins is in a helpful mood these days.  He'll be back on week 10 to earn a year of NFL eligibility which makes him a FA next year.