Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade

we seriously need to stop letting this guy sit. i dont care how much we pay him. our run game is not doing good to say the least. we either need to put him back in the starting line up or trade him and get something off of it. idk maybe we can send him to carolina and try to get d. williams to run it for us or to the rams to get jackson at back. rams need to protect their young quarter back. i'd even be fine trading like a second rounder if we had to but we need to capitolize on him and help our team. thoughts on this. just think what a work horse like jackson or williams would bring to the team. play action pass would finally return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade

How about to Dallas for one of these guys??

96Spears, MarcusDE6-43116LSU
    93Spencer, AnthonyLB6-32604Purdue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Second round pick at least... pull the trigger already. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

good as gone

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Maybe we have been trying to trade him but no one is buying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Love when people state the obvious.  Lets get CJ2k for him or crap like that.  He is just an OG.  He is not a highly in demand position.  We will be lucky to get a 2nd for him.  None of those other trades are reasonable IMO.  
    And patsfan, so glad u dont own the team.  Pay him anything.  That is plain stupid.  Really nothing else can be said to that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It's a moot point.  He's not under contract at the moment.  He can't be traded. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah, I remember last year when he opened all those running holes.  Expect that to happen again if he comes back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade:
    [QUOTE]It's a moot point.  He's not under contract at the moment.  He can't be traded. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]Exactly. I have to laugh everyone saying trade him. there have been at least 3 news articles over the last 2 weeks stating the Patriots cannot trade him due to him not being under contract, and now about 15 posts saying to trade him. Reports are that he may play again by week 6 in order to be paid but they are not sure at this moment. He has pretty much screwed himself and the Patriot team. Talk about a major goof decesion, he should have taken the money and shut his mouth!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

They can give his agents permission to speak with other teams. The catch is compensation for the Pats. They are probably receiving low ball offers
    for the Mankins. Sign and trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think he's a goner, but there is more to it than simply what we will demand in a trade.  The other team has to reach an agreement with Mankins.  Perhaps no teams are willing to pay him what he wants period.  Perhaps they would, but not in addition to giving up a high round draft pick.  I don't see a good ending for this.

As for our running game...did we run well last year against the Jets?  Just saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I remember last year when he opened all those running holes.  Expect that to happen again if he comes back.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? We had running lanes last year? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think Kaczur is coming back, I think Kaczur is just holding Mankins' spot until week 10. Instead of cutting a player, the Pats will just IR Nick. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]They can give his agents permission to speak with other teams. The catch is compensation for the Pats. They are probably receiving low ball offers for the Mankins. Sign and trade.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

Sure, they can do this.  But they haven't and apparently have no intention of doing so.  So it's still moot. 

It seems likely he will sign the tender and come back at some point, probably week 10. The Pats will settle for a compensatory draft pick, likely a 3rd or 4th.  Not sure if they'll even get that though if there's no football next year.  If there is no 2011 season then I don't think any team would sign him this offseason.  Draft pick compensation is based on whatever salary he is paid by his new team, so if he's not signed there would be no compensation.  So in that case, it could be that they don't get anything for Mankins, unless there is some special rule adopted in the new CBA just for the Pats and I guess the Chargers with VJax.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]It's a moot point.  He's not under contract at the moment.  He can't be traded. 
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

The trade is always bartered first between teams, then it is presented to the player and if his agent can work out a new acceptable deal with the interested team then you get the Sign and Trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Love when people state the obvious.  Lets get CJ2k for him or crap like that.  He is just an OG.  He is not a highly in demand position.  We will be lucky to get a 2nd for him.  None of those other trades are reasonable IMO.   And patsfan, so glad u dont own the team.  Pay him anything.  That is plain stupid.  Really nothing else can be said to that. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I agree, yet we for one gave up a first round pick for him and we did that without knowing how he would perform in the nfl. Also we gave up a first rounder for him when a lot of teams had him rated as a second round pick at best. It worked out ok for us, however to let a former starter and first round selection sit on the outside doing nothing for us while we are in need of good players, is just stupid...really stupid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade : The trade is always bartered first between teams, then it is presented to the player and if his agent can work out a new acceptable deal with the interested team then you get the Sign and Trade.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the team gives the agent permission to negotiate a contract with a team and then see if the teams can agree to a trade afterwards.  That's what happened with VJax, and apparently San Diego wouldn't agree to a trade after Jackson had negotiated a deal with another team, maybe the Vikings. 

To my knowledge this hasn't happened with Mankins.  I haven't heard or read anything that would indicate they're even considering a trade.  It would seem at this point, he either signs his tender and plays for the Pats by week 10 or he doesn't.  It's his call, but I just don't see the Pats budging.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

[QUOTE]Love when people state the obvious.  Lets get CJ2k for him or crap like that.  He is just an OG.  He is not a highly in demand position.  We will be lucky to get a 2nd for him.  None of those other trades are reasonable IMO.   And patsfan, so glad u dont own the team.  Pay him anything.  That is plain stupid.  Really nothing else can be said to that. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

if i was the owner the only way i'd pay him how much he is asking is to just turn around and trade him. and yes i realize he is not worth that much cash i just want him signed so we can trade his fat as s right after. in my opinion he is a douscher

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade : Sometimes the team gives the agent permission to negotiate a contract with a team and then see if the teams can agree to a trade afterwards.  That's what happened with VJax, and apparently San Diego wouldn't agree to a trade after Jackson had negotiated a deal with another team, maybe the Vikings.  To my knowledge this hasn't happened with Mankins.  I haven't heard or read anything that would indicate they're even considering a trade.  It would seem at this point, he either signs his tender and plays for the Pats by week 10 or he doesn't.  It's his call, but I just don't see the Pats budging.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]
    Mankins is a restricted free agent. He or his agent can speak to anyone they want and the Patriots are powerless to stop them. Any team that signs him would surrender a first and a third round draft pick. This won't happen. If Mankins were to reach a deal with another team, they would have to work out compensation with the Pats.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Logan mankins. Gotta sign or trade : Mankins is a restricted free agent. He or his agent can speak to anyone they want and the Patriots are powerless to stop them. Any team that signs him would surrender a first and a third round draft pick. This won't happen. If Mankins were to reach a deal with another team, they would have to work out compensation with the Pats.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Actually this is incorrect.  He can only negotiate with the Pats at this point, unless the Pats permit him to speak with other teams.  As an RFA, his free agent window closed a week before the draft. 

He must sign his tender or he can't play.  The Pats have exclusive rights.  If he doesn't come back by week 10, then he won't get credit for this year and they will retain the same rights next year, absent some change to the CBA which would change this.  He has zero leverage. 

Sections
Shortcuts