LOGAN MANKINS UPDATE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

LOGAN MANKINS UPDATE!

Adam Schefter just reported that two weeks before Brady's deal got done, the Patriots got close to a deal with Mankins. Mankins and his agent came up to get a deal done but there was one condition: he had to apologize to Robert Kraft for making the comments he made. He made that apology. When he came up to sign the actual deal, the Patriots said he also had to issue a public apology. Apparently, that was enough for Mankins to not sign the deal.

VERY interesting stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: LOGAN MANKINS UPDATE!

The drama continues......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5564031

Schefter article about the Mankins Situation

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I still think it gets done. This shows that the sides were in the same neighborhood in terms of money and the number of years. Mankins' camp saw that there was zero demand for his services to this point and it'll be tough to give the Patriots what they want in return for Mankins.

This is just a matter of two egos needing to take some time away from the situation. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mankins wants to play. He apologised to Kraft and that should have been enough. Let's hope something can be worked out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This one is hard to believe.  Maybe it's true, if so they are both being a bit childish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to LOGAN MANKINS UPDATE!:
    Adam Schefter just reported that two weeks before Brady's deal got done, the Patriots got close to a deal with Mankins. Mankins and his agent came up to get a deal done but there was one condition: he had to apologize to Robert Kraft for making the comments he made. He made that apology. When he came up to sign the actual deal, the Patriots said he also had to issue a public apology. Apparently, that was enough for Mankins to not sign the deal. VERY interesting stuff.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Pride goeth before the fall. Most people have to put up with bowing, in one way or another, to their bosses...and don't have a multi-million dollar salary waiting in the lurch.  

Grow up, Logan.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

If true, getting that close to a deal and not happening? Wow! My bet is that the Pats trade him for a 2nd Rd pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I have to fault the Pats on this one.  He apologized to Mr. Kraft, just end the situation, move on, and shore up the OL.  The Pats then put out their best OL to start the season.  Besides, it's not like he needs to apologize to the fan base, showing up to play is enough for us.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

I'm all for him apologizing publicly, he trashed the owner publicly so why shouldn't he apologize publicly.  If he had kept his mouth shut to begin with it wouldn't have been a problem.  The situation is his fault so he should do the right thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Kraft should move on with the apology demand. I would never scrape and bow to a boss, period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: LOGAN MANKINS UPDATE!:
    I have to fault the Pats on this one.  He apologized to Mr. Kraft, just end the situation, move on, and shore up the OL.  The Pats then put out their best OL to start the season.  Besides, it's not like he needs to apologize to the fan base, showing up to play is enough for us.  
    Posted by titletownfan

Exacting a public apology does seem like over-kill, at first blush. But  Mankins called Kraft "a liar" in public...which was inaccurate, as well as immature. Those are very strong words.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

To me, it's the principle that counts. This guy is getting a Jahri Evans type deal and ALL he has to do is apologize? Seriously? Mankins should be thankful that the team even put the deal back on the table, apologize, and show up to play today.

When word gets around in the locker room, trust me, the younger players will get the picture. Embody the qualities of Brady and Wilfork (work hard, do your job, be a professional, keep your mouth shut, and of course, perform) and you'll get rewarded handsomely. Act like Mankins and mouth off and you'll either be benched without pay or be shipped off elsewhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Kraft should move on with the apology demand. I would never scrape and bow to a boss, period.
    Posted by zbellino

ZB,  You are right.     Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. If you get to Vegas try B&Bs in the Ventian. One of Mario Battali's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Mankins apologized man to man, that is all that is needed. Me thinks the Krafts are getting a little haughty. Remember when Mrs. Kraft got into Parcell's grill for referring to Terry Glenn as as a girl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If this report is true then asking for a public apology is outrageous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Maybe Krafty can apologize to the fans publicly if, let's say, a defensive tackle or safety blows past their third string left guard and blows out Brady's knee?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Either that or the insult of being called a liar REALLY pissed him off to a point he could have him on the team or not.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Mankins wants to play. He apologised to Kraft and that should have been enough. Let's hope something can be worked out.
    Posted by digger0862

he should apologize to the team too. if he wants total acceptance from them

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Mankins made it public and embarrassed the organization. To save face for the team he needs to issue an apology PUBLICLY or it makes it look as if he was in the right to call Kraft a liar from the onset. I'm sure the apology to Kraft was well taken but this isn't about Mankins it's about the Pats and the Pats need to save face publicly for being called out on something that was false to begin with. Mankins man up and realize you are wrong.

It's much easier for a player to say "in the heat of the moment I said a couple things I shouldn't. We worked it out and I'm very happy to remain a Patriot" then an owner saying "We have come to turns with Mankins. It was a heated situation with some misunderstandings but I'm glad we could work it out". You see the first statement everyone can say well I see where he came from I'm just glad they worked it out, the second statement says well they didn't tell the whole truth to Mankins and they had to work hard to make up for the wrong wording.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If this report is true then asking for a public apology is outrageous.
    Posted by Tcal2

And after the apology he has to go to Kraft's house and Mow his lawn.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Does anyone know exactly what Mankins said about Kraft and the Pats? 

It couldn't have been that bad.  It was probably just what all disgruntled players say when they're upset about their contract.

If Mankins called Kraft personally and apologized I don't see why the Pats/Kraft needed to request a public apology.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

And here we go...This side said that...That side said this...Just trade the lump of clay and lets get on with the season! Go '10 PATS...Champions again in '10?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

It seems to me the Krafts wanted to humiliate him. They wanted an apology and he did. Anything more is being vindictive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to Re: LOGAN MANKINS UPDATE! : ZB,  You are right.     Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. If you get to Vegas try B&Bs in the Ventian. One of Mario Battali's
    Posted by TSWFAN

Sorry but as a boss and someone asking me for a huge raise and embarassed me to my colleagues and employees? he better apologize or he can go elsewhere.

Mr. Kraft is spot on with this one!

Sections
Shortcuts