Logan Mankins will return to work

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Logan Mankins will return to work

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/13/report-vincent-jackson-logan-mankin-establish-return-dates/

Interesting. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

Re: Logan Mankins will return to work

I hope he sits on the bench.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Anybody know what happens if they don't activate him? Or just let him rot on the bench? Would the year still count?

They need to let him sit. No point in risking injury. And trade him to the highest bidder. Even if they have to franshise him. No point in letting him walk for nothing. He's not worth the money he's asking for, But some team will be stupid enough to pay it. Someone always is. What are the Vikings paying Favre? 17 milllion? There's a sucker born every minute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I think the Patriots have successfully crushed the resent tend of overpaying for Guards.  They should be getting long snapper money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who cares if or when Mankins returns? Maybe his daddy does....I know that the majority of NE Patriots fans don't care,he'll be so far down on the Depth chart they will barely be able too find him. From what I can tell there are 3 guys in front of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As BB says. We play the players that want to be here. We don't talk about those who aren't under contract and aren't in practices.

My take is Mankins has to do a lot of work before he starts making his way back up the depth chart. In the end I don't think he'll over take either Neal or Connolly for a starting position. He might be the best backup in the league though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

He signs a contract........Bill trades him. They probably already have a deal in place. Just waiting for him to sign on the dotted line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Let's make some unreal deals
    With the trading deadline near, here are five wise moves that probably won't be made
    --Adam Schefter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&page=10spot/10week06

• New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins to the Chicago Bears for defensive tackle Tommie Harris and a fourth-round pick: Chicago gets the help on the offensive line it needs, and New England gets help on the defensive line it needs along with the fourth-round pick it gave up for wide receiver Deion Branch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins will return to work:
    He signs a contract........Bill trades him. They probably already have a deal in place. Just waiting for him to sign on the dotted line.
    Posted by ricky1554atl

Respectfully, don't you think that if BB had a deal in place he would have pulled the plug by now?  And, if the PATS are waiting for Mankins to sign before trading him and if Mankins waits until after this coming Tuesday, (the trading deadline) then that ship will already have sailed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins will return to work : Respectfully, don't you think that if BB had a deal in place he would have pulled the plug by now?  And, if the PATS are waiting for Mankins to sign before trading him and if Mankins waits until after this coming Tuesday, (the trading deadline) then that ship will already have sailed!
    Posted by dustcover

I agree, unless they can convince him to sign so they can trade him to a team that will pay for him....befoe the deadline....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins will return to work : Respectfully, don't you think that if BB had a deal in place he would have pulled the plug by now?  And, if the PATS are waiting for Mankins to sign before trading him and if Mankins waits until after this coming Tuesday, (the trading deadline) then that ship will already have sailed!
    Posted by dustcover

was going to ask how they trade him without him signing first.  No way mankins signs before Tuesday unless he has a contract worked out with the team he is being traded to.  He is signing to accrue another year and get to FA status.  Once he signs BB will create a new title just for him, ball washer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Doesn't Mankins run the risk of signing this year, remaining with the Pats after the trade deadline, then being slapped with the franchise tag when he becomes a UFA at the end of the season (assuming it is still part of the new CBA)? The Pats would still have quite a bit of control and would be on the hook for a guaranteed one year deal at considerably less than what they already offered him.  Trading him at that point would be contingent upon Mankins agreeing to an extension with the proposed trade partner which is where things stand now.  Mankins only recourse would be to not sign the franchise tag tender. Seems like the Pats are in the driver's seat under any circumstance.
    Posted by chuckfairbanks
    Hey chuck if he doesn't sign the tender then he can't get the accrued year to allow him to become a UFA and that will only serve to put him right back in the same boat he's in now,next year!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Posted by dustcover

They can't trade him until he signs a contract. Also, the trade doesn't need to happen this year with only a few days left before the trading deadline. MANKINS ship has sailed. OUT of New England.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins will return to work : was going to ask how they trade him without him signing first.  No way mankins signs before Tuesday unless he has a contract worked out with the team he is being traded to.  He is signing to accrue another year and get to FA status.  Once he signs BB will create a new title just for him, ball washer.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Exactly right. He WILL sign this year to accrue another year. How long he stays is another question.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins will return to work : They can't trade him until he signs a contract. Also, the trade doesn't need to happen this year with only a few days left before the trading deadline. MANKINS ship has sailed. OUT of New England.
    Posted by ricky1554atl
    i believe they can trade him anytime between Feb and March or until the Season officially ends.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I say if he doesn't want to be reasonable in his demands it just shows he doesn't want to be here....my guess is he'll sign the tender by Nov. to get his accured eligibility then the Pats trade him to whomever they want for whatever they want without any say by Mankins as to where it is....if he truly doesn't want that to happen he's working a deal right now to get traded by the 19th....
    I'd be thrilled to get a 2nd or a 3rd & 4th in the 2012 draft for him....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I heard last week, during the Moss fiasco, that there is a sign in the locker room that says...If you don't want to be here...you don't have to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

If and when this fat lump of clay returns BB should just bench him or suspend him for the rest of the season. Or just trade him away like either before the trading deadline or after the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I think we are fine without him and if we can get atleast a 2nd, I have no problems trading him away...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah.  It's too bad we can't refuse to have him back.  I don't think they will play him, but who knows?  They do what they want, and it usually surprises me.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

if they are forced to bring him back, not only should he not play, they shouldnt even have him dress in any of the final 6 games...let him watch in his street clothes on tv a patriot place, get off our sideline chump!

Sections
Shortcuts