Logan Mankins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Logan Mankins

Mankins brings attitude back to Patriots' offensive line

Nice article about Logan Mankins on the WEEI Website

I'd suggest he has INCREASED his value since the initial fight over salary. Does anyone think the Pats, BB that is, will pay him what he deserves? Let's enjoy him this year because he won't be in a Pats uniform next season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Logan Mankins

Without knowing the specifics, they offered him what he deserves.  He just wanted more.  I would like him back, but not for more than was offered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I was thinking about this today and it's funny how things turned around for them when he came back. I was thinking what influence he had in the locker room and in practices.
    I think he's brought the O line to another level, he gives TB that extra second and he brings that attitude to open holes for Ellis.
    To be fair they started playing better with the Moss deal but they seemed to really take off when he came back.

I said it before and I'll say it again.....................PAY HIM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

somebody will pay it, and you are right jim he won't be back here

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

It really s ucks to waste a draft pick on that position, but I guess it's good to finally have a need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

As Prime Time says "Pay the Man".  The Pats offense took off when he came back, the QB compares him to Hannah.  I think that says volumes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Thsi will be a great offseason issue i'm sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i know for a fact he will be tagged at least it would be stupid not to at least tag and trade him.  I think they should offer him a little bit more of a signing bonus and shorten the length of the proposed deal to 5 years with the same average salary of a little over 7 mil per year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins:
    [QUOTE] If he wins a super bowl here I think some of the ice around Mankins heart will melt a little and he will sign his deal to stay in NE.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Theres no way he'd walk away from this team for money as Dynasty 2 kicks into high gear

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If he and the Patrionts can't agree on a long term deal,B.B. will franchise him which will put his salary at the average of the top five offensive linemen,not just guards.So,unless he wants to be the highest highest paid linemen in the league,including the top LT's in the game,a deal should be able to be reached.Assuming the owner is not still so offended by Mankins derogatory statements about him personally(which were very ill-advised and counter-productive)I am cautiously optomistic that his departure is not a certainty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Patriots would be STUPID If they didn't resign Him ever since He has been back in the line They have done great He adds so much to the Pats Belichick needs to resign him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats & Mankins will have to compromise on the contracts length if they both want to stay partners....say 5 years for 7 mil. a year with 25 mill guarenteed & 4/5 million signing bonus...Mankins, from what I understand didn't like the 7 year contract the Pats wanted to lock him up for(as well as guarenteed money)....he wants to be able to get 1 final payday before career ends....if he's locked up for 7 years as the Pats wanted to do he'd be too old to get another big payday....
    He'll get tagged for sure so the Patriots can :get some type of compensation for him & controll where he goes....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Logan Mankins:
    [QUOTE]  Mankins brings attitude back to Patriots' offensive line Nice article about Logan Mankins on the WEEI Website I'd suggest he has INCREASED his value since the initial fight over salary. Does anyone think the Pats, BB that is, will pay him what he deserves? Let's enjoy him this year because he won't be in a Pats uniform next season.
    Posted by jimdaytona[/QUOTE]

He was made more than a fair offer as I understand it.  However, the team could throw in a couple of incentive bones over what was in the original offer in order to allow him to save face.  500k for superbowl win.  50 k per playoff game.  500k for 1250 rusher.  etc...

He should be required to talk to Branch, Moss, Law, Milloy, Woody, Seymour, Glen, and others so that he can be educated on what it is like to leave the Pats and play for lesser teams for a few more bucks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In Response to Re: Logan Mankins:
    [QUOTE]I actually think they wont let him walk. Even after all this contract stuff I think they will still get a deal done. If he wins a super bowl here I think some of the ice around Mankins heart will melt a little and he will sign his deal to stay in NE.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Business is business and what goes on behind the scenes we will never know..but I also feel that Mankins will be in a Patriots uniform next season,despite all that has gone on between the Team and Player this year. 

He possesses a nasty attitude on that Line which is needed IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Compromise give him a 6 year with more guranteed money. guranteed is what a player wants.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

tis the season for

compromise
    lower egos

and sign here

Sections
Shortcuts