Logan Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Logan Ryan

What are all your thoughts about the transition from year one too year two? He is reportedly working out with Derrelle Revis. I think he's going to have a big year. He has great play making skills and good hands. I think he will play the first four games at CB opposite of Revis.. What do you think his role will be after that? Will he move to safety? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Logan Ryan

I like this kid a lot.  Hopefully he builds on a strong year one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What are all your thoughts about the transition from year one too year two? He is reportedly working out with Derrelle Revis. I think he's going to have a big year. He has great play making skills and good hands. I think he will play the first four games at CB opposite of Revis.. What do you think his role will be after that? Will he move to safety? 

[/QUOTE]

What about Dennard?  ANd if Ryan does turn out to be very good will we play him some at S as a cover guy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I wouldn't jump the gun on Ryan.

I really like the kid, but how many first year CBs have looked great in a BB D then fall apart?? McCourty, Arrington, D. Butler, etc. all had really good first year's then never came close to the same thing.  

I love Dennard, but he didn't make the HUGE jump from 1-2 but he also didn't regress which I see as a huge positive. I would love to see Ryan get good enough to play #2 CB on the outside so Dennard can play slot where his small compact body will look a lot better vs. smaller matchups.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Revis and Browner are going to be invaluable to the young guy's development. Imagine what that will be like for them? Last year they had Arrington to look up too...enough said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

What I find most interesting and amusing about this upcoming season is that as things stand, we are as stacked in the secondary as we have been since...  well forever. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ryan is much more the silky smooth cover guy that Asante Samuels was, rather than the physical press corner that Ty Law was.  But if you can learn the traits of those physical guys and incorporate as much of that style possible into your tool chest you're the better for it.  He is a huge upgrade at nickel because that will allow Arrington the option to play more safety or roam free and enforce, say what you want about the guy but he lays the lumber and is physical in short space.

Revis locks down a side, Browner adds size to the safety position, McCourty plays that Eugene Wilson deep ball position, if Duron Harmon improves from a great rookie year he could very well be a starting caliber safety on your bench.

If they fix the depth issue at DT, stay healthy they will be one of the best defenses in the NFL and pound for pound the best defensive backfield in the NFL.  Than again you could have said the same last year had they stayed healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Yeah I can see Arrington moving to some sort of safety role if Ryan doesn't, both can tackle well and Arrington can lay the smack down. Also to note I believe the pats will use all of them in all the positions and will have a lot of options to scheme and mix things up amd confuse the opposing offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

You play with smart Football Players, you start playing smart too. The game slows down for you, in your mind.
    That's why I always loved Rodney, one of the smartest Players the Pats ever had. Made everybody better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I still want to take it somewhat slowly with him. Certainly increase his snap count from last year, but prefer him to spell the top 3-4 guys rather get majority snaps at the start of the season. Also would like Arrington snaps reduced as he has been dinged up the past couple of years, and trying to play thru it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

3 things, Browner, Revis back there and Collins flying around in passing situations from underneath will setup Dennard and Ryan huge.

Best pass D in NFL this year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 things, Browner, Revis back there and Collins flying around in passing situations from underneath will setup Dennard and Ryan huge.

[/QUOTE]

Need a pass rush and some rest for Nink and Jones

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Need a pass rush and some rest for Nink and Jones

[/QUOTE]

+1..absolute necessity...if they can do this, they'll win a whole stink load of games this year...if not, they'll struggle into the playoffs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ryan is much more the silky smooth cover guy that Asante Samuels was, rather than the physical press corner that Ty Law was.  But if you can learn the traits of those physical guys and incorporate as much of that style possible into your tool chest you're the better for it.  He is a huge upgrade at nickel because that will allow Arrington the option to play more safety or roam free and enforce, say what you want about the guy but he lays the lumber and is physical in short space.

Revis locks down a side, Browner adds size to the safety position, McCourty plays that Eugene Wilson deep ball position, if Duron Harmon improves from a great rookie year he could very well be a starting caliber safety on your bench.

If they fix the depth issue at DT, stay healthy they will be one of the best defenses in the NFL and pound for pound the best defensive backfield in the NFL.  Than again you could have said the same last year had they stayed healthy.

[/QUOTE]

Got to say disagree, watching Ryan I see a guy who puts his hands all over the receiver. Physical. If you watch his stuff from when he played at Rutgers,the last thing that comes to mind is silky smooth - the guy was in danger of pass interference on almost very play...he's very physical. That's just my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got to say disagree, watching Ryan I see a guy who puts his hands all over the receiver. Physical. If you watch his stuff from when he played at Rutgers,the last thing that comes to mind is silky smooth - the guy was in danger of pass interference on almost very play...he's very physical. That's just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Also a step and a half slower than I would like. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also a step and a half slower than I would like. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tend to agree, I think that's why he has his hands on the receivers so much. I'll hand it to him though, he did have a nice rookie season...I remember him struggling in camp pretty badly, but he fought through it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Not too worried about Ryan as the Pats have the depth to bring him along 

much more worried about Harmon and his ability to take the next step.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like Ryan a lot.  Big upside there.  Entire secondary is vastly improved.  And I know this is not the popular view here but I still don't see Browner playing much Safety if he plays the position at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

Not too worried about Ryan as the Pats have the depth to bring him along 

much more worried about Harmon and his ability to take the next step.

[/QUOTE]

Agree do you see us bringing in a camp cut? Or even Deone Bucannon in the second? I can see us doing that..Its a head scratcher why Chung is here he is awful.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Logan Ryan, a prime example of fans overrating their players.

Pedestrian speed, average build. Got exposed in the AFCCG in Denver.

A BB 3rd round reach.

Ryan was so good, BB got Revis and Browner in the offseason.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Dennard imo will be the starting CB across from Revis for the duration of next year. With Browner and Ryan jockeying for the 3 spot and Arrington continuing a good career of covering slot receivers(just keep him away from the sidelines) I think the secondary looks as good going into a season as they have since 2004. 

"Defense Wins Championships"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Logan Ryan while not overly fast (or about as fast as Dennard) also had the 5th best shuttle and 2nd best three cone drill in his draft class for cornerbacks.  He was only 190 pounds coming out of college, so while I would say he is an extremely aggressive player, so was Asante that's how you wind up with 51 career interceptions, I would not say his strength is press coverage or out muscling opposing receivers.

He has gained an additional 5 pounds since then so I wouldn't rule it out, but I think Dennard is the better press coverage guy right now and Ryan is the better cover in four directions.  The sky is the limit depending what he puts in... I do like that he was hyper aggressive as a rookie and the moment never seemed too large for him.  We're not over hyping this kid, he is a good prospect on the best team in the NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Logan Ryan while not overly fast (or about as fast as Dennard) also had the 5th best shuttle and 2nd best three cone drill in his draft class for cornerbacks.  He was only 190 pounds coming out of college, so while I would say he is an extremely aggressive player, so was Asante that's how you wind up with 51 career interceptions, I would not say his strength is press coverage or out muscling opposing receivers.

He has gained an additional 5 pounds since then so I wouldn't rule it out, but I think Dennard is the better press coverage guy right now and Ryan is the better cover in four directions.  The sky is the limit depending what he puts in... I do like that he was hyper aggressive as a rookie and the moment never seemed too large for him.  We're not over hyping this kid, he is a good prospect on the best team in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Good post.

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Haha what corner drafted by BB has made any improvements year two???

Sections
Shortcuts