Logie Mankins Has No Excuses This Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Logie Mankins Has No Excuses This Year

What do ya say, Logie?  Stop befriending the media and drop the tough guy mountain man antics and actually show up in the title game...how about that? It's only been over 4 AFC Title games since you accomplished that one.

lmao

I love how our most expensive players play worse in the postseason and then have no accountability, as some fans enjoy watching it happen because the media told them they were so good (when they weren't).

Discuss:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: Logie Mankins Has No Excuses This Year

Ar you blaming Mankins because BB overpaid for an average player?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ar you blaming Mankins because BB overpaid for an average player?

[/QUOTE]

touche...it's all BBs fault for keeping all these bums...especially the Brady debacle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

+1 agreed, thank you for finally blaming someone outside of brady for a playoff loss. Fact is, the trenches on both sides of the ball have sucked in most of the playoff losses as well. Failure to protect our QB and establish the run and failure to put pressure on the QB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

While I'll agree his production hasn't quite matched his salary, he's still our most reliable lineman, perhaps only to Solder.  And have you guys forgotten it was but two years ago he played the entire season with a torn ACL?  Who else does that???  If there's a tougher guy on our team, please, enlighten me. 

Sorry, I might let Mankins go because of that 10 million a year salary, but you aren't going to catch me bashing him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

While I'll agree his production hasn't quite matched his salary, he's still our most reliable lineman, perhaps only to Solder.  And have you guys forgotten it was but two years ago he played the entire season with a torn ACL?  Who else does that???  If there's a tougher guy on our team, please, enlighten me. 

Sorry, I might let Mankins go because of that 10 million a year salary, but you aren't going to catch me bashing him. 

I am not questioning his toughness, but I can guarantee you Brady and his agent were chirping in Kraft and BB's ear in 2010, and the fact is, each was terrible in previous postseason games as they have been in some since.

I do not want mouthy, greedy great players laying eggs when it counts on the teams I root for here.

It's too coincidental that each gets away with this highway robbery with their contracts and subpar posteason play as others get blamed, simply because the media falls for their political posturing in order to have an ally in the press.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Another example of rusty doing his deflection routine.  Trying to deflect from the BB and Matt Patricia threads. Someone help poor ol rusty, he is in full fledged meltdown mode after two very destructive days for him. How can he even look at himself in the mirror anymore, what a loser he is. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Most players on the team are under pressure this year. BB too - in Mankins case, for overspending on the wrong skill position....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

As bb says after a loss

"Coaches could have coached better, players could have played better"

No one has gotten a free ride. Nothing in life is a slam dunk every time. eventually bad luck and bad calls and less than perfect play catches up to you. sometimes other teams get in the zone, and the Pats are not. this is the NFL, there are other great people out there that are also winners. I deeply understand everyone's disappointment as I am too, if it were that easy it would mean absolutely nothing

We can all disagree on what goes wrong or why we didn't win, but maybe it would be healthier not to take it all so personal? Maybe?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Maybe some OLine depth, so Mankins didn't have to play on shredded knees, would help?

The ONLY reason Mankins has EVER "laid an egg" was due to injury. 

If you can provide any proof of him having a bad game without any serious injuries, please do. Without any proof, this is just your opinion, wrapped up to be made to look like fact.

Yes, at times, the trenches HAVE been bad...you may want to look at injuries that led to that. Or, you know, whatever, live in your vacuum without context.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

+1 agreed, thank you for finally blaming someone outside of brady for a playoff loss. Fact is, the trenches on both sides of the ball have sucked in most of the playoff losses as well. Failure to protect our QB and establish the run and failure to put pressure on the QB

[/QUOTE]

lmao.  there are quite of fans who've blamed players from all 3 phases of the game - and coaching.  You make it sound like this is the first time someone has brought it up.

You must be Rusty

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe some OLine depth, so Mankins didn't have to play on shredded knees, would help?

If you can provide any proof of him having a bad game without any serious injuries, please do. Without any proof, this is just your opinion, wrapped up to be made to look like fact.

Yes, at times, the trenches HAVE been bad...you may want to look at injuries that led to that. Or, you know, whatever, live in your vacuum without context.

[/QUOTE]

Mankins has his weaknesses (he can struggle against guys with exceptional lateral quickness), but he's the best all-round lineman on the team.  If you watch the game film, you just see great block after great block--and, maybe more important, you see him sliding over and bailing out his fellow linemen all the time.  Idiots like Rusty, though, see the one play where some quick lineman juked him and got to Brady and think Mankins is a poor player.  No one wins every battle.  Mankins, though, wins most. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Where I disagree with you the most, Rusty, is your take on the motives and behavior of Brady. I don't think anybody would say that recent title games have been vintage Brady. But you go further than that and say that he is selfish, entitled, a poor leader, all about the stats, all about hanging out with Giselle, all about hanging out with Welker etc. In other words, that he doesn't put the team first.

I just can't see that. I see a guy who is a first ballot HOF, who is the best of his generation, is in discussion for GOAT and "only" needs one more SB to close that discussion. I don't see him stat-chasing at all, I see nothing from him that isn't geared towards one single thing, winning a SB. Because that is the only thing that can add to his resume at this point. You saw him yelling at teammates after a bad drive, and call it deflecting, poor leadership etc., where the rest of us see him take leadership, showing frustration and reminding everybody where the bar is.

You say he has been greedy in contract negotiations, where the rest of us say we cannot see him demanding anything inappropriate for a player of his caliber.

Supra societatem nemo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Danish, Rusty can't ever admit he's wrong, so when he says something foolish, rather than just backing away, he digs himself deeper in, adding crazier and crazier claims to his original mistake until he's built an elaborate construction of falsehoods whose complexity makes the Baroque look like Bauhaus.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought it was a bad idea to pay a guard that much, but that's on the GM. As for Mankins he's been solid, he's a tough player that brings a certain level of accountability to the line that I don't think can be measured or seen by fans. Mankins is that type of player that you have to have in your locker room, I believe he was signed to that ridiculous contract during the same year that it is now being reported that the locker room was filled with a bunch of knuckleheads (again, you can blame the GM for that). So I think at that time he had to be signed, plus as we all know we had no one else (once again that's on the GM).

Mankins is a good player, you can't blame him that he is being paid like he is an all world player, you need to blame someone else for that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

His contract runs 2011-2016, spiking capwise in 2013-2015 at just around the franchise tag for OL. He could be up for extension next year or be a cap casualty. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/logan-mankins/" rel="nofollow">http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/logan-mankins/

I think O-linemen should be mean SOB's, and that's Mankins. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I get the impression of some of the other OL that they're too polished or too nice. Not mean enough. Where the other will take part in a fight if they have too, Mankins will start it. I like that about him. He brings an edge.

That said the O-line as a unit needs to step up now. Too many sacks last year, and in the end couldn't open up for the RB's vs. Denver.

Supra societatem nemo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I taking a random guess here (because no one qouted him) but I'm guessing Rusty bashed Mankins for his contract (without realizing it was BB who signed him to it), something about being a wuss (even though Mankins has played through more and worse injures than some of Rusty's favorites like Arrington, A. Wilson, Amendola to name a few), and blames the postseason loses on him and Brady (even though it was BB who decided to not only play them but highly pay them).

Mankins is one of the best LG's in the game. Doesn't mean I think he's worth as much as he's paid, but if that's your complaint you have to address the GM for that not Mankins, but he's played through injures when there were no other options and played at a probowl level a large portion of the time.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Brady is arguably one of the greatest of all time, and Mankins is easily one of our best OL right now.

Yet the board jester seems to try and throw both under the bus as much as possible.

Is anyone really shocked by Rusty's little scream for attention? Enough already.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I taking a random guess here (because no one qouted him) but I'm guessing Rusty bashed Mankins for his contract (without realizing it was BB who signed him to it), something about being a wuss (even though Mankins has played through more and worse injures than some of Rusty's favorites like Arrington, A. Wilson, Amendola to name a few), and blames the postseason loses on him and Brady (even though it was BB who decided to not only play them but highly pay them).

Mankins is one of the best LG's in the game. Doesn't mean I think he's worth as much as he's paid, but if that's your complaint you have to address the GM for that not Mankins, but he's played through injures when there were no other options and played at a probowl level a large portion of the time.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

[/QUOTE]

When Mankins refused to sign the franchise tender the Pats offered him, Rusty went on a tear calling Mankins stupid and arguing that he had no leverage and would lose big time.  Then Mankins won big time and Rusty was shown, as usual, to be a fool.  This led Rusty on a childish crusade to tear down Mankins at every turn.  It was problematic, because Rusty's hero Bill Belichick not only gave Mankins a huge contract but praises him often, so arguing that Mankins was a bad player and signing him a bad decision seemed to directly counter Rusty's other theme that Bill Belichick is perfect and never makes mistakes.  Still, contradictions like that don't bother Rusty.  Instead he just keeps on insisting that he's always right and building an ever bigger house of contradictory cards.  It's really quite remarkable.  In fact, Rusty is himself sort of a perverse genius.  Has anyone ever gone through such elaborate efforts to try to convince the world that he has never once in his entire life been wrong?  And has anyone tried to do this when he's almost always wrong?  Really, it's remarkable.  It should be documented somewhere more permanent than BDC, because it's a rare human feat.  There must be a wax museum somewhere . . . 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Mankins is a good player, you can't blame him that he is being paid like he is an all world player

Mankins has been a 1st or 2nd team all-pro the past 4 seasons running.  He is one of the top guards in the NFL and is getting paid like one.  I know you don't like the notion of paying out that much to guards, but the market for offensive lineman has changed.  LT isn't the only position that gets paid anymore.  New Orleans and Baltimore are two franchises that have paid out some pretty large money to guards (in NO's case to 2 guards).  They seem to do pretty well.  In today's QB driven era I don't have a problem with investing money in the OL.  JMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I got no problem with Logan Mankins.  Still one of my favorite players on the team. Is he overpaid?  Just a tad but if he ended up walking to play for the Giants, I'd rather see him get paid here and blocking for Brady.  He does need to improve in the postseason but I will always have nothing but respect for him playing with the torn ACL in 2011 all the way to the Super Bowl.  It's not all on him.  The offensive line has played poorly in recent postseason losses. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Mankins has his weaknesses (he can struggle against guys with exceptional lateral quickness), but he's the best all-round lineman on the team.  If you watch the game film, you just see great block after great block--and, maybe more important, you see him sliding over and bailing out his fellow linemen all the time.  Idiots like Rusty, though, see the one play where some quick lineman juked him and got to Brady and think Mankins is a poor player.  No one wins every battle.  Mankins, though, wins most. 

[/QUOTE]

Great points about Mankins. I agree entirely. I especially like: "Mankins has his weaknesses (he can struggle against guys with exceptional lateral quickness)" - Phrased perfectly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You make it sound like this is the first time someone has brought it up.

[/QUOTE]

It's the first time Rusty has blamed someone other than Brady for playoff woes. that was my point, idiot

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danish, Rusty can't ever admit he's wrong, so when he says something foolish, rather than just backing away, he digs himself deeper in, adding crazier and crazier claims to his original mistake until he's built an elaborate construction of falsehoods whose complexity makes the Baroque look like Bauhaus.  

[/QUOTE]

+1000000000

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Queenie's main problem is he cannot admit the Pats are ever beaten-the beat themselves (all Brady's fault), the refs bad calls always go against the Pats (purposely on orders from Goodell) and other such bs so he cannot ever give credit or praise to the other team or any of their players or head coach...in the SB with Giants especially 42 its all blame Brady and the OL but give no credit to the Giants D line...so its obvious Mankins has been "bad" against 3rd stringers and college kids

Sections
Shortcuts