LOL Belichick!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

LOL Belichick!!

The only coach NOT to show up for the coaches meeting. Your distain for the media is showing. You go Bill.!! That's why we love ya.

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/03/belichick_blows.html">Belichick blows off breakfast 30 minutes ago

Extra Points The Patriots coach was the only coach not to attend a media breakfast today.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/?p1=SportsNav_Patriots

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: LOL Belichick!!

What's even better is according to 98.5 he walked by the breakfast room wearing basically sweats and a very worn tee-shirt (workout gear) took a quick look inside and kept on walking.

Classic BB, which is why I love him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: LOL Belichick!!:
    What's even better is according to 98.5 he walked by the breakfast room wearing basically sweats and a very worn tee-shirt (workout gear) took a quick look inside and kept on walking. Classic BB, which is why I love him
    Posted by PatsEng

THIS...IS...THE...Best.  Belichick:  "Hmm, yup media...strawberry pancakes...every coach in the league...danishes look good...ehh, I might have to look at someone...that just about does it for me...I'm goin' back to bed."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

All I have to say is: LMAO. Maybe he saw Rex Ryan at the buffet table and realized all the food would be gone and thought "ah screw it"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Apparently, Shalise Manza-Young was crushed as she repeatedly looked at her watch after scarfing down her free breakfast.

Anyone who has been to some kind of a convention knows how draining they can be and if you skip some part of it for personal or business reasons, who cares?  No one does.

Except the Boston Globe and Shalise Manza-Young.

Apparently, it's the end of the world because BB chose to work out instead of mingle with coaches and the media for 111th hour of this weekend convention.

From 7:15 AM to 7:45 AM he probably was figuring out another way to fleece some team on draft day. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

This is why I love Bill Belichick and wouldnt want anyone else doing it any other way then he does. I hate the media and so does he so it works for me. If you want a Rex Ryan who talks about anything and everything to the media then I dont know how you have remained a Pats fan for this long as thats not how the Pats do things. I love this and I wish he would say *screw it more.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Seriously killa, I am so with you on that...  Bill Belichick has the mentality of a TRUE New Englander, and IF given the choice of having any football coach, coaching The Pats since the dawn of Football...it wouldn't even be a freaking split second decision on my part on him. 

Miserable, Hornery, Stubborn, Loyal as HE!!, Well-read, Intelligent, & Astute, TOTALLY Driven to succeed, Doesn't give a single f#ck about appearences, Simple on the outside with a completely terrifying-to-others, walled off personality, yet the most caring, compassionate, and kind person once a person PROVES their geniune character...  Only another New Englander (or a long-time native), trully understands that one can be obscesively consistant, detailed, and ordered, YET ostensibly & superficially cheap, plain, and boringly simple...Honest & Serious...Miserable & Kind-hearted...Stubborn, Compassionate, Steadfast & unrelenting as nails, Understanding, and Uncompromising...  These traits for a New Englander, and what a NE wants outta others representing them, Are in No Way at odds with each other (for us, that is...but everyone else can p!ss off w/ their placating kow-towing to superficial norms, And when they inevitably screw up, we'll step over them to show everyone how it should be done).  

Lmao...
         I really can't stop laughing at the image of Belichick walking by the event room, morning paper tucked underneath his arm & maybe holding a small cup of coffee...  The smell of cheese danishes are filling the air & Belichick wouldn't mind partaking in 1 or 2 tastey morning treats... 
         So he looks into the banquet breakfast hall, and it IS packed.  Belichick  illustrates his displeasure at the situation by revealing absolutely no change whatsoever in his facial expression...  
         Belichick looks down at his coffee... Inside it appears as if someone of importance is motioning Belichick to join him at a table.  Belichick sees him, and BB doesn't intentionally ignore him at all...he just looks past him.  Yawning, he swirls his coffee cup around by the handle...'Little light,' he thinks.  
         'Still,' he inwardly muses, 'The donuts ARE right near the door here, and Maybe by the time Rex Ryan's done, he'll have eaten so much that the last 1 or 2 cruellers, might have escaped his calorie-narrowing eye slits...? Nope...the man's good.' 
         Belichick then takes an extra moment to look back in, stands there for a moment not caring WhoTH sees him or WhatTH they think.  Looking down from his sweats down to his feet, He thinks for a second: 'I gotta get some new slippers.'  Finally, looking back up one last time, he mutters softly only to himself, "Mmm-hmm...".  Then just strolls on away...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Love it!  You can just picture it and it dosen't even surprise us in the least.   He may be a curmudgeon but he's our curmudgeon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I was pretty disappointed in Mike Reiss's take on it.I thought he knew Belichcik better than this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6247191

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I was pretty disappointed in Mike Reiss's take on it.I thought he knew Belichcik better than this.   http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6247191
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Saw your comment mrmojo on that Mike Reiss ESPN Article...glad you spoke up.  Reiss tries to sing the harp that it was a metaphorical statement by Bill Belichick that "He's bigger than the game," and "that there are Belichick Rules and OTHER NFL Coaches's Rules," and that Bill Belichick is "shunning The NFL Coach's Fraternal Order of brotherhood" (or something very close here).  Good...  

Yea, ya know there IS currently something called "A Lockout."  I hope Belichick WAS actually making a point of (and it coulda just have been regarding NO side, like):  "We got ourselves a Game-Stopping Owner/Player rift...and so we're spending time pandering to the media at a big Coach/Media breakfast function?  Maybe, we oh, idk- Just up ALL our efforts to settle this fracture, and to try to get back to playing football?" 

A few other Comments from Reiss's Article:

"Mike, I like your stuff and read it all the time...but your take on this one is wrong. This annual breakfast is a joke, and Belichick is the only one of the 32 coaches with the guts to blow it off...Good for him. I'm sure the other 31 coaches are wondering why they wasted their time going to this media event."

"I think his table was too close to Rex Ryan's and he didn't want to have to hear it. Belichick is probably grouchy in the morning. How many of us would want to wake up and hear Rex Ryan talking about his next supposed superbowl appearance?"

"Maybe Bill had something else planned that actually pertained to MAKING HIS TEAM BETTER FOR NEXT YEAR!!!
    OH NO! The thought of it must just sting people that BB has other more important business to do than go to a NON-MANDATORY BREAKFAST!
    This was pretty weak stuff Mike
    ."

"Well, he is, isn't he? Much ado about nothin'. I like the fact that The Great and Powerful Hoodie doesn't do what everyone else does, or what every sportswriter thinks he should do. He's his own man. More importantly, BB could care less what anyone else thinks. In this day and age, with all the media and fan scrutiny, that takes big ones."

"I don't care what other coaches think of Belichick and I don't care what Mike Reiss or other media members think either. I care about winning and losing. The rest is just media trying to keep their jobs."

"Reiss, I don't fault you for the article AT ALL.

BUT, there is NO NFL Coaching Fraternity.

And belive me, if there were one... BB would not be a brother.

We all should know that by now."

"I still cannot figure out why Belichick would not want to be in the same room with Rex Ryan after a dozen eggs, bacon, and sausage. Something about this doesn't smell right."

"It seems like this is disrespect for the media, but it isn't. Bill takes the time, on his terms, to talk with the media on a regular basis. He is a fount of fascinating information at those times. But when it comes to things the league requires, like required post-game press conferences, or required injury reports, or required media availabilities, Belichick does everything he can to disrespect these types of mandates. For whatever reason, he has a bone to pick with the NFL central office, and has had this attitude pretty much for his entire career. It is a trademark of his, at this point, and it should come as no surprise to anyone who follows the team."

"So not one coach or league source quoted with ANY problem with Belichick missing it? Aren't you infering quite a bit from the "humorous" comments from the other coaches? What leads you to believe they were upset? I don't see ANY actual information in the article. Reiss, you're better than that. That's complete garbage and you should be ashamed."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I was pretty disappointed in Mike Reiss's take on it.I thought he knew Belichcik better than this.   http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6247191
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Agreed. Reiss will lose a lot of readers now.  I may just stick to Pats.com and Andy Hart or just with Tom Curran's work.

I have lost a lot of respect for Reiss with this one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Apparently, Shalise Manza-Young was crushed as she repeatedly looked at her watch after scarfing down her free breakfast. Anyone who has been to some kind of a convention knows how draining they can be and if you skip some part of it for personal or business reasons, who cares?  No one does. Except the Boston Globe and Shalise Manza-Young. Apparently, it's the end of the world because BB chose to work out instead of mingle with coaches and the media for 111th hour of this weekend convention. From 7:15 AM to 7:45 AM he probably was figuring out another way to fleece some team on draft day. lol
    Posted by BBReigns

Great Post

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

For whatever reason, he has a bone to pick with the NFL central office, and has had this attitude pretty much for his entire career.

He has a half million reasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I stuck up for Reiss before but I agree with Killa now. I too read the article the other day and was shocked by what Reiss was trying to imply, especially with loaded opinions on his part!

Maybe ESPN has sunk their teeth in him?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Maybe Reiss got a raise? He's avoided that stuff for over a year, so it's very odd to see it now.

If I went to a convention and there was a non-mandatory breakfast at 7 AM and one or more people were missing, I would think this:

1. Hungover.
    2. Diarhhea/The Runs/Puking/Can't make it
    3. Out so late, the extra hour or hours is needed.
    4. Not a breakfast person.
    5. Working.

I would not think, "oh my colleague thinks he/she is better than me". That's just more media rhetoric/assumption that it's what it meant. 

Unreal.

What a ridiculous premise. It's not mandatory.  It sounds like BB was working out, anyway. Maybe he doesn't eat a large breakfast, etc?

Also, it's not like the guy didn't give plenty of time to the media already.

This infatuation, which is incredibly unhealthy from the media, is completely over the top.

I am sure the other coaches could care less if any coach skipped a breakfast at 7 AM.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Would any of you want to face the stupid questions the media throws at you just to "catch you"?  All the media cares about is drumming up interest for themselves and to make mountains out of mole hills.  BB does not want any part of that spectacle!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Belichick's probably thinking, hmmm, 18 holes of golf or pancakes with Rex Ryan.  Tough one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Could very well be true. I can only go by what I see, and Reiss stuck to the facts and had solid analysis.

But, maybe ESPN wanted more?  And by "more", we know what that means.

National Enquirer "more". Or Fox News or MSNBC "more".

If so, that will alienate a lot of Pats fans who enjoyed his solid/good work there.  His assistants do a nice job gathering data and making interesting points, too.

A shame, really. 

We are stuck with Gasper and Manza-Young here.  Bedard is better than Breer, but that was easy to accomplish based on his agenda driven track record and lack of understanding/being able to form his own assessments.

Breer is a classic case of "my contacts tell me" with his reporting.

Reiss was basically doing it from his own perspective. This one was clearly out of line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Did anyone expect B.B. to be there.....c'mon be serious..A quick side note,I,too,was disappointed by Reiss's response..He should know better.Perhaps working for ESPN kills brain cells as well as watching or listining.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sorry but I stick by Reiss.. guys been honest will all his monday morning qb-ing. Belichick was there and IF he looked in the room and walked by thats insorbidnation. I love Bill B.. he could be my father-in-law *wink* I dont blame him for not going it'd be all Merriweather questions and just BS questions. But.... yes theres always the butt. I've been the sacrificial Azz for my company and will be the sacrificail AzZ again. Like he preaches "sometimes you have to take one for the team" Reiss did his job.
    i hope he continues.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If anyone wants to comment on the Mike Reiss article,he's doing a chat on ESPN today at Noon.Here's a link:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/37555

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: LOL Belichick!! : Thats the worst part about ESPN. You have these clowns say "sources close to the team say.......and then nothing even close to that happens. Man up and tell who your secret sources are or else your story is a total load of BS.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Right. And those "sources" are probably just underlings who are just assuming or guessing like anyone could.

Breer was such a tool here and is still a tool.  Could he come off any more awkward when interviewed on tv, too?

He's a bumbling fool trying to speak.  Some little turd who's daddy got him a job out of college where he's worn out his welcome everywhere he's been.

He has "sources" in Dallas and SD. I remember him mentioning it.

You wonder why BB doesn't give serious answers most of the time?  The questions are loaded questions 90% of the time and have nothing to do with football itself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: LOL Belichick!! : Thats the worst part about ESPN. You have these clowns say "sources close to the team say.......and then nothing even close to that happens. Man up and tell who your secret sources are or else your story is a total load of BS.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

I'll never forget the story, a couple years ago, that ESPN aired -- I'm pretty sure it was Mr. Peepers -- about Brad Childress having imposed a deadline for Brett Favre to be in Vikings camp (the first time). Chilly himself went on national radio refuting the story, essentially saying he had never imposed any such deadline and there were never any discussions about anything like that, and further, that he didn't belive anyone in his organization would invent such nonsense (Chilly couldn't coach or run a team, but he was a pretty funny guy to listen to, sometimes).

And yet, after all that -- after the guy they had lied about actually went on the air and boldly called them liars (in all but name) -- ESPN issued a release stating, unequivocally, that is was sticking by its "reporter" and his "sources."

Killa is dead wrong about the potential future of Peyton Manning in Minnesota, but he's right about ESPN.

Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Chris Mortensen got caught a couple years ago with a Pats issue (I forget what it was) and he basically had to apologize because it was so unprofessional.

Sections
Shortcuts