Lombardi on WEEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Lombardi on WEEI

According to Lombardi, the pats played a very vanilla gameplan on offense and D against the Jags and he expects them to do the same against the fins, unless the colts win. So if they do not win impressively or lose,  it might not be that they are slumping or have lost their edge. Just not wanting to show a lot on film for future playoff opponents. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Lombardi on WEEI

Good idea but please don't let our QB get crushed while doing so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good, hopefully everyone can get healthy and with a little luck we can get a bye.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

What's up with all the vanilla talk on threads this week?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good idea but please don't let our QB get crushed while doing so.

[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking also. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Really?  I heard on here that Brady sucked and the team sucks and the Pats will certainly lose in the first round of the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I read that Lombardi is in the running for a GM job somewhere...plenty of openings after this weekend.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

You got another thing comin', Rust.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The warnings were out people!! Don't mooooock meeeee! Don't you mock me! Don't do it.

Lombardi is your favorite - best ever - for a day analyst this week, eh rust? No one cares what this guys says or any other analyst...I don't care if he is best buddies (in your book) with Belichick. I don't care that he used to empty Belichick's trash when they were together. If we were "vanilla" it wasn't because the Patriots were preparing for a playoff team (that they don't know who it will be) three weeks before the game (four if we get the bye).

We are 16 weeks into THIS season, how much exactly could we show before the playoffs that will give a team an edge on us? Really? I mean, I can understand throwing some different wrinkles here or there, but aside from showing those wrinkles right now I don't think we're trying to hide anything. We have the best winning percentage in December over the last ten years for a reason...it's not because we go vanilla and no longer game plan.

Stick to Tylenol sales...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Guardian of the Forum

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^Gutless phony.   You just said 72 hours ago that "Rusty always says stuff like that and says that at the end of every year", making it seem like my points were somehow completely outlandish.

It was VERY OBVIOUS FROM THE FIRST SERIES THAT THEY WERE GOING VANILLA AS MANY OF US SUSPECTED since we've been following this team prior to 2007, unlike you, Mr. Bandwagon.

Now, again, embarassed and exposed, you still can't admit you said that. Instead, you are off to back another set of cupcakes like a little girl.  lol

[/QUOTE]

Yeah they were real vanilla going shot gun spread most of the game and getting Brady killed...running double reverses with their best reciever and allowing their best reciever to get his clock cleaned on punt returns. Vanilla. If they didn't blitz much it was because they didn't want to leave your boy toy Arrington in single coverage on the outside where he can get burned again for long, back breaking touchdown catch and runs. It happens when that guy has to play out there.

You make me laugh though - Lombardi is your new flavor of the week because he says something, yet Belichick comes out this summer and tells the world why he didn't run the ball more last season and you ignore it.

Tell me...we are a vanilla December team? We don't game plan for the opponent during the last three weeks of the season every year, correct? What? What did you say??

Maybe you can discuss with Lombardi how you wanted to trade Brady after his second interception of the season? Maybe you can give Pioli a call? He might want to trade that top 5 quarterback Cassell (remember that one?) straight up for Brady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We went vanilla when we still had something to play for?  Brady was ticked off for what reason?  Reporters overheard him ripping on his fellow teammates in the locker room because he was just pretending to be mad?  We let our franchise QB get pummeled and knocked down?

I'll admit, I was thinking for a few seconds perhaps they want to show teams false tendencies going into the playoffs.  I'm not sure I can buy that.  Again, we had something to play for (seeding).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

id expect the same thing this week. close game, patriots do just enough to win.  the first playoff game the Patriots will be the Patriots. home field would have been nice, especially with the bye. but lets face it, the patriots can beat any of these teams no matter where they play. the only thing i'm a little concerned about is playing in denver, not that denver is better but it seems like every time we play manning in the playoffs there are always phantom P.I. calls that put manning in first and goal. 2006 AFC Championship game there were a couple of them. Hate to blame the refs but it happens too often. we will still win though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Guardian of the Forum

[/QUOTE]

Nice

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

id expect the same thing this week. close game, patriots do just enough to win.  the first playoff game the Patriots will be the Patriots. home field would have been nice, especially with the bye. but lets face it, the patriots can beat any of these teams no matter where they play. the only thing i'm a little concerned about is playing in denver, not that denver is better but it seems like every time we play manning in the playoffs there are always phantom P.I. calls that put manning in first and goal. 2006 AFC Championship game there were a couple of them. Hate to blame the refs but it happens too often. we will still win though.

[/QUOTE]

oh bull thats all u pats fans do! come on

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I wouldn't get too excited over the term "vanilla" used by Lombardi.  It's pretty relative.   You're playing the Jags for cryin' out loud.  They can be exposed using the simplist of plays.  But the Pats managed to play down to the competition.  That's the reason Brady went ballistic. 

BB was on WEEI and said the it was the game plan that was at fault for the poor showing.  The coaching staff thought the Jags would show their regular play but the Jags changed it up making it a little confusing at the beginning of the game.   So, there was a snafu in the perparation of the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB speaks and slams the resident know-it-all, but knows nothing...troll

Belichick said that Gronkowski's status for Week 17 remains a medical decision, and while resting starters would be a consideration if the game had no impact on playoff seedings, with a potential top two seed on the line with a win, it is not this week.

"Not in this particular case, because there's nothing we can do to help ourselves unless we beat Miami," Belichick said. "There's nothing we can do to help our situation unless we win, we have to win for anything to happen positive. And that's no guarantee that it will, but that's the first prerequisite. So that's what we [are] operating under, that premise. We've got to go out there and win. If we want things to be better, we have to help ourselves, we have to do that first. That's really what it's all about."

By that same token, Belichick said that the team is not preparing to hold anything back from a game plan standpoint so as to keep those plays and schemes off of film for its first playoff opponent to study.

"I think that definitely would be a consideration if the game didn't mean anything, standings-wise," he said. "Kind of like a preseason game, we're out here playing, but the game really doesn't count in the standings, it counts in your development as a team. But I think when you're in a situation like we are, where you need to win to improve, then its worth winning to improve."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The defense was vanilla, all the guys that sat would've started had it been a playoff game, but BB wanted to rest them. The offense, on the other hand, was not running a vanilla offense. They just got beat up. 

A bad offensive outing is a bad sign, a bad defensive outing is expected. 

McCourty at CB is a huge drop off from Talib, Arrington at CB is a gigantic drop off from Dennard. And Dennard is only a shade ahead of McCourty in my opinion, that's how bad Arrington is out there. This week, the Pats will sit Spikes, Talib, Dennard and Gronk like last week. I'm sure BB wants to see if Chung's performance was an anomaly or if he's improved that much. We're going to see McCourty and Arrington back at the CB position. 

Once again, McCourty and Arrington are the two CBs who gave up the second most yards in NFL history. I don't want to hear people whining about the defense, you're getting a duct tape and spit held secondary again this week. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh bull thats all u pats fans do! come on

[/QUOTE]

Then Tom Coughlin must be the biggest Pats fans cause he's always blaming the refs. What a joker, only the loser Giants would lose the division to a rookie QB and The Cowboys. =l

Can't believe we lost to you tools. SMDH!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick said that Gronkowski's status for Week 17 remains a medical decision, and while resting starters would be a consideration if the game had no impact on playoff seedings, with a potential top two seed on the line with a win, it is not this week.

"Not in this particular case, because there's nothing we can do to help ourselves unless we beat Miami," Belichick said. "There's nothing we can do to help our situation unless we win, we have to win for anything to happen positive. And that's no guarantee that it will, but that's the first prerequisite. So that's what we [are] operating under, that premise. We've got to go out there and win. If we want things to be better, we have to help ourselves, we have to do that first. That's really what it's all about."

By that same token, Belichick said that the team is not preparing to hold anything back from a game plan standpoint so as to keep those plays and schemes off of film for its first playoff opponent to study.

"I think that definitely would be a consideration if the game didn't mean anything, standings-wise," he said. "Kind of like a preseason game, we're out here playing, but the game really doesn't count in the standings, it counts in your development as a team. But I think when you're in a situation like we are, where you need to win to improve, then its worth winning to improve."

[/QUOTE]

Team sources say that if this was a playoff game that Gronk would lace up. He's been gone from 6 games now, it should only take a month to heal. No, one doesn't usually get set backs with broken arms. 

So...Rusty was right. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Team sources say that if this was a playoff game that Gronk would lace up. He's been gone from 6 games now, it should only take a month to heal. No, one doesn't usually get set backs with broken arms. 

So...Rusty was right. 

[/QUOTE]

Rusty was right? Why because we are letting our best weapon on offense fully heal? I don't think you're going to find a person in all of New England that doesn't think that's a good idea.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts