Lombardi on WEEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Lombardi on WEEI

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB speaks and slams the resident know-it-all, but knows nothing...troll

Belichick said that Gronkowski's status for Week 17 remains a medical decision, and while resting starters would be a consideration if the game had no impact on playoff seedings, with a potential top two seed on the line with a win, it is not this week.

"Not in this particular case, because there's nothing we can do to help ourselves unless we beat Miami," Belichick said. "There's nothing we can do to help our situation unless we win, we have to win for anything to happen positive. And that's no guarantee that it will, but that's the first prerequisite. So that's what we [are] operating under, that premise. We've got to go out there and win. If we want things to be better, we have to help ourselves, we have to do that first. That's really what it's all about."

By that same token, Belichick said that the team is not preparing to hold anything back from a game plan standpoint so as to keep those plays and schemes off of film for its first playoff opponent to study.

"I think that definitely would be a consideration if the game didn't mean anything, standings-wise," he said. "Kind of like a preseason game, we're out here playing, but the game really doesn't count in the standings, it counts in your development as a team. But I think when you're in a situation like we are, where you need to win to improve, then its worth winning to improve."

[/QUOTE]

Team sources say that if this was a playoff game that Gronk would lace up. He's been gone from 6 games now, it should only take a month to heal. No, one doesn't usually get set backs with broken arms. 

So...Rusty was right. 

[/QUOTE]

OH jeeze BB said Gronk will play when given a medical release.

BB said they are GAMEPLANNING and crusto says they're not.

BB says they're not holding anything back and crusto says they are.

How the he11 is he right?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Lombardi, the pats played a very vanilla gameplan on offense and D against the Jags and he expects them to do the same against the fins, unless the colts win. So if they do not win impressively or lose,  it might not be that they are slumping or have lost their edge. Just not wanting to show a lot on film for future playoff opponents. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Lombardi is full of garbage on this one.  They're going into week 17...you think there's not enough tape on the Pats to know what they want to do?  Taking a couple weeks off in week 16 and 17 isn't going to mean squat in terms of subterfuge going into the playoffs.

The only thing that is a toss up going into the playoffs is going to be the health of the team...Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, that overpriced albatross Mankins, Talib, etc...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good idea but please don't let our QB get crushed while doing so.

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother! Whatever the game plan, the hits that Brady has taken over the past several weeks is a major cause for concern.  The OL needs to start playing ball.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rusty, you are the guy that runs around these boards telling everyone in September that Belichick is holding back his schemes until December. Remember those rants?? Now your telling us that he is holding back December for January. Laughing out loud!!

If the defense plays bad in January, are you going to say Belichick is holding it back for preseason?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think from a philosophical standpoint you would never admit to the public or your football team if you weren't fully committed.  What does that mean?  Don't run as hard, tackle as hard, study as hard.  

IMO BB has 2 priorities.  1- enter the playoffs healthy.  2. Win at Miami. In that order.  So I would give anyone dinged up a little more rest and rotate players through to keep them fresh but I certainly wouldn't let them know that I was doing anything different.  

As far as schemes go I don't know if it was vanilla.  I don't believe schemes win football games anyway.  I think they just tried to win with a few guys out and played poorly in JAX.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, you are the guy that runs around these boards telling everyone in September that Belichick is holding back his schemes until December. Remember those rants?? Now your telling us that he is holding back December for January. Laughing out loud!!

If the defense plays bad in January, are you going to say Belichick is holding it back for preseason?

[/QUOTE]

WHy is that funny? Mike Lombardi agrees with me. He also happens to be astute and intelligent. Why would any coach pull out all the tricks, so to speak, against a 2-12 Jax team?

I know YOU would, because you are as dumb as a bag of rocks. lol

[/QUOTE]

I love how you say Belichick will have something different rolled up his sleeve for the playoffs...you think? Thank you Captain Obvious!

In other breaking news..tomorrow will be Sunday, Tuesday will be the start of a new year and it might be cold in the north east.

And tool bag, Lombradi doesn't agree with you - no one agrees with you. You think Lombardi would of traded Brady after the Cardinal's game this year? Like you. You think Lombardi feels Alex Smith plays a better brand of football than Brady? Like you. Do you think Lombardi thinks Clay Mathews is overrated and just way too into himself?

And I hate to break it to you...Felger and Lombardi are good buds:)

here's the link...http//www.rustyisadumbtoolbag/tylenolsalesman/lackofmilkatbirthmoron.com 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Hoping this all helps get the team healthy. WIth a win...

And to the comment about an overpriced Mankins - he is the best O lineman on this team. Ask BB. And watch the tape. And if you are oging to point to him missing any time, consider (1) that he has played much of his career with injuries including the SB and (2) BB does seem to gives key players time to recover during the year to help them get ready for playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHy is that funny? Mike Lombardi agrees with me. He also happens to be astute and intelligent. Why would any coach pull out all the tricks, so to speak, against a 2-12 Jax team?

I know YOU would, because you are as dumb as a bag of rocks. lol

[/QUOTE]

I love how you say Belichick will have something different rolled up his sleeve for the playoffs...you think? Thank you Captain Obvious!

In other breaking news..tomorrow will be Sunday, Tuesday will be the start of a new year and it might be cold in the north east.

And tool bag, Lombradi doesn't agree with you - no one agrees with you. You think Lombardi would of traded Brady after the Cardinal's game this year? Like you. You think Lombardi feels Alex Smith plays a better brand of football than Brady? Like you. Do you think Lombardi thinks Clay Mathews is overrated and just way too into himself?

And I hate to break it to you...Felger and Lombardi are good buds:)

here's the link...http//www.rustyisadumbtoolbag/tylenolsalesman/lackofmilkatbirthmoron.com 

[/QUOTE]

Well, why would he start using that in Jax in Week 16 against a 2-12 team?

You can't backpedal now.  What I am telling you is, he won't use plays he wants as surprises in the postseason, as plays he wants used in what is essentially a scrimmage setting vs a 2-12 Jax team.

The fact that game was so close is a tribute to Jax's D outplaying our sluggish offense.

Imagine if BB needed to pull some stuff out because Brady was so bad? You're a moron.

There's a reason why Brady was so angry postgame. He sucked running basic plays with a vanilla gameplan, dummy!

[/QUOTE]

You completely missed the point of MtHurl's post.

You've been falling back on Lombardi over the years as someone who backs up your rhetoric with regards to the Patriots, Belichick, and their interworkings. Lombardi is a god in your eyes, and you piggy back off him because he happens to share about 3% of your opinions, and he ocassionally confirms one of your theories.

With that said, as MtHurl referenced, you make other incredibly asinine statements on a regular basis, none of which Lombardi would possibly agree with. Saying that Mike Lombardi agrees with you is like saying I'm a black woman (I'm a purebread Anglo-Saxon, European male). 

With regards to the football aspect, I do suspect that preparation has gone towards potential playoff opponents, and that it's likely that they did less game planning for Jacksonville than Houston or San Fran, but that doesn't mean that there was NO prep. To pretend that you had any idea how much they prepared is ludicrous, and shows how arrogant you are.

I also just want to mention how funny it is that you use the lack of game planning to excuse the defense from any wrongdoing, but you hold the offense entirely accountable for their struggles. Either you're subliminally admitting that the offense is the stronger unit of the two, and therefore are expected to perform better, or you're practicing what we like to call a double-standard. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Excuse me Mr. Lombardi, got a second? I've got this great idea to demolish the shotgun spread and trade Brady for Alex Smith...mike....mike....hello...hello?