Lombardi Showing Path to Next Lombardi?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Lombardi Showing Path to Next Lombardi?

Is it a coincidence?

Mike Lombardi comes back to join BB in an active role within the organization and the FA process takes a 180 degree turn.

Does Revis come on board without Lombardi giving BB the proverbial V-8 head slap?

How did the conversation go?

(A) Lombardi:  "Bill, you are the greatest coach of the modern era, but you can't make filet mignon out of ground beef."

(B) Lombardi: "Bill, it's not your money.  You don't have to clip coupons and always look for the Blue Light Special."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Lombardi Showing Path to Next Lombardi?

Kraft says to Belichick--Enough of this BS, spend some money and get some players!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No guts no glory! BB beat everyone to the punch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was kool-aid?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Kraft says to Belichick--Enough of this BS, spend some money and get some players!!

I seriously doubt that that happened. The Pats have accomplished what they have because Bob Kraft is smart enough to let his football people make all the football decisions...unlike the yahoo in Dallas named Jones. Besides, my guess is that Revis was BB's "Plan B" to Talib all along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Was Lombardi with the Patriots when they signed Randy Moss?  Maybe Belichick, while generally reluctant to go all out in the free agent market, is wiling to make a splash when a truly exceptional player is available. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that that happened. The Pats have accomplished what they have because Bob Kraft is smart enough to et his football people make all the football decisions. Besides, my guess is that Revis was BB's "Plan B" to Talib all along.

[/QUOTE]

same here....now hopefully Revis stays healthy. I am suprised Denver signed Talib to so much for so long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that that happened. The Pats have accomplished what they have because Bob Kraft is smart enough to let his football people make all the football decisions...unlike the yahoo in Dallas named Jones. Besides, my guess is that Revis was BB's "Plan B" to Talib all along.

[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree and this is not the first time that BB has gone after a higher priced FA.  It's just been a couple of years since he's done it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Pats pounced on Revis within a couple of hours of being released.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was Lombardi with the Patriots when they signed Randy Moss?  Maybe Belichick, while generally reluctant to go all out in the free agent market, is wiling to make a splash when a truly exceptional player is available. 

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, Moss was a trade for a lower draft pick. BB has traded for a number of talented bad boys that came cheap. It's one of his strengths.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, Moss was a trade for a lower draft pick. BB has traded for a number of talented bad boys that came cheap. It's one of his strengths.

[/QUOTE]

Babe i will give him credit on this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe i will give him credit on this one.

[/QUOTE]

I agree BB should have signed Revis. I said as much to TexasPat before the deed. And I also said BB is much better off putting the money into one elite guy instead of spending it on 4 marginal stiffs.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

Mike Lombardi comes back to join BB in an active role within the organization and the FA process takes a 180 degree turn.

Does Revis come on board without Lombardi giving BB the proverbial V-8 head slap?

(A) Lombardi:  "Bill, you are the greatest coach of the modern era, but you can't make filet mignon out of ground beef."

(B) Lombardi: "Bill, it's not your money.  You don't have to clip coupons and always look for the Blue Light Special."

[/QUOTE]

oh oh ur inviting a Rusty attack of massive proportions here Catfish...don't u know Bellichick is the ultimate self made man who was ordained by Moses at Mt Sinai to invent football?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

not guts-more like we better get on our horse (no pun intended!) or Broncos will beat us by 4 tds next time! But a bold move? Yes and I can understand Pats fans being very pleased today

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not guts-more like we better get on our horse (no pun intended!) or Broncos will beat us by 4 tds next time! But a bold move? Yes and I can understand Pats fans being very pleased today

[/QUOTE]

It's clear that with a healthy Gronk and a healthy Talib that AFCCG is much closer.

But the deal here is that both BB and Elway realize the NFC is one step ahead of them. They are pulling out stops to try and close that gap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Is it a coincidence?

Hate to tell you, this is perfectly consistent with the way the Pats do business. Any time they've had the opportunity to get a "best in the business" player for reasonable money,  They have done it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

Hate to tell, you this is perfectly consistent with the way the Pats do business. Any time they've had the opportunity to get a "best in the business" player for reasonable money,  They have done it!

[/QUOTE]

is $12 million reasonable for a CB even the best in the biz? And would Pats have ever done this before ie: chasing Denver who is loading up? No not business as usual at all...i mean u can't even call them cheapskates now and that alone is rare!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Yes i think he is showing it !!!

Now, we need some help at WR (free agency), TE(free agency), C(draft), DE(draft), DT(draft)

Go pats !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell, you this is perfectly consistent with the way the Pats do business. Any time they've had the opportunity to get a "best in the business" player for reasonable money,  They have done it!

[/QUOTE]

is $12 million reasonable for a CB even the best in the biz? And would Pats have ever done this before ie: chasing Denver who is loading up? No not business as usual at all...i mean u can't even call them cheapskates now and that alone is rare!

[/QUOTE]

With what everyone else is paying for CBs, YUP! Revis was a bargain! Business as usual for the Pats!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

[/QUOTE]

That and also does BB do this without having the details of intimacy with Greg Schiano coaching him last year?  I think its a bit of those 2 plus the fact BB knew he HAD to do something after losing his top free agent AGAIN to Denver. I think the pressure was too much at that point. Either way, glad he is here for now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Hopefully Lombardi can convince BB that it's also time to get a couple of half way decent receivers for TB, possibly a good pass rusher...oh yeah, sign Woodyard too

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With what everyone else is paying for CBs, YUP! Revis was a bargain! Business as usual for the Pats!

[/QUOTE]

to me the Patriots signing a CB even Revis for that money- the Pats paying more than anyone else for any player- is not business as usual ...more power to them for a good move but no way this happens any other off season but this one

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

to me the Patriots signing a CB even Revis for that money- the Pats paying more than anyone else for any player- is not business as usual ...more power to them for a good move but no way this happens any other off season but this one

[/QUOTE]

It could be the Lombardi factor. BB may actually have asked him to assess the situation and listened for a change. Obviously the bringing in Lombardi move is highly unusual.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's happened before you just aren't a fan so don't really follow the Pats.  You should really redo your math Talib is the highest paid player at his position this year!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It could be the Lombardi factor. BB may actually have asked him to assess the situation and listened for a change. Obviously the bringing in Lombardi move is highly unusual.

[/QUOTE]

u know the Rusty one is stewing knowing that above statement supports at least some of ur BB as GM criticisms...just the suggestion BB had help or needed it will drive him batty! Haha

Sections
Shortcuts