[QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
[QUOTE]

Is it a coincidence?

Mike Lombardi comes back to join BB in an active role within the organization and the FA process takes a 180 degree turn.

Does Revis come on board without Lombardi giving BB the proverbial V-8 head slap?

How did the conversation go?

(A) Lombardi:  "Bill, you are the greatest coach of the modern era, but you can't make filet mignon out of ground beef."

(B) Lombardi: "Bill, it's not your money.  You don't have to clip coupons and always look for the Blue Light Special."

[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell, you this is perfectly consistent with the way the Pats do business. Any time they've had the opportunity to get a "best in the business" player for reasonable money,  They have done it!

[/QUOTE]

is $12 million reasonable for a CB even the best in the biz? And would Pats have ever done this before ie: chasing Denver who is loading up? No not business as usual at all...i mean u can't even call them cheapskates now and that alone is rare!

[/QUOTE]

With what everyone else is paying for CBs, YUP! Revis was a bargain! Business as usual for the Pats!

[/QUOTE]

to me the Patriots signing a CB even Revis for that money- the Pats paying more than anyone else for any player- is not business as usual ...more power to them for a good move but no way this happens any other off season but this one

[/QUOTE]

It's happened before you just aren't a fan so don't really follow the Pats.  You should really redo your math Talib is the highest paid player at his position this year!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say highest paid I said higher than anyone else would or above what that position is generally valued at even for a player of Darelle's status...i think it is business as not usual but I understand it as the team they need to beat is loading up...as I said great move