In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Is it a coincidence?

Mike Lombardi comes back to join BB in an active role within the organization and the FA process takes a 180 degree turn.

Does Revis come on board without Lombardi giving BB the proverbial V-8 head slap?

How did the conversation go?

(A) Lombardi:  "Bill, you are the greatest coach of the modern era, but you can't make filet mignon out of ground beef."

(B) Lombardi: "Bill, it's not your money.  You don't have to clip coupons and always look for the Blue Light Special."

Hate to tell, you this is perfectly consistent with the way the Pats do business. Any time they've had the opportunity to get a "best in the business" player for reasonable money,  They have done it!

is $12 million reasonable for a CB even the best in the biz? And would Pats have ever done this before ie: chasing Denver who is loading up? No not business as usual at all...i mean u can't even call them cheapskates now and that alone is rare!

With what everyone else is paying for CBs, YUP! Revis was a bargain! Business as usual for the Pats!

to me the Patriots signing a CB even Revis for that money- the Pats paying more than anyone else for any player- is not business as usual ...more power to them for a good move but no way this happens any other off season but this one

It's happened before you just aren't a fan so don't really follow the Pats.  You should really redo your math Talib is the highest paid player at his position this year!

I didn't say highest paid I said higher than anyone else would or above what that position is generally valued at even for a player of Darelle's status...i think it is business as not usual but I understand it as the team they need to beat is loading up...as I said great move