Lonely, Depressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

Lonely, Depressed

I am isolated and depressed and don't feel like talking to a shrink. (I watch the Pats so that is why I am on this board.) But I need to figure some sh*t out. I can't seem to do it alone and I am too scared to do it with a therapist. I've been burned by people and I have also burned them. I feel a lot of shame about both. I haven't talked to anyone in a while. So, I am going to try to intereact on this board. I am not really looking to meet a guy here. I'd rather just rap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Re: Lonely, Depressed

Hmmm.... The Patriots should help, but it's a looong week in between. Best wishes from North Carolina.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Careful.  This board is not known for its empathy, life solutions or spelling. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Been there lonely girl, it's good to reach out, you have an interest in the Pats that is good you can't let your passions wither. Keep going we'll help though there are good people here (Laz has way more problems than the rest of us and he is doing ok lol)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

Anyone that answers my post is courageous because I cannot give alot right now. I am hoping that by verbalizing some stuff here I will bring myself back to life. I have to admit I am reluctant to re-join the human race again. A part of me must enjoy this misery because I do not want to take steps to improve nor do I wish to tell my friends because they will think I'm f.u'd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Well Leon this is certainly a different twist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

you're depressed no shame there, alot of us are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

For starters:
    Good vitamins
    A little bit of sunshine
    Find a Church and attend

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

vitamins~yes
    good diet~yes
    exercise~yes
    get a dog or cat
    skip church they only seek to divide

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

Sh*t all started when I started "drinking/using/acting out" again. I had been doing great for almost a year and then everything fell apart. I can't face the people in the 12 step program I have gone to nor can I face my boyfriend. I freaked out and just left the house. He is pissed that I just left without dealing with stuff or asking for his help. Since I have screwed up many times before he says he has had enough and he can't do it any longer. I am really pissed at myself that I f.u. again. I can't forgive myelf and I don't think anyone else should either. I have thought about just using/acting out forever but this does not seem to work either.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

LG, find some things to take up your time. Join a gym and work your butt off, that makes me feel better that I'm taking care of myself.

You said you didn't want your friends to find out.......there must be one you can confide in right?

No booze or drugs.....they'll just make the process that much longer and harder.

Smile and do good things for strangers....run with the Karma thing!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Listen to Brian Wilson's music. Always works for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Almost forgot....remember this is a Patriots forum. If you put up to many non football related posts you'll get jumped on from an angry pack of wolves!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    LG, find some things to take up your time. Join a gym and work your butt off, that makes me feel better that I'm taking care of myself. You said you didn't want your friends to find out.......there must be one you can confide in right? No booze or drugs.....they'll just make the process that much longer and harder. Smile and do good things for strangers....run with the Karma thing!!
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I know you are right. I did not use last nite even though I was tempted to. I spoke with my sister and she did not judge me but that was 5 days ago but there is an unwritten family rule that you can only ask for help once. So, I have used up my allotment till next year.
    I think the exercise thing is right on, and helping others is very important but I can't seem to move my butt out of the house.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Anyone that answers my post is courageous because I cannot give alot right now. I am hoping that by verbalizing some stuff here I will bring myself back to life. I have to admit I am reluctant to re-join the human race again. A part of me must enjoy this misery because I do not want to take steps to improve nor do I wish to tell my friends because they will think I'm f.u'd.
    Posted by LonelyGirl

A "friend" wouldn't think such a thing. A friend would try to help. So, these can't be friends.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

you're depressed no shame there, alot of us are.
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11

Nobody seems to talk about on this forum. Everybody seems to have all the answers at least when it comes to football.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The dog idea is a good one (if you can commit - ignored pets are a tragedy).

As for people - I find that honest people with integrity make better friends. As for yourself - be a person of honesty and integrity! And be honest to yourself. Do not try to be who you are not but at the same time try to be the best sort of person you can be. Be the person within you who you would be proud to call a friend. Also, if you strive for what is possible and not want (have to have) what is not possible you will be a happier person.

I do not know what many things brought you to being lonely and depressed... grieving? lost opportunities? victimized by others (or even yourself)? Or something else altogether... But whatever the causes, everyone has the capacity to be generous and offer companionship to others AND to themselves.

If this doesn't help, you should regulary watch reruns of the TV show Frazier.

Or take up sailing or backpacking. Being in balance with nature (even for brief periods) does something for the soul.

Lastly, Watch the Pats beat the heck out of everyone else (especially the Jets).
    Oh... and smile.. its been demonstrated that smiling makes you feel better and frowning makes you unhappy. So - smile...Smile

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

LG, if comng onto this forum is theraputic at al , I say keep on. The real fans that regularly post here are avery diverse and entertaining bunch! I read more than post so only a few regs recongnize me, but they are as genuine as a total stranger can be! I (hopefully we) hope the best for you, as you are very brave trusting total stangers. Focus on cleaning up and being content with who you are, knowing life is worth living! Don't sweat the small sh*t (it's all small sh*t!) Things will get better!KMc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Keep talking/posting, LG.  Just expressing your feelings and thoughts is often good therapy.  Beyond that, it would be helpful to find something that interests you that does not involve apparent self-destructive behavior.  Many of us have been down troubling roads in our lives.  As one who has, I found that the world looked darkest before I actually acted to change it.  Wish you well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

if you are on prescription meds, continue to take them; especially if you've been diagnosed with things like bi-polar disease.

Hold yourself accountable for your decisions, make amends if you need to, move on  when you've done your best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB's 3rd down D was depressing last year. I hope it imporves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

The dog idea is a good one (if you can commit - ignored pets are a tragedy). As for people - I find that honest people with integrity make better friends. As for yourself - be a person of honesty and integrity! And be honest to yourself. Do not try to be who you are not but at the same time try to be the best sort of person you can be. Be the person within you who you would be proud to call a friend. Also, if you strive for what is possible and not want (have to have) what is not possible you will be a happier person. I do not know what many things brought you to being lonely and depressed... grieving? lost opportunities? victimized by others (or even yourself)? Or something else altogether... But whatever the causes, everyone has the capacity to be generous and offer companionship to others AND to themselves. If this doesn't help, you should regulary watch reruns of the TV show Frazier. Or take up sailing or backpacking. Being in balance with nature (even for brief periods) does something for the soul. Lastly, Watch the Pats beat the heck out of everyone else (especially the Jets). Oh... and smile.. its been demonstrated that smiling makes you feel better and frowning makes you unhappy. So - smile...
    Posted by portfolio1

The problem has been that I have not been a person of honesty and integrity. I have compromised this on many occasions and left myself with no self esteem in the process. In fact, I just hated myself for my dishonesty. That's what started off the latest round of using/acting out. You are so right that I need to be honest. But, honesty is hard when all you claim to honest about is being a "f.u.". I guess it's a start but you are right I need to lead a life of honesty and integrity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

if you are on prescription meds, continue to take them; especially if you've been diagnosed with things like bi-polar disease. Hold yourself accountable for your decisions, make amends if you need to, move on  when you've done your best.
    Posted by anonymis

Yes, I have amends to make.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Yeah whatever, Leon.

Sections
Shortcuts