1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

Re: Lonely, Depressed

In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]Yeah whatever, Leon.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

This is serious sh*t.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hope I'm wrong but wasn't there a person with about the same name around the draft time that posted something similar, and also after the season lose to the Jets, and before the season last year?

Lonelygirl - if you really need help then your more then welcome to stick around and chat all you want but seeing a professional is the best idea when you feel up to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]I hope I'm wrong but wasn't there a person with about the same name around the draft time that posted something similar, and also after the season lose to the Jets, and before the season last year? Lonelygirl - if you really need help then your more then welcome to stick around and chat all you want but seeing a professional is the best idea when you feel up to it.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  If this is indeed someone on here with these types of issues, the Patriots message board probably isn't the first place one would go for help.  If this is someone pretending to be a depressed individual, then that is reprehensible and reckless behavior.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : This is serious sh*t.
    Posted by LonelyGirl[/QUOTE]

And there are many, many serious places to go to handle a problem as severe as depression.

A Patriots bulletin board is not one of them...but we all agree you need help, Leon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Whatever you do, don't watch or listen to a Bill Belichick press conference, it can lead sane people to suicidal thoughts, tendencies, etc. Also if you go to a game - plan to spend upwards of ten dollars a beer...which is depressing.

I find Christmas morning is a tad of a let down (the whole "Santa is mom and dad" speech kind of killed it). Same for the Easter Bunny. Hell even Thanksgiving is a kick in the nuts, with all that fancy amino acid floating through the bird...making me all tired and stuff. Depressing:( 

We must carry on though. Like a moth to the flame burned by the fire, your love is blind, can you feel my desire. Janet Jackson 1992.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Problems with drinking sometimes stem from other problems such as insecurity or feelings of low esteem. Sometimes they can be tied to an inherited predisposition to addiction to alcohol. Working through it is not an easy thing. ANd it is common for both those who care for someone struggling with this and for the person themself to become upset with the person dealing with the problem.

Some of what is needed is patience. The sort that you most likely have to learn because there are almost always many stumbles along the way. Something else that is also needed and is generally learned is developing a quiet, inner strength. The AA step of admitting out loud to the problem is a part of how this strength is developed. You learn to face truths BOTH good and bad. To remove the idea of shame and replace it with the idea that you can become the captain of your own life rather than leaving it to fate or time or drink or someone else.

You do not develop inner strength overnight any more than you develop a perfect body overnight. It takes time, patience and work. But even as you start to... even earlier on, you begin to see that you are worth liking. And others will eventually start to see that too. Do not ask more of someone than you do not yet give. Either to yourself or to others. In this way you will also begin to develop more patience with others. You might not act out so quickly with others. And as you see your own strength beginning to grow you will find you can like yourself more... and you will have more reason to.

If you go out and feel clean rain on your face or warm sunshine you have a moment of joy in the world. In the same way you will have a moment of joy in yourself. And you will realize you can have more of those moments.

You might also find some strength in listening to music or reading certain books. Or being artistic or creative in some way. Just bear in mind that it is for your sense of things... not to make someone else impressed with you. It is finding ways to find YOUR OWN balance with yourself, with the world and with others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : Thank you!  If this is indeed someone on here with these types of issues, the Patriots message board probably isn't the first place one would go for help.  If this is someone pretending to be a depressed individual, then that is reprehensible and reckless behavior.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

You are right that it is not the best place to handle the issue. When I get the courage I will look for other solutions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

[QUOTE]Problems with drinking sometimes stem from other problems such as insecurity or feelings of low esteem. Sometimes they can be tied to an inherited predisposition to addiction to alcohol. Working through it is not an easy thing. ANd it is common for both those who care for someone struggling with this and for the person themself to become upset with the person dealing with the problem. Some of what is needed is patience. The sort that you most likely have to learn because there are almost always many stumbles along the way. Something else that is also needed and is generally learned is developing a quiet, inner strength. The AA step of admitting out loud to the problem is a part of how this strength is developed. You learn to face truths BOTH good and bad. To remove the idea of shame and replace it with the idea that you can become the captain of your own life rather than leaving it to fate or time or drink or someone else. You do not develop inner strength overnight any more than you develop a perfect body overnight. It takes time, patience and work. But even as you start to... even earlier on, you begin to see that you are worth liking. And others will eventually start to see that too. Do not ask more of someone than you do not yet give. Either to yourself or to others. In this way you will also begin to develop more patience with others. You might not act out so quickly with others. And as you see your own strength beginning to grow you will find you can like yourself more... and you will have more reason to. If you go out and feel clean rain on your face or warm sunshine you have a moment of joy in the world. In the same way you will have a moment of joy in yourself. And you will realize you can have more of those moments. You might also find some strength in listening to music or reading certain books. Or being artistic or creative in some way. Just bear in mind that it is for your sense of things... not to make someone else impressed with you. It is finding ways to find YOUR OWN balance with yourself, with the world and with others.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

It looks like Leon has has a good many of you on the ropes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]I am isolated and depressed and don't feel like talking to a shrink. (I watch the Pats so that is why I am on this board.) But I need to figure some sh*t out. I can't seem to do it alone and I am too scared to do it with a therapist. I've been burned by people and I have also burned them. I feel a lot of shame about both. I haven't talked to anyone in a while. So, I am going to try to intereact on this board. I am not really looking to meet a guy here. I'd rather just rap.

That's becuase you haven't met me yet honey.  I'm good looking, in an awesome band and in real good shape. I'm like Jason Stackhouse but better, cause i'm real.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : The problem has been that I have not been a person of honesty and integrity. I have compromised this on many occasions and left myself with no self esteem in the process. In fact, I just hated myself for my dishonesty. That's what started off the latest round of using/acting out. You are so right that I need to be honest. But, honesty is hard when all you claim to honest about is being a "f.u.". I guess it's a start but you are right I need to lead a life of honesty and integrity.

I'm going to go on the assumption that you are real about all this.  It costs me nothing, and I'd rather not be a jerk to someone who needed help, anyway.  You need to start with YOU.  This is your life, its the only one you get.  You don't need to live it for anyone else's approval than yours.  If you are going to get anywhere, you need to at least not feel like you are dirt.  Have you screwed some people over?  O.K.  Have you screwed some things up? O.K.  Are you a sometimes drug and alchohol user?  O.K.  NONE of that makes you not worth liking, or talking to, or means you are less than other people.  It just means that if YOU are dissatisfied with your behaviour, you are unhappy with YOURSELF.  Acknowlege that, give yourself the opportunity to do better, and then do.  Been to some 12 steps myself.  They don't kick you off if you fall off the wagon.  Usually, they will just tell you it's because you stopped coming to meetings every day.  You can figure that part out on your own, I stopped going after 9 months and haven't drank for 22 years.  NOW is the moment you get.  You are good enough, and if someone doesn't think so, then they are the ones with the issue.  Like yourself where you are now, decide what you want to change, and start working on it.  Find something you used to enjoy before everything went south for you, and try it again.  Give yourself enjoyment, and as much happiness as you can.  DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP.  Work in progress.  Wake up, meet the day, be your own best friend, see who else agrees with you.  Apologize often, smile as much as you can, find enjoyment where it is.  Things will improve. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

This seems suspicious to me. LG this is not the place for that type of concern. You really are asking for the pack wolves by not being football related. Unless, of course, this is just a way to bump up your post numbers to try to fit in. Either way, I am just waiting for the hammer....  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]The human race is overrated. Most people are dumb and are not worth knowing. Im sure thet does not help much but my point is dont beat yourself up for feeling that way. As for "finding a church" if I were you wouldnt go that route. Just my 2 cents, church ends up being a crutch for people with addictions. I wont say how I know that just that I have experience with people who are in a bad way and church never helped any of them. Again just my two cents.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Jeez Killa' - I hope you never feel the need to volunteer for a suicide hotline - LOL :).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]The human race is overrated. Most people are dumb and are not worth knowing. Im sure thet does not help much but my point is dont beat yourself up for feeling that way. As for "finding a church" if I were you wouldnt go that route. Just my 2 cents, church ends up being a crutch for people with addictions. I wont say how I know that just that I have experience with people who are in a bad way and church never helped any of them. Again just my two cents.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Crutches actually have a purpose you know.  They can help people who are healing get around like normal people until they are better.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

[QUOTE]This seems suspicious to me. LG this is not the place for that type of concern. You really are asking for the pack wolves by not being football related. Unless, of course, this is just a way to bump up your post numbers to try to fit in. Either way, I am just waiting for the hammer....  
    Posted by xBruzer77[/QUOTE]

There is no "hammer". Sometimes, people just need help and are afraid to ask normal people in their life. Sometimes, people are too freaked out to talk and need to do it in the most anonymous place. I know a Pats forum is not the ideal place but I am desperate right now. I have been reading posts here for awhile without responding so I thought I would give it a go because it is completely anonymous. And this is better than nothing despite the occassional off the mark comment.

I don't like being in this position. I hope to take more substantial action soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

You need a good stiff one......drink I mean screw AA....humor is always good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : There is no "hammer". Sometimes, people just need help and are afraid to ask normal people in their life. Sometimes, people are too freaked out to talk and need to do it in the most anonymous place. I know a Pats forum is not the ideal place but I am desperate right now. I have been reading posts here for awhile without responding so I thought I would give it a go because it is completely anonymous. And this is better than nothing despite the occassional off the mark comment. I don't like being in this position. I hope to take more substantial action soon.
    Posted by LonelyGirl[/QUOTE]Well if it is theraputical, more power to you. Unfortunately what you are doing looks like a troll trying to fit in and lie low. If not I apologize, but I will reserve my opinion for now. Certainly the anonomous nature of the forum is safe. Good luck, and what about those Pats? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]I am not really looking to meet a guy here. I'd rather just rap.

I'm sorry LonelyGirl, but that has me rolling off my chair with laughter.  That's good because that is probably the last thing you need right now.  And I really hope a guy isn't looking to get involved after reading your post. That darn right depressing!

Now, you need to start feeling better about yourself so drop what you are doing and start exercising.  Go for a walk, a jog... something!  Fastest way to change your mood. Make some goals and get going on them.  Nothing big just small ones right now.  Listen, life is what you make of it.  For one thing, life is worth living.  Nothing can ever be so bad to where you feel like ending yours so hopefully you aren't at that point plus that is so selfish to do.  Anyways, its time to change and it won't be easy but once you do you will be glad you did.  Seek help if needed!

Ok, so there's my 2 cents worth.  Good luck!!!

P.S. Please post pictures!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone that answers my post is courageous because I cannot give alot right now. I am hoping that by verbalizing some stuff here I will bring myself back to life. I have to admit I am reluctant to re-join the human race again. A part of me must enjoy this misery because I do not want to take steps to improve nor do I wish to tell my friends because they will think I'm f.u'd.

Trust me, that response part regarding "this BDC Board NOT being known for empathy", is in itself, a kinda "half-truth" and stated kinda jokingly as well. 
    Yes, we can be kinda cold & cynical, and sometimes (even when we don't mean it)- sorta heartless too, on here.

But gotta be honest lonleygirl...This BDC Pats board, is full of GOOD people...VERY good people, en masse.  Our Regular long-time Members, in general & when it boils down to it, are pretty d#mn sincere & honestly caring, heartfelt people...FAR, far better than 99.9% of any Internet Message Boards I've ever been on, or heck- Even read just in passing.

Fact is, When We see someone coming in who appears sincere, real, and in what we determine, as honest In their need, and in their hurt.  No matter what that "hurt" is, Or even what that "need" is, It sorta doesn't matter to us...  Because If you come off as genuine in your request of support, An overwhelming majority of Us WILL stick by you and do our best to try to bring ya back up, even in the smallest but still very impt way...  

We're such cynics in this day & age, and on nameless message boards, it becomes all-too often that a genuine person who really COULD and DOES need just a bit of compassion or simple love, Gets thrown by the curb, By decent people who wouldn't neccesarily THROW them by the curb, simply & just because said real person's askance for some support, gets trivialized and mocked by so many of us, who've become hardened after bearing witness to many fake posters coming off with designs, alterior intentions, simple attention, and VERY almost despicable (imho) downright lies & or baiting, just to initialize a reaction (lol, WhateverTH "reaction" they're looking for outta someone...who knows?). 

And guess what?  Let's be straight, right?  We don't know IF even YOU are one of these people posing "in need of", but really just a person with ill-begotten designs, right?  And I ain't bein', Nor am I even SAYING that you, yourself, in fact ARE...no way.  We just have no way of knowing, right?  SEE, I'm being straight here for a reason...And despite what it initially appears, it's actually a very positive reason. 
         Ya see, I believe When and ONLY when, we can reveal our TRUE fears (and I'm talking about MY fear, even any worry that you're being insincere)-BUT once and only once we start to reveal our own worries, our own truths, our OWN little underlying and 99% of the time (unfortuantely), unspoken little "what if's" and "I...don't know..."- See once and only once we start bringing our true concerns about ANOTHER person's sincerety of emotion and person-

...Once this comes to light and out in the open...then we can begin building with a bit less worry about someone's false intentions.  Dig? 
    And regardless, lol- I guess when it comes down to it, I'd rather be played a fool anyways...and often.  Yup, pretty much Each & EVERY time.  I'd rather be "had" by 99 outta 100 people, IF I thought there was even 1 person who needed my help, TRULLY needed it, and coulda used it...BUT, I didn't give it and I didn't offer it to them, Because I was so jaded by those other 99 d#psh#ts who played me lol...

I guess what I'm saying is:  You've come off as pretty real & honest so far.  I, like most Regulars here, will help out any way We can.
    <there...as usual for me, it only took 17 paragraphs just to get out that 1 line thought />

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

And regardless, lol- I guess when it comes down to it, I'd rather be played a fool anyways...and often.  Yup, pretty much Each & EVERY time.  I'd rather be "had" by 99 outta 100 people, IF I thought there was even 1 person who needed my help, TRULLY needed it, and coulda used it...BUT, I didn't give it and I didn't offer it to them, Because I was so jaded by those other 99 d#psh#ts who played me lol...

Thanks much! I appreciate your courage to share that with me. It takes great strength to risk being made a fool of.  

My real problem is that I have lost faith in people and myself. And, in doing so, I eventually became cynical and took advantage, then abused myself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

is this for real???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Lol go smoke a blunt, that always helps... But on a serious note, I don't think you came to the right place to talk about this. You know there are forums for people suffering from the same thing you are which leads me to believe this is BS. If you're for real go there and discuss with people who are dealing with and have overcome depression, not a bunch of jacka$s Patriots fans like yours truly and the rest of the fine folks here Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]Lol go smoke a blunt, that always helps... But on a serious note, I don't think you came to the right place to talk about this. You know there are forums for people suffering from the same thing you are which leads me to believe this is BS. If you're for real go there and discuss with people who are dealing with and have overcome depression, not a bunch of jacka$s Patriots fans like yours truly and the rest of the fine folks here 
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

were a bunch of jacka$s patriots fans???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : were a bunch of jacka$s patriots fans???
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't read most of the threads here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

come on guys...you all know what this is and where its going.

if legit(its not)you think we are the first to know? Come one. Lets talk football and let those who can,  fix this boy/girl/man/woman's problems.

Sections
Shortcuts