Lonely, Depressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WindDamage. Show WindDamage's posts

Re: Lonely, Depressed

What a croc!!!

Jump or go get immediate help from a professional.....  This is not the area to clear your mind!   You my friend are toying with the folks on this site

You must be a jets fan determined to break up the great feeling Patriots fans have about this years team.  

Your writing seems to contridict your said feelings....Just sayin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

LG,

You say your in a bad way right now so you reached out here for a little support. I'd say you got a boatload of it. I was one of the first to see your post and offered some myself. For that, I'd like to ask you how you think the Pats will do this year. Will they win the division? The superbowl. Who's your favorite Pats player and why?

What do you think of the Jets?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : Sorry I came in a bit late to this discussion, but I just saw your initial post. First of all, don't feel like you're "different" in any way due to your depression. We have all been there, or at least most of us have. We just express it in different ways. Around 2005 or so, I began having problems at work----crappy new boss, longer hours for the same mediocre money, arbitrary new rules that affected my work schedule and routine, etc., etc. I first began dealing with it by seeking my own form of self-medication: not drugs or alcohol, but food. Lots and lots of trips to the Wendy's, BK and McDonald's drive thru windows after work, and then the candy aisle at the supermarket to top it off. That only served to make me fatter and make me feel worse about myself, naturally. Things got worse and worse at work and my eating "fix" eventually turned into full-on depressive feelings. I swear that I hadn't cried in about 10 years, but one day I suddenly found myself welling up with tears and convulsing at my desk--and I was a grown man in his late 30s at that point. Obviously, that's when I realized that I needed to do something to take my mind off the nightmare at work. I was looking for a new job, naturally, but that's a long process sometimes, so that wasn't going to be a quick fix either. What I ended up doing was WRITING DOWN EVERYTHING I FELT on a particular day before I went to bed at night. Basically, just keeping a journal. I found it a good way to express my feelings and get some sort of "release" from the negativity, even if it was just temporary. There were times when I was, literally, pounding my fingers down hard on my keyboard as I was forming the words, but the words came out onto the page, and I did feel a sense of "release" after I was done. I also began to realize that I had become so depressed over what was happening at work because it was, really, my only social outlet at that time in my life. Most of my good friends lived in other states and I had no romantic relationship either. So what I did was to volunteer to help with Special Olympics events. I had done it once before, many years earlier, because an ex-girlfriend of mine was working with them on a project. I really enjoyed that day. It was a very uplifting experience, and so I volunteered to help out at a local event. It was another uplifting experience and it also got me into a "social" circle full of people who would NEVER judge another individual based on anything other than the content of their character (we're talking about people who deal with handicapped kids and adults their entire lives, so they would never judge people based on anything but the type of person they are). Eventually, the work situation imploded--it didn't end well and deteriorated into outright animosity between myself and my new bosses: I ended up just quitting in 2006, without having another job. But by that time the other adjustments I'd made in my life (keeping a journal, volunteering to expand my social circle, etc.) had helped me to deal with the negative emotions I was feeling, and at least got me back on a more even kiel.....of course, the eating problem still exists, but that's no longer due to depression, it's due to the fact that I love food too much and I grew up in an Italian home with an Italian mother :-) My suggestion would be to take it slow and just try to re-introduce yourself into social circles through volunteering, or even do what you're doing now, which is reaching out to people online (I'd be a little careful about the latter, however, because there are a lot of very bad people out there online looking to take advantage of vulnerable souls like yourself---and I've found that seeking comfort online is nice for awhile, but there's no substitute for sharing a meal or having a cup of coffee and chatting with someone face-to-face). I'd also suggest keeping the journal. Whatever negative emotions you're having on a certain day, you'd be much better off seeking a "release" from them by pouring your thoughts into a word processor rather than pouring alcohol down your throat, or worse. Believe me, stuffing my face with Whoppers and Big Macs did NOT help me deal with the negative emotions I was experiencing six years ago. And just remember that you have worth as a human being, regardless of how you're feeling right now. I'm sure you've accomplished some things in your life that you can feel proud of, so remind yourself of those things whenever you're feeling worthless or depressed. It's never as bad as you think. Hang in there and don't try to solve everything at once. It's cliched, of course, but one step at a time is the best way to approach pretty much any problem. Good luck to you and don't be shy about coming around here again if you ever need to hash things out.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

Most honorable hardright,

I am the firstborn son of a Nigerian prince who was assassinated by rebel forces in the recent failed coup attempt. My father left me an inheritance of 70 million pounds in an account in London, which I cannot access until I am able to flee the country. Due to your honest heart, I know that you would be an excellent partner to help me.

Please, at your earliest convenience, send me 30,000 pounds, along with your bank account numbers and SWIFT codes for me to wire you half of my inheritance, once I reach safety in London.

I thank God for bringing you into my life; your deep understanding of human nature has brought me out of the depths of my eternal sadness.

Kind regards,
    Honorable Prince Omawale Kenyetta Adonijae

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Isnt that a circulated email scam hpo kenyatta??  so you started that??  nice

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Isnt that a circulated email scam hpo kenyatta??  so you started that??  nice
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Jcour,

I wish I had started it; there are people out there who will believe anything, LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WindDamage. Show WindDamage's posts

On a more serious Note:

To all the folks on the East Coast and North East.  Please be safe, with this wicked Pissa storm heading your way.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HAWAIIPATFAN. Show HAWAIIPATFAN's posts

Well, nothing better than to watch the PATS play from Hawaii, then go to the beach and drink some Mai Tais, come on over ,we have alot of Patriots fans out here.

Aloha and Take care.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LonelyGirl. Show LonelyGirl's posts

[QUOTE]LG, You say your in a bad way right now so you reached out here for a little support. I'd say you got a boatload of it. I was one of the first to see your post and offered some myself. For that, I'd like to ask you how you think the Pats will do this year. Will they win the division? The superbowl. Who's your favorite Pats player and why? What do you think of the Jets?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I am very appreciative of all the support I got on the site. I am starting to get myself back together.

Pats are the only team I follow, really don't care about other sports or other teams; I don't hate the Jets in a personal sense, I just ignore them; they don't really matter much to me.  I don't like the Cowboys (too glitzy) and Raiders (too egotistical, arrogant).

I think the Pats will win the division but the super bowl is too big a question mark with too many variables. Favorite Pats Players: Many: Ronnie Lippett, Bruce Armstrong, Steve Nelson, Andre Tippett, Teddy Bruschi, Drew Bledsoe, Brady, Moss. I started going to games in 85 with familty/friends. It was a lot of fun back then and somehow I developed a bond with the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

that was a quick turnaround! even faster (faster equals better) than dr phil

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Don't ever feel ostracized...

There will always be people that can empathize or even just help by listening...

I think everybody on this board just proved that...

On a lighter note, the Pats are potentially stacked this year so you should definitely follow them to a sickening degree like most on this board haha...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]that was a quick turnaround! even faster (faster equals better) than dr phil
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

criticizing others is the easiest and laziest thing to do. it tries to hide one' s insecurity and feeling of vulnerability and fear, but it does not. sharing one's own thoughts, feelings or just listening, all take more guts and more humanity. anytime we can access our humanity, the crazy world we've created gets a little better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Its the clown Leon again ... After 5 years of trolling he has become an abused lesbian Pats fan
    Priceless

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

" the truth is I know very little about all the complexities of the game"

"it is hard to see the whole field and know what is really going in the defense etc" -LG

Wait a minute..... Is this Mark Sanchez?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

^^^ LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Find a heart somewhere dude!  You never know when you might need it-silly man!   In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]what a bunch of suckers....  
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Great post!!!!!!In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]Wow, where to start.  Walk the Charles (or anywhere) on a sunny day with your Ipod and favourite music and take in the busy world around you.  Get yourself a full breakfast on a Saturday morning and then take a long bike ride.  Sit on the seashore and just watch the birds fly on the airdrifts as you listen to the crash of the waves on the rocks.  Get out, meet like-minded people, join a running club, especially one that does a lot of random fun stuff.  Join a pick up league, whether football, softball, or bowling.  Go to a show at the Middle East or your favourite haunt, have a coke and talk to some other music appreciating adults.  If talking to random strangers on this board keeps you sane, then do it.  I think most of us are here because it fills some spot in our lives where we need to interact with others outside of our inner circle.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

LMAO-very funny!   In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]if you are a lonely and depressed go to a football forum populated only by testicles
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

This post proves there are some very intelligent posters on this forum-LMAO even louder!!!!    In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : umm, is this a round about way to say that you're a man?  lol
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

=I believe Christians and Muslims will fight each other as long as we're on this planet-fools both of them. You think they could find some tolerance and live together,but I guess that's asking too much of the highly,(laughing),homa- sapien race!!!! Christian Crusades/Muslim-Chrisian wars. When will it end and in the name of a God no less-what a joke!!!!!!  In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : But what about those people who believe God is asking them to kill. You know religous extremist IN ALL FAITHS not just Muslims but Christians and Jewish have those too. Then there are those with mental disorders who think they are doing the work of god or are god (Their street name is politicians)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Reel in them trolls SA-great post- now lets see if lonelygirl is a Jets fan in disguise because we know a Ny fan will not catch the ruse!! Love it!  In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]LG, You say your in a bad way right now so you reached out here for a little support. I'd say you got a boatload of it. I was one of the first to see your post and offered some myself. For that, I'd like to ask you how you think the Pats will do this year. Will they win the division? The superbowl. Who's your favorite Pats player and why? What do you think of the Jets?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Very witty NY PFAN-just be careful what you say you could be asking for trouble with this post from the Feds. I know it is intentionally meant to be funny-but Dem Feds don,t have a sense of humor.     Just sayin-- don't want to see you get in any trouble. Maybe I'm overreacting. Am not privy to some of the more refined legal stuff. Enjoy the Pats this year!   In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed : Most honorable hardright, I am the firstborn son of a Nigerian prince who was assassinated by rebel forces in the recent failed coup attempt. My father left me an inheritance of 70 million pounds in an account in London, which I cannot access until I am able to flee the country. Due to your honest heart, I know that you would be an excellent partner to help me. Please, at your earliest convenience, send me 30,000 pounds, along with your bank account numbers and SWIFT codes for me to wire you half of my inheritance, once I reach safety in London. I thank God for bringing you into my life; your deep understanding of human nature has brought me out of the depths of my eternal sadness. Kind regards, Honorable Prince Omawale Kenyetta Adonijae
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Very witty NY PFAN-just be careful what you say you could be asking for trouble with this post from the Feds. I know it is intentionally meant to be funny-but Dem Feds don,t have a sense of humor.     Just sayin-- don't want to see you get in any trouble. Maybe I'm overreacting. Am not privy to some of the more refined legal stuff. Enjoy the Pats this year!   In Response to Re: Lonely, Depressed :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain that the "Feds" aren't as dumb as you think.