2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Look like Bob Sanders is done

Sun comes up in the east.

Bob Sanders gets hurt.

Taxes.

Death.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Indy defense is completely different without him.  He makes a big difference on their team.  He should have been their MVP when they won the SB.  Their D couldn't stop any running from any team with him out of the lineup.  Sanders returns, their D gets much better, and we know the rest of the story.

No player, not matter how great, can make a play from the sideline though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: Look like Bob Sanders is done:
    [QUOTE]Sun comes up in the east.

Bob Sanders gets hurt.

Bill Belichick's Patriots teams are better when November begins.

Taxes.

Death.

Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Fixed.  But that is a huge blow to Indy's D.  I wonder how they're going to handle the Texans this weekend without him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So how do they play a Tampa-2 with Sanders?  Do they play 2 other safeties and use Sanders in a linebacker/hybrid role?  It seems like he is always in the box but the Tampa-2 is supposed to have 2 deep safeties.  Or is he just that good that he can stop the run from all the way back there?  Underdog?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]So how do they play a Tampa-2 with Sanders?  Do they play 2 other safeties and use Sanders in a linebacker/hybrid role?  It seems like he is always in the box but the Tampa-2 is supposed to have 2 deep safeties.  Or is he just that good that he can stop the run from all the way back there?  Underdog?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I'm sure dogg will provide a much better explanation than my nughead view of the world, but I tend to think it's because Sanders is that good.  Although he is used in a variety of ways, he can basically appear at any spot on the field anytime he wants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

When Sanders is healthy he can be all over the field, he is involved in every play he is just that fast and instinctive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Folks - Colts should be fine without Sanders.   

IMO, Melvin Bullitt is a very good SS.  He has started more games in the last 2 yrs than Sanders. The issue, however, is what if he goes down?

When your secondary can play effective pass defense without 3 of the starters (Hayden, Sanders, Jackson) it says good things about your team at those positions.  But there was an expectation that these guys would be back (Hayden will come back), and now without them, we have a very real depth issue.  We are fine with the players in place.  Rookies Powers and Lacey have done a great job, but now they are essentially THE guys. 

I pray for health the rest of the season.  It doesn't help that Hagler is also out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]So how do they play a Tampa-2 with Sanders?  Do they play 2 other safeties and use Sanders in a linebacker/hybrid role?  It seems like he is always in the box but the Tampa-2 is supposed to have 2 deep safeties.  Or is he just that good that he can stop the run from all the way back there?  Underdog?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    He really was an all over the field kind of guy.  In my opinion guys like these are instinctive and take measured risks and usually end up in the right place. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Folks - Colts should be fine without Sanders.    IMO, Melvin Bullitt is a very good SS.  He has started more games in the last 2 yrs than Sanders. The issue, however, is what if he goes down? When your secondary can play effective pass defense without 3 of the starters (Hayden, Sanders, Jackson) it says good things about your team at those positions.  But there was an expectation that these guys would be back (Hayden will come back), and now without them, we have a very real depth issue.  We are fine with the players in place.  Rookies Powers and Lacey have done a great job, but now they are essentially THE guys.  I pray for health the rest of the season.  It doesn't help that Hagler is also out.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

You guys are catching the injury bug in a bad way right now. I am not a Colts expert but considering the rivalry I am familiar with the roster and I more or less agree with you on Sanders and Jackson. The defense has been doing just fine without them for most of the year. I will say that your young secondary has not had to face a great QB yet and with little in the way of sub packages available I can see your the unit wearing down in the second half of games. Watchout for Steve Slaton lining up as a wr or a Reggie Bush type role(but better)! You guys are going to be tested this Sunday, but I just can't see the Texans beating you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yep - it hurts a little. 

Jackson was never fully back all year.  Neither was Sanders.  And Hayden has been nursing some nagging things all year.  But the loss of Hagler isn't good. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Yep - it hurts a little.  Jackson was never fully back all year.  Neither was Sanders.  And Hayden has been nursing some nagging things all year.  But the loss of Hagler isn't good. 

This is going to put a lot of pressure on the pass rush. They need to get in and pressure Shaub (sp) so it'll take pressure of the secondary. If you give this guy time he can burn them deep. That's depending on which Texan team shows up??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The good news for this week is that Owen Daniels is down for the Texans.  Who are the pats going to sit out when they play us.  I vote Moss.  Any takers :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The good news for this week is that Owen Daniels is down for the Texans.  Who are the pats going to sit out when they play us.  I vote Moss.  Any takers :)

Don't worry I heard a rumor were gonna sit Joey Galloway for the Colts game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look like Bob Sanders is done : Don't worry I heard a rumor were gonna sit Joey Galloway for the Colts game!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Excellent!!  That ought to do it for us.  Let us know when you  re-sign him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Sanders is always hurt anyway..They should still win Sunday but I am tempted to take Houston +9.5. The Colts seem to be losing a little momentum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Come on people.........Sanders is a midget on Roids.  That's why his body brakes down every year.  His skeleton cannot support his chemically altered muscle mass. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]The Indy defense is completely different without him.  He makes a big difference on their team.  He should have been their MVP when they won the SB.  Their D couldn't stop any running from any team with him out of the lineup.  Sanders returns, their D gets much better, and we know the rest of the story. No player, not matter how great, can make a play from the sideline though.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Right on!

Next to manning, he's their MVP and the key of their defense. Makes coming away from indy with a W much more likely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]Come on people.........Sanders is a midget on Roids.  That's why his body brakes down every year.  His skeleton cannot support his chemically altered muscle mass. 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

That thought did cross my mind...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

just give the pats the conference title already... they will toast the colts more than ever. the path is being cleared for the pats run to another ring and becoming TEAM  of the century!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]Folks - Colts should be fine without Sanders.    IMO, Melvin Bullitt is a very good SS.  He has started more games in the last 2 yrs than Sanders. The issue, however, is what if he goes down? When your secondary can play effective pass defense without 3 of the starters (Hayden, Sanders, Jackson) it says good things about your team at those positions.  But there was an expectation that these guys would be back (Hayden will come back), and now without them, we have a very real depth issue.  We are fine with the players in place.  Rookies Powers and Lacey have done a great job, but now they are essentially THE guys.  I pray for health the rest of the season.  It doesn't help that Hagler is also out.

Glad you think that your team will be fine. But isn't 3 of their starting secondary gone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pdream - I think you are overstating my feelings.  I am concerned.  With 3 db starters down, there is real reason for concern, because the secondary is now guaranteed to lack depth and has a significant amount of youth.  Two rookies starting at corner.  If we have no more injuries back there we should be ok, because Hayden is expected to be back. 

Right now, however, we are down 4 players who were expected to start at the beginning of the year.

Sections
Shortcuts