Look on the Brightside...the Defense can only get better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

Look on the Brightside...the Defense can only get better

Let's face it folks the Defense is suspect. There is no way around it, however there is only one way in which the defense can go. They will get better as the season carries on.

People tend to forget there was no mini camp or preseason workouts, etc. I wonder how many people would be profficient at their occupation when they have to learn a New Defense, Playbook, etc.

Give them a Month then evaluate!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Look on the Brightside...the Defense can only get better

"there is only one way in which the defense can go."

And how does the injury to Mayo fit into your vision of improvement?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I will agree it cant get much worse.

The good news is we mixed up the coverages and didnt play man all day so it gave the cb's a chance.  We still didnt have enough pressure for my liking, but its getting better.  Warren coming back was big. If we get back anyone after week 6 that should help as well.

Im gonna try and look at the bright side in terms of Mayo and say Fletch and Guyton will step up and honestly Mayo wasnt playing that well in his new role.  So I dont think its that bad.  MCL will have him out about 3-4 weeks and hopefully doesnt return too early.

When Ras and Leigh get back that will help as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

No, it can get worse.  Vince and the D-backs can start dropping those interceptions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Seems the whiners will whine no matter how much the D improves. They held oakland to their lowest point total this season and they held the league's leading rusher to 75 yards ( 41 on one play ) but still you all whine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Prior to the Oakland game, the defense was ranked last overall in the NFL.  They gave up 504 total yards of offense to the Raiders and still won the game.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  Yesterday was one of those days.

Sections
Shortcuts