Looking at the 2014 Secondary Matchups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Looking at the 2014 Secondary Matchups

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/06/patriots-secondary-matchups.html

I tried to just copy and paste the table I made, but this format blows so the table is in the link.

I looked at the matchups for Revis, Browner and Dennard across the schedule and made a table on it.

It's the offseason and summer, so I'm bored and having nothing to do and this table just intrigues and pumps me up more for the season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Looking at the 2014 Secondary Matchups

Good table, joep.

This might be the deepest set of CB's we've had in a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I tend to agree with most of what you wrote, although I think Browner is faster than you give him credit for. He isn't quick in small spaces but he is a longer strider that can fly. When he opens his hips, turns and runs, he can stay with most receivers out there. Just don't ask him to cover the Wes Welkers of the world.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Browner used against the likes of Calvin Johnson, and BB giving him free-reign to mug him at the L.O.S.. They will put McCourty over the top of Browner to give him some help. Can you imagine having to deal with that all game? Johnson would tap out after 2-3 quarters... having Browner wrestle you at the L.O.S. for 4 quarters is a pain for any receiver -- Browner is a physical beast and will wear guys down. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I tend to agree with most of what you wrote, although I think Browner is faster than you give him credit for. He isn't quick in small spaces but he is a longer strider that can fly. When he opens his hips, turns and runs, he can stay with most receivers out there. Just don't ask him to cover the Wes Welkers of the world.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Browner used against the likes of Calvin Johnson, and BB giving him free-reign to mug him at the L.O.S.. They will put McCourty over the top of Browner to give him some help. Can you imagine having to deal with that all game? Johnson would tap out after 2-3 quarters... having Browner wrestle you at the L.O.S. for 4 quarters is a pain for any receiver -- Browner is a physical beast and will wear guys down. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree BB isn't slow but he's not a burner.

Also, I highly doubt BB put Browner on a teams #1 over Revis. There's a reason we are paying Revis 12M  and that's to lock down the opposition's best WR. Also, you gotta remember that Revis is a very physical corner as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree BB isn't slow but he's not a burner.

Also, I highly doubt BB put Browner on a teams #1 over Revis. There's a reason we are paying Revis 12M  and that's to lock down the opposition's best WR. Also, you gotta remember that Revis is a very physical corner as well.

[/QUOTE]

Johnson is really in a class of his own -- I'm not sure even the likes of Revis can cover him effectively all the time. Due to Johnson's sheer size alone he will come down with a handful of catches per game, even if he's well covered. 

Because of this I'd put the bigger, longer, Browner on Johnson and give him safety help every play. Just my opinion... will be interested to see how Belichick plays it.

Against a slightly less imposing receiver like Demaryius Thomas, I have no doubt Revis will be on him. 

I still take issue with your claim that Browner isn't a burner. He can't change direction particularly quickly, but again, when he gets going he's an absolute blur -- the guy can fly. The last couple highlights here really demonstrate this... check out this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Johnson is really in a class of his own -- I'm not sure even the likes of Revis can cover him effectively all the time. Due to Johnson's sheer size alone he will come down with a handful of catches per game, even if he's well covered. 

Because of this I'd put the bigger, longer, Browner on Johnson and give him safety help every play. Just my opinion... will be interested to see how Belichick plays it.

Against a slightly less imposing receiver like Demaryius Thomas, I have no doubt Revis will be on him. 

I still take issue with your claim that Browner isn't a burner. He can't change direction particularly quickly, but again, when he gets going he's an absolute blur -- the guy can fly. The last couple highlights here really demonstrate this... check out this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE

[/QUOTE]

I've seen that video many times. I just checked and BB ran a 4.63 40 at the combine years ago. So that means now, he's probably in the 4.7-4.8 range which for a CB isn't fast.

Browner uses physicality to own the opponent. He was benched last season after being beat on deep balls by shorter faster WRs...

I think if BB gets to match vs. TE and big WR, he will be a beast. Just don't put him on the quick guys

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I can't tell you how giddy I am that we have both Browner and Revis in this secondary.  Season can't start soon enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

There will be tons of flexibility with the secondary depth this year. They will have the luxury to be game plan specific against certain receivers/offenses and they will have the ability to throw many different looks at teams based on specific down and distance situations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good table, joep.

This might be the deepest set of CB's we've had in a long time.

[/QUOTE]

THanks, and that's for sure. This may be the best secondary BB has ever had. there are 5 legit starting CBs on this roster and a top 5 FS to back them up. Secondary is loaded

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/