Looking at the bright side...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Looking at the bright side...

1. The loss was outside the the conference.

2. Defense looked good again...allowed just 245 yards.

3. Hernandez injury was *only* an ankle injury, not a knee.

4. Offense still put up 387yds, even though they only put up 18 points.

5. Ravens, Jets and Steelers also 1-1.

6. It's 2nd week of te season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Looking at the bright side...

PFT’s Mike Florio is reporting that Hernandez is out up to six weeks with the ankle injury he suffered today. Hernandez left the stadium in a protective boot and on crutches after today’s loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Only 6 teams will make it through week 2 at 2-0.  Any given Sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only 6 teams will make it through week 2 at 2-0.  Any given Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

We should have been one of those teams.  So much for this easy schedule!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

No more talk about 19 - 0..  that is good!  At this point, the only win streak that counts is going undefeated in the playoffs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

We are not Jets' fans

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

This game very well maybe a wake up call for some players and actually help the team.

They now have something to avenge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Team was outplayed in every part of game, lost one of their best players and have to go to play Ravens next week...There is no bright side

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Team was outplayed in every part of game, lost one of their best players and have to go to play Ravens next week...There is no bright side

[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes there is.  The fact that you don't see it says more about YOU than it does about the team.  There were some really good solid things from this game that people are talking about.  That Ravens team LOST to Philly, we are tied in the division, we still have our #1 TE and a week to prepare for replacing/rescheming, and we know that we must play more open/aggressive early on in reaction to these pressure packages teams will keep throwing at us.  Ridley is a stud, Edelman can get it done, and we also know it's time to call Branch/Gaffney/Stallworth.  I'd take Branch, myself, but we shall see.  Hernandez being out for 6 weeks at leas gives us clarity there.  We have great tape on the Ravens to look at, and a dose of humiliation to motivate us.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. The loss was outside the the conference.

2. Defense looked good again...allowed just 245 yards.

3. Hernandez injury was *only* an ankle injury, not a knee.

4. Offense still put up 387yds, even though they only put up 18 points.

5. Ravens, Jets and Steelers also 1-1.

6. It's 2nd week of te season.

[/QUOTE]

all good points. but the offnese sputtered all day, Ghost was on target all day. when crunch time came, he missed a game winner he should have made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

By the end of week 2, the Pats defense will rank in the top 5 in total yards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

"Oh, yes there is. The fact that you don't see it says more about YOU than it does about the team. "...not sure what you mean? is it that I see things for what they are? To quote BB, It is what it is. They talked all week about Arizona being a great team yet they cone out with no clue on offense. I understand losing hernandez but if your offense is planned on one guy then they are it a lot of trouble.

Lets see what the Pats do with the positives against a more complete Ravens team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The bright side for me was to finally watch a defense that was making a difference in a game. It was heartning to see. Even better is the D will get even better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes, I think the defense is looking much better than last year.  The front seven is really a good group and the secondary is playing better. 

The offense was terrible yesterday, though.  The biggest issue is the offensive line, which has not been great yet this year, and was dinged up without Connolly.  Against the Titans, the TEs played a big role in blocking, but with Hern's injury that strategy was less effective.  Gronk had a relatively poor game for him I thought.  Not consistent catching the ball and not as dominant blocking as he was the week before.  Hoomananui didn't contribute much, nor did Hilliard when they tried using the fullback.  The lack of blocking from the skill players hurt this game. Of course, you also have to credit Arizona's D line which is a good one. 

There was something reminiscent of the Giants game yesterday . . . our O line can't handle a good D line and one of the two TEs we rely heavily on was injured.  That's a situation that seems to put this offense at risk.  The better running game with Ridley wasn't enough to help us.  Nine points over three quarters is dismal.  Much like the Super Bowl, the best drives were the hurry-up spread drives.  As much as Bill O'Brien gets criticized for being so predictable with that hurry-up spread offense, it worked well for the Pats most games. Over the first two games last year, the Pats scored 9 TDs.  Over the first two games this year, the Pats scored just 4.  Offensive production (i.e., points scored) so far is way off last year's pace.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

To me, the Pats loss the game because of special team play. Very poor coverage by the special teams, poor blocking on the punt the was blocked by the Cards, and Pats had a clear block of their own that was missed.

The defense is improved due to pressure on the QB, but the inability to get off the field on 3rd down repeatedly caught up to them, and will haunt them all season. TWilson seems to be the guy in the right place at the right time, but where is everyone else in the back 4? 2 games, too many missed opp's for interceptions. Big message sent to RasI yesterday. Seems he is not playing to the defensive game plan and free lancing too much on his own.

I have been beating the same dead horse since Gallery was signed. This o-line is in trouble if Cannon and Thomas are neccesities rather than luxuries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

As dismally as we played we gave ourselves a legit chance to win. Our does seem to be a solid unit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Football is a little more fair these days.  Goodell hasn't completely filled in the new refs as to who the elite teams are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

It's a good thing we didn't see much of Nate Solder...I guess he did a solid job..On the other hand the interior of our O-line got dominated!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

14 more games to go!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

Pats got their "technical glitch" game out of the way.  D was ready but the O wasn't.  It happens.  The Baltimore game will be a thriller.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why does RKarp continue to be dramatic about the O Line? Did he also just babble about the D not being good?  LMAO

98.5 just hung up on a Jets dork who called in to say something similar.  Zolak and Gresh started mocking him almost immediately for trolling on the airwaves.   So, your trolling here, RKarp won't work. The D was every good again yesterday.  Allowing 13 points of their own doing is good. Fitzgerald did nothing!

On the O Line, Vollmer is being eased back and looking good.   Solder had another good game.  Thomas starting over Connolly is a downgrade, but if you look at the overall run blocking and the interior needing to handle Campbell and Dockett is no easy task. 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO. You sound like my daughter on Facebook.

I thought the special teams play was not good at all. 

I won't blame the officials for the loss (although that's a good place to start). I lay the blame at the feet of the oline. Wendell and Thomas played poorly, and Mankins struggled with pass protection. Many running plays for loss due to the oline. Blocked punt Inside the 10 yard line is special teams blocking 101. They almost got Gostkowski on 3 of his made fg's as well. 

Poor oline play due to poor personnel. 

I am dramatic with the oline for good reason, yet you haven't been dramatic about Brady the past 3 years? 

I think I will LMAO about that one. 

Rusty, learn what happened in the game before commenting. Too much going on that you missed watching from Carolina. Oline played very poorly. Wouldn't be surprised to see Humvee released today due to poor play. Fells needs to play. Most likely to Salas active next week as well. 

Ravens DLine is more dominant than the Cards. Ravens also play offense for the deep ball. Pats don't have the speed to stay with Smith and Ford deep. Might get ugly. 

25. This post has been removed.