Looking back at the Raven's game.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Looking back at the Raven's game.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I have a hard time blaming Ridley for a play where he was making the extra effort and putting himself at risk by doing so.  Ridley's play may have put the nail in the coffin so to speak, but it's hard to fault the guy for effort.  The Pats got outhit and outhustled on both sides of the ball and Flacco had a good game throwing it deep and taking advantage of mismatches all over the field.  

I can only say when those huge moments show up in a game you have to make the play. Period. Same goes with Welker's and Samuel's drops in the SBs.

When you are getting behind the 8-ball in a game like that one, job #1 has to be take care of the ball. No amount of effort changes that. All efforts must be bent to keeping the rock.

Sure, I agree, make the play.  But the guy was knocked cold by as devestating of a hit as I can recall, it's not like he just dropped it.  But I get your point.  That fumble was indicative of the way the game was going and it was the nail in the coffin.  It's not like Welker dropping a ball to milk the clock/get a 1st down or a ball sailing through Samuel's hands that could've iced the game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

But, that doesn't change the fact our offensive ideology is really the problem. You seem to think that pulling Ridley to run shotgun spreads with Woodhead on that second drive, is the way to go.

I simply disagree.  The fact in all these losses we don't establish some variation of a run game in the first half is why our offense fades in the second half.

It's very, very simple.  Look at how they played against Houston, another good D with nice pass rush and compare how they did it against Balt.

Now, some will say it's because we match up better with Houston, which I agree with, but that's still not really an excuse. It's about ideology and approach. That ideology opens up your playbook, especially in second halves.

So, if we used more hammer the rock type formations early in that game, still up 13-7 at the half for example, Balt's D would have struggled a lot more in that second half.

Do you understand this?

I am basically laying out the exact reason why our offense sucks in these kinds of games, which is why we're losing.   If you cannot compete offensively in an offensive era, you've got nothing in this league.

Defense doesn't win championships anymore. It's a myth. Offense wins championships. I am  at traditionalist, so I don't like it either, but it's the truth.

And, the other secret is, just because it is an offensive era, that doesn't mean race to 40 passes to score more points.  We have game after game after game of proof of this.

The Giants, Baltimore, the good balanced offenses in this league show us that.

We ONLY blow out bad or mediocre Ds in our shotgun spread base offense. 

I understand what you think.  Only someone who didn't watch the game and just looked at the box score would come to the conclusion that that loss somehow fits your characterization of what ails the offense in my opinion.  It has already been demonstrated ad nauseum that for most of that game (the first 3 quarters plus some) we didn't run an inordinate number of plays out of the shotgun and we ran more power plays with Ridley than we usually do (consider for a moment that Ridley ran the ball 18 times in a little over 3 quarters of play meaning he was on pace for more carries than any other game during the season except for Denver).  You can continue to try and spin that this game is yet another example of some "failed offensive ideology", but I will never agree with you because it doesn't fit the available evidence.  Situational football 101 dictated the massive amount of passing attempts in the 4th quarter which is how you are trying to pigeon hole this game into your 40+ passes narrative, but it won't fit.  Sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

i seriously need to be challenged more at my job

Apparently you disagree that Ridley's turn over allowing a short TD was a key factor in creating a desperate situation in that game little college dweeb. Explain for us.

I never said Ridley's fumble wasn't a big factor in us losing the ball game, but I applaud your  continued efforts of mind-reading and twisting people's words to suit your agenda.  It's just too ironic for me to witness your attempts to deflect any criticism from Brady and pin it on any other teammate or coach, ad nauseum.  As pcm stated, Ridley's fumble was the nail in the coffin.  Is that the reason we lost?  NO.

Any loss usually has a number of failings that can be pointed to which are valid in explaining the loss. But there usually are one or two especially momentous plays that exceed the others in explaining the fail.

If you have something to contribute then contribute it. And don't cry when somebody calls you out on posting just a stupid animation instead of actually contributing.

Brady was the least of our problems in that game. His errors occurred when the game was pretty much over anyway. Sorry if running down the game shows that. Not really.

Sure, delete the rest of my post and reply directly to the one that suits your agenda.  Like clockwork, gramps.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You are an old, miserable, antagonistic, provoking jerk with nothing better to do than to start arguments.  

You are a young, clueless, know half as much as you think you do, passive aggressive dweeb with nothing better to do than feebly attempt to contend with your betters.

LOL!! I wish we could meet in person.  You'd quickly realize what a fool you sound like by labeling me as such.

Edit: When are visiting hours at the nursing home?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I believe the turning point in the game was when Talib got injured...after they took him out...the Ravens Offense got going and never looked back...That and the fact that we pretty much did nothing on offense...there's your game...move on...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

i seriously need to be challenged more at my job

Apparently you disagree that Ridley's turn over allowing a short TD was a key factor in creating a desperate situation in that game little college dweeb. Explain for us.

I never said Ridley's fumble wasn't a big factor in us losing the ball game, but I applaud your  continued efforts of mind-reading and twisting people's words to suit your agenda.  It's just too ironic for me to witness your attempts to deflect any criticism from Brady and pin it on any other teammate or coach, ad nauseum.  As pcm stated, Ridley's fumble was the nail in the coffin.  Is that the reason we lost?  NO.

The team flat out got OUTPLAYED.  You see that?  THE TEAM.  BB got outcoached and didn't adjust his gameplan as well as Harbaugh did.  Flacco outplayed Brady.  The Ravens D made more key plays than the Pats defense and thus outplayed them.  We had drops at key points and the Ravens made catches at key points.  Flacco hit his targets at keypoints and Brady missed his targets at keypoints.  The Ravens came into Foxborough all hyped up and entitled off of Ray's retirement announcement and flat out punched the Pats in the mouth.  Good for them.

It happens.  A professional football team with incredible atheletes and smart coaches outperformed our professional football team with incredible athletes and smart coaches.  There's absolutely  no need to continue to point to scapegoats as to why we lost.  We lost as a team.

And don't for one second think that the rest of the board doesn't see what you're trying to do.  You and Rusty keep making threads in attempt to aggravate the other and quite frankly, the majority of the board cannot stand it.  It's like you two are fans of different teams and buttheads at every corner.  Cut it out already.  

You are an old, miserable, antagonistic, provoking jerk with nothing better to do than to start arguments.  

When 3 of the most level-headed and calm fans in Muzwell, ATJ, and tanbass call you out for the same things I'm calling you out for, maybe it's time to consider the things that can't get through that thick skull of yours.

Please do not lump me in with him.  Any thread I start is meant to talk about the Pats, their moves, what ifs, things peripheral to the Pats (AFC EAst teams, etc) for discussion.

I only did the 2:1 TD/INT ratio thread to answer to his rampant trolling since he and his buddy Pezzy returned.    It would shut normal people up because it reflects how much Brady needs to improve in the postseason, something they don't ever acknowledge, while people like you and I absolutely and rationally, do.

Ever notice that when Pezzy/Babe were gone before the draft, RKrap was the ultra annoying one leading the way? Look at their agendas. They're all intended to bash BB, to promote the nicer guy (Brady).

The fact is, Brady's poor game in January or the offense is NOT JUST ONE GAME. This has been going on for years!  Years!  Even when we had a "top ranked" D in 2007.  So, wherever Babe turns  to push his agenda (or his buddies), they lose.

They can't accept they lost. If I lost with my premise, I would just say "you were right" and move on.

Don't lump me in with the REAL problem people on this board, because the trolls think I am the root of the problem, which is clearly not the case whatsoever.

I don't initiate or instigate. I counter or defend myself.

Like I've stated before, I agree with you on a good majority of your contributions.  I'm just pointing out that this p*ssing war is because you two to try to one-up each other constantly.  Just trying to be fair with the old-timer and keep things on an even-keel, specifically from an outsider's perspective.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

I believe the turning point in the game was when Talib got injured...after they took him out...the Ravens Offense got going and never looked back...That and the fact that we pretty much did nothing on offense...there's your game...move on...

So true.  Not having Talib and Jones crippled our defense.  When you have Marquice Cole covering Anquan, nothing else needs to be said.  I honestly felt bad for Cole because of the abuse he was getting from Anquan.

Not having Gronk was a key reason our offense underperformed, too.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

And, you're wrong. Stop saying "ad naseum". Maybe if you didn't make things up, 90% of the plays were run in the shotgun before half WITHOUT establishing the run.

You cannot establish a run gaem from the shotgun. How do you not get this? The subbing of the backs on and off also inhibit estbalishing it from happening!

How many more examples do you need, dude. Seriously.

Your casting this element off, and then saying we did establish a run and RIdley fumbled. It's false.

We need a run game and you cannot establish one out of a shotgun!

You are the one making things up.  Do I really need to dig up that thread where I posted the shotgun percentages in the first half or the entire game before the Ridley fumble or the numerous other "criteria" you kept responding with.  In every case it was less than what we usually do and nowhere near 90%.  All you did was point to one hurry up drive before the end of the half and told me I was an idiot.

One INT from Brady, one drop on 3rd and 7, with a Rodgers, Brees or maybe younger up and coming QB, cannot happen.

The way to solve it is to pass less and that's by establishing a run game.

I suggest you watch these other offenses.  I don't think you'd be happy with the playcalling.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

There was no turning point. God wanted it to turn out that way. Ask ray.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I don't blame Ridley at all. I know we beat this to death awhile back but quickly.

The O showed up on the national stage and promptly pizzed their pants, again, sorry it is what it is.

Vereen has a break out game the week before and his reward was to get benched for most of the Ravens game, I still don't get it.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to see the Pats keep working on the defense, it was needed. More balance will help.

At the end of the day though...I'm at peace with it. The only game that still hurts is the 08 SB and that being we HAD to win that game and we didn't.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I don't blame Ridley at all. I know we beat this to death awhile back but quickly.

The O showed up on the national stage and promptly pizzed their pants, again, sorry it is what it is.

Vereen has a break out game the week before and his reward was to get benched for most of the Ravens game, I still don't get it.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to see the Pats keep working on the defense, it was needed. More balance will help.

At the end of the day though...I'm at peace with it. The only game that still hurts is the 08 SB and that being we HAD to win that game and we didn't.

I think SB 46 is worse since it came AFTER SB 42's disappointment. I can live with once in a lifetime helmet cacth and sheer luck going against you, but not self induced stupidity from my QB or horrendous execution with a wide open WR.

I just think the perfect season HAD to be done, I would have paid good money to see BB take the SB Trophy and wisper in Goodell's ear to GFY........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I just think the perfect season HAD to be done, I would have paid good money to see BB take the SB Trophy and wisper in Goodell's ear to GFY........

Honestly never having to hear about Mercury Morris ever again would have been the best part to me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, don't tell me I look at box scores to form my premise.

I can attest that you don't do that. You get your premise from, "the voices".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If BB is moving to this, we will be in the SB this year.

Mark my words. It's why we lost all these playoffs games and why we lost the SB.

So, it's BB the HC's fault. Gotcha. I disagree.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LOL!! I wish we could meet in person.  You'd quickly realize what a fool you sound like by labeling me as such.

Ahhh. No.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

By the way, PCMIV, are you seriously saying that a run game can be estabslished off draw plays?

Yes all we did was run draw plays.  Are you for real right now?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts