Looking for trade options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

Looking for trade options

This is a stretch but I hope that it will bring forward some trade options.

The tarket here is Mankins. The Pats seem to be reasonably satisfied with their o-line and Mankins may not be willing to come back anyway.

The stretch is a trade with the Giants. They have a problem at OG and a glut at DE. We need a non blitz manufactured pass rush

My stretch trade is Justin Tuck for Mankins stratight up.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any other trade ideas.

For those of you who might suggest that a pure DE like Tuck could not play in a 3-4, I believe that BB is smart enough to figure out how best to utillize his talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Looking for trade options

Theres no way the G-Men trade tuck for Mankins. They need Tuck. We're safety rich I bet McGowan gets traded of cut. I was thinking sanders until the last 2 preseason games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for trade options:
    [QUOTE]Theres no way the G-Men trade tuck for Mankins. They need Tuck. We're safety rich I bet McGowan gets traded of cut. I was thinking sanders until the last 2 preseason games.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Phil, I don't disagree. The Giants have Pierre-Paul on the bench who they drafted in the first round and some real issues at OG. Mannning could take a beating this year.

Who do you think would be a good trade target?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

the Vikings need o-line help. bad. They could be a possible suitor for Mankins. Their in a win it all now situation. I dont know what they could trade back other then draft pick(s). I hope we can keep him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Our weakest positions right now seem to be offensive tackle, pass-rushing OLB, and DE. Trading Mankins for mid- to high-level talent in any of those positions would make sense to me now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

When i read the headline for this forum I thought it was going to have something to do with wives and girlfriends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Belichick wouldn't want a DE from the Giants or Vikings. 

Both teams run a 43 defense. Their DLmen would be too small for a 34 defense. The biggest DLmen the Giants have is 6'4 275 pound Tuck. 

Check GB, Pitts, Wash (Haynesworth), Detroit for upcoming cuts. The Lions have about 8 DLmen. 

I'd ship a 5th rounder to them for Corey Williams. He played under Mangini in Cleveland so we know he knows the system. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

How bout the Steelers as a trade option?  I know their line stinks.  They NEED to run it more with Rapistburger out for 6 games.  Not sure who we could reasonably get in return from them, but they have pieces in place I am sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I think there will be opportunities to sign good value players once cut downs begin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choppabrady. Show choppabrady's posts

If anyone can make it work, it is BB.  You are right, BostonFaninFlorida, we need to get as much as we can for Mankins...reminds me of the Seymour trade for the pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]How bout the Steelers as a trade option?  I know their line stinks.  They NEED to run it more with Rapistburger out for 6 games.  Not sure who we could reasonably get in return from them, but they have pieces in place I am sure.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I don't know, something tells me dealing him to an AFC power is not the best idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Can they trade mankins if he has not signed his tender?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

No they cant, but they can discuss a trade and see if his agent can work out a deal.  Kind of like a sign and trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

No,they cannot trade him as he is without a contract but such unfortunate situations are often resolved by a sign and trade agreement between teams.In this case,it would be Mankins agreeing to a deal with a second team,the Pats then sign him to such a contract agreed to by Mankins and then completing a trade for a pre-arranged return.Also,Mankins could sign his tender and then be traded to a team that has an ageement with Mankins on a new deal and an agreement with the Pats as to who or,in the case draft picks are involved,what the Pats would receive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]the Vikings need o-line help. bad. They could be a possible suitor for Mankins. Their in a win it all now situation. I dont know what they could trade back other then draft pick(s). I hope we can keep him.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

The first NFL Team that I'd be on the phone with, Is whichever one that needs O-Line help just as ya say Phil, And the one that has a Defensive Line where seemingly EVERY single guy is 6'5 and 270-310lbs...one that looks like THIS:

Defensive Linemen

I think ya nailed it here...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Wilhite or Wheatley to Baltimore for Prescott Burgess

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

How about Mankins to the NYG for Chris Canty.  Canty's a 6-7, 310lbs athletic DT for the Giants who signed a big contract last year but had some injuries.  I think NY signed Canty for 6yrs and $42m with $17m in guaranteed. Since NYG already paid the bonus, Canty would be really comming in for something like 5 yrs and $26-30m

NY drafted a big DT in the 2nd round this year and could replace Canty, although reports says he's doing well in camp this summer.  Many think Canty is better fit for a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT, is 27 years old and could be a long-term starter for the Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Please wake up.  It's about the money. Why would a team want a Guard at 8 million per? The only way this could work is if Mankins signs the tender at 1.5, gets dealt and then has a promised deal/extension into 2011 and beyond at 8 mil+ per year. I just don't see why Mankins would have rejected NE's offer, play 1 year for less than what he was offered, including the original RFA tender of 3.5 million, and then do it somewhere else. The bottomline is, he has put himself an incredbile pickle here and NE holds all the cards. His agent has backed his client into a corner and either Mankins is very dumb, or he's already realized this and will fire his agent. I think the main issue is the deal is now off the table, so unless there is a quick burying of the hatchet, Mankins only real option is to apologize to the Krafts and hope he didn't burn the bridge. If some team like St. Louis came in and wanted to take Mankins at an 8 mil per sign and trade for their 2nd rounder, I would do this in a heartbeat. Very rare  to see a player for player swap in this league. You never know, but the real key is the money. This is what makes Mankins so unattractive to any team. 8 mil per is a silly amount for a Guard.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Russ,

You are right and Mankins is in a bad spot which is exactly why as time goes on the price likely changes. He wants to play this year for the money and also to ensure the accrued year.

I just want the Pats to improve by using him if they can and it appears that the only way to use him is to trade him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for trade options : The first NFL Team that I'd be on the phone with, Is whichever one that needs O-Line help just as ya say Phil , And the one that has a Defensive Line where seemingly EVERY single guy is 6'5 and 270-310lbs...one that looks like THIS: Defensive Linemen 69 Jared Allen DE 91 Ray Edwards DE 90 Fred Evans DT 97 Everson Griffen DE 98 Letroy Guion DT 95 Tremaine Johnson DT 73 Jimmy Kennedy DT 92 Jayme Mitchell DE 99 Michael Montgomery DE 96 Brian Robison DE 93 Kevin Williams DT 94 Pat Williams DT I think ya nailed it here...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I agree...Phil and Laz nailed it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I dont think the first question that needs to be answered is WHOM to trade for Mankins, but WHICH team might be willing to satisfy his contract demands. I dont think that would include the Giants or Eagles. Might a team like the Redskins or Cowboys, also both thin at OL be tempted?
    I also hear from "around" that Mankins WILL sign for another team for less than the Pats offered. Its the Pats he has the problem with, feeling they renegged on a "deal". He seemingly would sign a "fair market deal" with any other team...
    Guy isnt coming back with his tail between his legs.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mankins would be reasonable trade bait in this uncapped year.  The perfect buyer would be an owner, in the NFC of course, whose team is on the verge, at least in the owner's mind.  Unfortunately there's a depression on, and owners across the NFL are cutting their total salary packages well below the cap in order to match declining TV ad revenues and ticket sales.  In this climate the owner would have to get Mankins to sign a huge contract in order to get him to play in 2010, but owners don't have as much money this year.

Bottom line, Mankins signs a "contract" in week 10, except he promises to line up backwards on every single play and eat all the NFL fines out of his pretend salary, so BB sits him until the clock runs out and Mankins is a free agent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Looking for trade options:
    [QUOTE]This is a stretch but I hope that it will bring forward some trade options. The tarket here is Mankins. The Pats seem to be reasonably satisfied with their o-line and Mankins may not be willing to come back anyway. The stretch is a trade with the Giants. They have a problem at OG and a glut at DE. We need a non blitz manufactured pass rush My stretch trade is Justin Tuck for Mankins stratight up. I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any other trade ideas. For those of you who might suggest that a pure DE like Tuck could not play in a 3-4, I believe that BB is smart enough to figure out how best to utillize his talent.
    Posted by BostonFanInFlorida[/QUOTE]

Your stretch would make way more sense with Osi, because they are not going to give up Tuck, period. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Looking for trade options : Your stretch would make way more sense with Osi, because they are not going to give up Tuck, period. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

You're probably right and if it were Osi pre-injury then it would be almost as good as Tuck now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Does anyone see getting something done before the season starts? 

By all accounts, Mankins has to come to his senses soon, sign a deal with the Pats, the Pats line up a trading partner, and get it done. We are about 2-3 weeks away, and I haven't seen any news on if the Pats are trying to work out a deal with Mankins, nevermind, looking for a potential trading partner. I predict we start the season without Mankins, and we don't find a trading partner for him neither.

With us getting closer to the big cuts to start the regular season, I would imagine teams are hanging around to see who gets released. 

Perhaps we should start a thread on possibly cuts by other teams, and see who the Pats might be targeting based on those cuts. I would be interested to see if there are any OL, DL on that list.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I don't think Osi would have an easy time playing standing up. @ 6' 3" 261 he would have good enough size to set the edge but how much time can you invest in teaching someone a new position?