Looking forward to SD's second round pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

hmmm, i wonder what Taz wrote in response. ..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

LOL, Taz, relax. instead of writing "Test" I'm trying to mix things up by being like, "Woah, I can't see my post, or Taz's awesome post totally shooting me down. What gives?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]good points Hannah, I am not sticking with the CBs you mentioned cause they have not made a name for themselves yet, i hope they work out for us but Sanders has already shown himself to be a good S and Merriwhether is turning heads this season as well so I feel like we are good there, maybe we bring in a veteran to share teh load with Sanders but i dont see us drafting a S this year. But Wheatly might not be enough so if we dont get a veteran CB who can start we need to draft another CB somewhere in the first 3 rounds this year. I would love to see us trade our picks the same way we did to get Moss and Welker i would be all about that.[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]good points Hannah, I am not sticking with the CBs you mentioned cause they have not made a name for themselves yet, i hope they work out for us but Sanders has already shown himself to be a good S and Merriwhether is turning heads this season as well so I feel like we are good there, maybe we bring in a veteran to share teh load with Sanders but i dont see us drafting a S this year. But Wheatly might not be enough so if we dont get a veteran CB who can start we need to draft another CB somewhere in the first 3 rounds this year. I would love to see us trade our picks the same way we did to get Moss and Welker i would be all about that.[/Quote]

You have to give the rookie CBs more time and having vets like O'Neal and Hobbs buys the Pats some time. Under your scenario MVP, the Pats would have given up on Law and Samuel after their first season and we all know they played better in their second and 3rd seasons. Point is, aside from QB, learning to play CB in the NFL is the very difficult and rookie DBs get burnt all the time (not Champ or Deion). As I stated earlier the Pats have great flexibility with their picks; and there is 11 ! of them. I just don't see them trading up into the top ten to get a LT when they could grab a linemen in the 2nd 3rd, or 4th. Crabtree could be one of the top three WRs, so I can't see him falling to wherever the Pats 1st is.
    If you can net quality vets by trading picks then yeah it can be good idea. Maybe we can get Al Davis to trade Ashmouga (pro-bowler) for one of our 2nd round picks. Might solve any problems the Pats have at CB,.....maybe 3rd rounder

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

[Quote]Hoping to part ways with Seymour is like hoping you break your arm. He has been his normal dominant self this year. You may be right that they won't be able to afford him when his contract is up, but his contract is not up after this year. He will have another year left.[/Quote]

I would love it if the pats didn't have to lose any players especially pro bowl players like seymour (i agree he is back to old form). however, imo, at the end of next year the pats will have to part ways with one of the d-lineman. Due to cap considerations and youth considerations i believe the pats should re-sign wilfork and green and let seymour go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

[Quote]Cushings is overrated and is not a 1st round prospect.

And yeah Seymour is back to his pro-bowl form. I dread the next offseason where we have to decide whether to keep Wilfork, Seymour, Mankins, or combinations of the 3.[/Quote]

I agree tough calls need to be made in the next couple of years. However, what makes you say cushings is overrated in 15-25 range of the first round? He seems to have good size and flexibility to play inside or out. He seems to be hindered by injuries a bit this year. I certainly don't break down film of any of these guys but he appears to be a good fit. However, the surest way i know the pats aren't going to pick someone is for me to think they should!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Tag Cassel and trade him to Uncle Al for Ashmouga! I don't know if he's that senile yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]So might are you saying its ok for Vrable to only excel in one area of teh game but its not ok for a guy who is on the bubble? As far as I know this is the pros and in the pros you need to excel in all areas of the game, last year Vrable was all over the place and this year he is only showing up in the running game and that might be ok to you and hell its ok with me cause i am sure he is just tired from last season but other people have the right to point it out and say they are dissapointed in his play thus far, we expect guys like Vrable to produce year in and year out and this year he is only playing well in the running game and like i said that might be enough for you but most people expect him to show up on every play.[/Quote]i think players are being shuffled in,and out of the line-ups this year.to where some are not playing as much,or there roles have changed from last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]We have two young Safteys waiting to take over when Harrison retires so have absolutly no idea why so many of you guys think we are going to take a S in the first two rounds, no way we use a pick that early on a S when people are buzzing about how good Merriwhether is looking this season. In round 1 I hope we take a Left Tackle so we can move Matt Light to the right side, in the 2nd round i hope we take a CB as I have little faith in Wheatly and think he will be prone to injurys on a yearly basis and hope we go after another top flight CB and if im wrong about Wheatly well then we would have two 2nd round CBs on the team and that would take care of that. We have two 2nd round picks this year which makes me think we will trade one of those picks for a pick in the following years draft cause thats how we do but if we do stay put and use the extra 2nd round pick then i hope we take a WR but since they have struck out with Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson they most likely wont touch aWR that early in teh draft so maybe they will go out and get a DE/OLB but thats a big maybe personally I think Vrable will bounce back and have a big season next year so for those of you counting him out prepare to eat your words when he comes out next season and plays like a beast. I am hoping that if we dont take a WR in the early rounds that maybe we will draft a WR in teh later rounds like when we got David Givens in the 7th round and turned him into a great WR. I could also see us getting a TE in teh later rounds maybe round 4 or 5 and maybe a RB in the later rounds as well. I liked teh idea of signing a free agent CB instead of drafting one so if we could swing that and get a Dunta Robinson or a Chris Gamble so we wont have to use a draft pick on an early CB but instead focus on the oline and other skill posistions.[/Quote]just because we have safeties,or corners on the team.dosent mean there isnt someone better in the draft.merriweather is great,but sanders is only good at times,and injured often.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]There are no guarentees when NE is drafting, James Sanders is a FA after this season and he can easily be upgraded. This draft has 3-5 1st round caliber safety's...id be happy with Taylor Mays, William Green, or Myron Rolle. There is are also a decent number of solid CB prospects like Malcolm Jenkins, Vontae Davis, DJ Moore and Alphonso Smith. I don't think we go OLB because we have Vrabel and Thomas with youngsters Crable and Woods backing up.

Assuming we are drafting mid-late 1st id be targeting guys who may slip like Knosaun Moreno, Lesean McCoy, Shonn Green, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore, Rey Maualuga, James Laurinaitis, and then olineman.[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]There are no guarentees when NE is drafting, James Sanders is a FA after this season and he can easily be upgraded. This draft has 3-5 1st round caliber safety's...id be happy with Taylor Mays, William Green, or Myron Rolle. There is are also a decent number of solid CB prospects like Malcolm Jenkins, Vontae Davis, DJ Moore and Alphonso Smith. I don't think we go OLB because we have Vrabel and Thomas with youngsters Crable and Woods backing up.

Assuming we are drafting mid-late 1st id be targeting guys who may slip like Knosaun Moreno, Lesean McCoy, Shonn Green, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore, Rey Maualuga, James Laurinaitis, and then olineman.[/Quote]
    Some of the players you mention won't be there Laurenaitis Maualuga two best LBs, not there, Jenkins and Davis, two best CBs also not likely to be there, Mays and William Moore (Mizzou) to best safeties, might not be there). That six players that the Pats won't really have a shot at unless a) one of them falls or b) the Pats target them and trade up to get them. It's difficult for me to see the Pats trading up to get anyone. I still think a D Line player is probable because of the contract status' of Wilfork and Seymour in '10. I obviously don't want either Wilfork or Seymour to leave the Pats, but from a cap hit perspective it might have to happen. If the Pats re-sign Wilfork and give Mankins (Best OL) an extension it's hard to see them having enough money to keep Seymour. I don't want see him go, but you have to be realistic about the cap. For the record, we could see another Best Player Available taken in the 1st round by the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I really hope we take a O linemen some where in teh first 3 rounds thats all i can really hope for

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I'd like to say for the first time in my life, I look forward to and hope that my team, the colts, can help accomodate the patriots wish for a better pick from the Chargers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I hate the Colts with all my heart but with the Tom Brady Peyton manning battle to see who is the best its just not worth it and with all teh Bolts fans crowning their team the champs before teh season even started I am loving watching them fall on their face so GO COLTS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

UD,

What Colt players are OUT? So I can have my pre-excuse reply ready. Actually you've got a better shot this time, but, I concede nothing.

Regards
    0-3 in the last 3

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

wouldnt it be nice Jbolt if quoting number worked on these forums? I mean I would love it if when a Jets fan came on here to talk about how they just beat us and they are so great and this and that if i could just remind them that they have only won 2 out of teh last 17 games we have played but that doesnt stop them what so ever so dont let your last 3 games fool you it wont matter to Colts fans they will still say they are the better team no matter how many times you beat them in a row.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]UD,

What Colt players are OUT? So I can have my pre-excuse reply ready. Actually you've got a better shot this time, but, I concede nothing.

Regards
    0-3 in the last 3[/Quote]

To be honest the Bolts could go 4-2, beat Denver and make the playoffs, however, it is true that AFC East has more wins than AFC West this year. I can't see why Norv doesn't turn Hester or Sproles into a slot WR and the playcalling in general has been bad. LT is having a bad year (for LT, anyway, yardage and TDs are down) and Rivers continues to play Jekyll and Hyde at the pivot. If you had told me that the Pats would lose Brady and finish with more wins than the Chargers I would not have believed you, yet that looks like it could happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

In order for the Bolts to go 6-0, they might actually have to win a big game; something they seldom do. Can't see them beating the Colts. Could easily see the Colts turning it on down the stretch and beating Tennessee (in a game, not the standings obviously).