Looking up Flaccos throwing patterns? anyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Looking up Flaccos throwing patterns? anyone

Ive been looking like crazy for throwing charts for Joe Flacco and specifically what side of the field he favors...no luck...can any of you geniuses out here help ...im very curious to see if T Dilfer has something when he mentioned Flacco and his throwing tendencies...thanks and go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: Looking up Flaccos throwing patterns? anyone

Wow ...no one? Bueller? I thought it was just me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He tends to throw towards the end zone in the proximity of people dressed in purple who like poems.

rumor has it that the general business of his eyebrows blocks his view of the left side of the field but he is still the greatest QB since Trent Dilfer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

About a year ago, I did see a site that had all kinds of stats on QBs--including breaking up the field width into 5 segments, and showing what percentage of passes, including completions and TDs, the QB threw to what segment of the field. Specifically remember looking at E. Manning's stats, clearly showing a preference for the left side of the field.

Didn't mark the site, and now I can't find it.  Sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Tin Man if you happen to find that site...please advise...thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but Yahoo.com has some information on this...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8795/situational

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I heard on a radio interview earlier this week that he has much more success throwing right.  I can't vouch for that, but the commentator was Aaron Schatz from Football Outsiders who is usually reliable on things like that.  I do believe a bunch of the long passes were completed to his right. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Flacco almost exclusively throws to the right side past 20yrds, 10-20yrds it's mid to to right, below 10yrds it's pretty even but you can see the cone effect the further he gets away from the line. He also doesn't like throwing across his body and hates rolling left. Some teams intentionally overload the right side you to get him nervous at the line and it works. He's becomes jittery and is constantly looking to the overload before the snap because he knows he has to roll left. Sometimes he even fakes rolling left to do a huge swing roll right in an attempt to stay ahead of a right rush. Of course when you have Rice as a dump off option and a great OL it helps mask this issue and hard to get pressure on him but when it happens this guy looks like Sanchez. That's why Flacco either has an incredible game or a horrible game. If the Pats were smart (and I'm sure they are) they'd play McCourty 15yrds off the line leaning to the right side and overload the right side forcing Flacco to roll left and throw across his body. Of course this would mean having a spy constantly on Rice to prevent the dump off for a huge gain

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

jri37 posted the following in a thread where I posed a similar question.  Hope it is of some help:

I was just listening to Felger & Mazz and they cited Pro Focus as saying that Flacco completes 49% of his passes to his back side and 60+% from the middle of the field to his right. I didn't hear the details regarding attempts but i did catch those numbers.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Ive been looking like crazy for throwing charts for Joe Flacco and specifically what side of the field he favors...no luck...can any of you geniuses out here help ...im very curious to see if T Dilfer has something when he mentioned Flacco and his throwing tendencies...thanks and go Pats!

If we don't apply some pressure on him he will hurt us.  We don't have to sack him but need to get him to throw earlier than he would like and make him feel uncomfortable.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Based on the link to Yahoo.sports, he is right around 70% completion percent between the hashmarks (75% right, 69%middle, 70% left), at 55% throwing wide to the right, and 40% wide to the left. His number of attempts is fairly equal between the wide left and wide right (124/155) and those account for over 50% of his total of 531 passes for the year. He threw 6 tds and 5 picks to the wide right side, 4 tds and 1 pick to the wide left side.

Interesting, Brady was better throwing to the left. Between middle, left, and wide left, he had 22 tds and only 3 picks, with a qb rating of about 107, while right and wide right, he had 10 td and 5 picks and a qb rating of 83.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Based on the link to Yahoo.sports, he is right around 70% completion percent between the hashmarks (75% right, 69%middle, 70% left), at 55% throwing wide to the right, and 40% wide to the left. His number of attempts is fairly equal between the wide left and wide right (124/155) and those account for over 50% of his total of 531 passes for the year. He threw 6 tds and 5 picks to the wide right side, 4 tds and 1 pick to the wide left side.

Interesting, Brady was better throwing to the left. Between middle, left, and wide left, he had 22 tds and only 3 picks, with a qb rating of about 107, while right and wide right, he had 10 td and 5 picks and a qb rating of 83.

Defend the seams. This is why Pitta's performance is vital. He either goes deep to Smith or quick outs to him, slants to Boldin, but really his security blanket is Pitta in the seams or in between the hashes.

Anything wide, especially in a stiff wind, is where they should be looking to defend.  It shoud be interesting to see how BB does this. Will they try to do it in mostly man, mostly zone or an even mix.

If I were the Ravens I would run Pitta in intermediate crossing routes. Last week gregory could not cover daniels or graham going across the middle. He was chasing on almost every single one of those patterns. Gregory needs to have a better game against the pass this week.

If BB sees that Gregory can't handle the TEs he'll bring in Wilson who used to be a CB. Wilson's flaw comes in making a read. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Against Dever it seemed deep right side and Denver has some pretty decent CBs.  It seemed like a lot of safety breakdowns on coverage but I don't know if they were biting on something else.  One thing for sure is stop the run first and get Flacco uncomfortable in the pocket.  With Wilfork in the middle it should be good.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Flacco throwing pattern for this weekend.... throwing to the players wearing Blue, Silver and Red!  2 int's this weekend for Flacco!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

http://footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2013/afc-championship-preview

left: 183 passes, 49% completions, 5.1yds/play, -22.1% DVOA
    middle: 116 passes, 69% completions, 9.7yds/play, 57.1% DVOA
    right: 241 passes, 63% completions, 7.8yds/play, 30.1% DVOA

Sections
Shortcuts