Lookout For New OC or DC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: Lookout For New OC or DC?

Hire Rex Ryan to coach defense...about the only good thing Rex is good for...i doubt it would ever happen...but then Rex would also have his best chance of getting a ring..under BB...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

C'mon. BB will never replace either of these guys. They are here for as long as BB is here, unless they have offers elsewhere that BB blesses...lets also point out that the Pats have coached this team to the amount of wins...it has not been the talent assembled, it is the coaching.

I can point to 2 games that I felt the coaching staff was out schemed...thats a pretty impressive record for the coaching staff

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Greg Schiano may be someone BB can bring in to help the defense if he got fired by Tampa Bay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

BB coaches Offensive, Defense and Special Teams....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

C'mon. BB will never replace either of these guys. They are here for as long as BB is here, unless they have offers elsewhere that BB blesses...lets also point out that the Pats have coached this team to the amount of wins...it has not been the talent assembled, it is the coaching.

I can point to 2 games that I felt the coaching staff was out schemed...thats a pretty impressive record for the coaching staff

Cincy game was loss ALL on McDaniels - 3 straight passes from 1 yard line cause Brady had his TD pass streak to keep up....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Anyone ever see Patricia hudled with the D going over plays in an animated manner....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I do not see an issue with our OC and DC.  The team is struggling due to injuries.  Everyone called for Pee's head and look who lead the Ravens to a superbowl victory last year.  The coaches have done a good job.  Take a look at the penalty situation, sloppy play.  None of these show up on the Patriots.  They are rarely outcoached. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

I do not see an issue with our OC and DC.  The team is struggling due to injuries.  Everyone called for Pee's head and look who lead the Ravens to a superbowl victory last year.  The coaches have done a good job.  Take a look at the penalty situation, sloppy play.  None of these show up on the Patriots.  They are rarely outcoached. 

Totally concur in this assessment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Would like to see McD GO!  Don't see an likey candidates for OC at the moment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

My guess is that BB sticks with McD and Patricia - for good or bad.

With coaches starting to get the axe, is there anyone out there who might be a good OC or DC to replace McD or Patricia?

No! The Pats need to look for a draft personnel advisor and new players, not new coaches. The Patriots are one of, if not the best coached team in the NFL. What other coach and coaching staff could have sustained the loss of top flight personnel through the strange off-season happenings and injuries the way that the Patriots have?

Some tough decisions next year include whether the Pats should release 33 year old DT Vince Wilfolk, the great but oft injured Gronk, Jerod Mayo, disappointing WR Danny Amendola, and the aging Logan Mankins. They must also decide whether or not to pay Julian Edelman, whose having a breakout year this season...and whether to pay the tough but one-dimensional ILB, Brandon Spikes.

My guess at this time would be that Vince, Danny and Mayo will be released. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

Watching the Ravens' game last night, I mentioned this exact same thought to my wife.  I commented about how Dean can do it with the Ravens and couldn't with the Pats?  Bottom line..  personnel.  Ravens have been putting together a far better group of defensive players than the Pats have and this does make a coach's job easier.  Granted, the Pats this year appeared to have put together a solid group, but, injuries have certainly derailed those hopes. One can only imagine how the D would be today with those key players still in the lineup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't see either coordinator being replaced... though I'd love to BB add Vrabel to the defensive staff at some point... think he'd be a very valuable addition, due to his intelligence, knowledge of BB's schemes and ability to make in game adjustments... he was solid in that capacity as a player, so one would think that he'd be able to do the same as a coach.

The question is, would BB want him and would he want to come back?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If Coughlin gets fired, would anyone want him as part of coaching staff?

If he was willing to take a non-coordinator role, or be hired as an advisor... absolutely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

I would be more concerned with the GM.  Because the personnel management has really stunk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

No chance BB would allow that, but yes, Coughlin would be great on the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

My guess is that BB sticks with McD and Patricia - for good or bad.

With coaches starting to get the axe, is there anyone out there who might be a good OC or DC to replace McD or Patricia?

Don't forget Josh Boyce from the high powered Football College South Dakota School of Mining.

And people wonder why the Pats pass defense is one of the worst in the NFL for years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

No chance BB would allow that, but yes, Coughlin would be great on the Pats.

Responding to yourself yet again, eh BUST-CHISE...lmfao

Schizophrenia is a terrible illness BUST-CHISE...you and all your family of Jet Trolls have been identified and reported to the entire board...they need to know to protect themselves from you, whether you come at them in the guise of Fletcherbrook, or Uncle Rico, or Footballexpert45, or Phat Virgin, or Phat Rex, BungaloBill, MeadowlandMike or loads of others...all NY JETS TROLLS...and you HATE being called on it...because you're an ill and frightened child....your home team SUCKS and you've no joy in your life...you are here all hours of the day and night and have no life...take your meds, go to therapy, get help and some sleep...for we all know you now...you have no influence on this board...and your influence over yourself is slowly slipping away.......away.............away.......

So you think...........................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

rkarp's wifey-poo must be working as a Globe mod again...lmfao!

no clue what youa re talking about

but do you ever comment with any knowledge of football or the PAts in general? I commented about this a few months ago. You seem to only put up pictures. are your reading and writing skills so low you are unable to communicate in writing, only pictures? seriously, what gives...do you have anything to say about football, or simply like to come to this board and post pictures?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

nitwitt, you are a loser. I suspected you were Rusty, now you have confirmed it...see ya loser. bwhahahahaha!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't at least interview a Defensive Coordinator! Then again like someone said earlier BB doesn't fire coaches, they can leave and even come back in most cases though I'm pretty sure Eric "The Rat" Mangini is probably personna non gratis!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

rkarp's wifey-poo must be working as a Globe mod again...lmfao!

no clue what youa re talking about

but do you ever comment with any knowledge of football or the PAts in general? I commented about this a few months ago. You seem to only put up pictures. are your reading and writing skills so low you are unable to communicate in writing, only pictures? seriously, what gives...do you have anything to say about football, or simply like to come to this board and post pictures?

that's his MO.....namecalling and pics; after he's been owned and is called out for his lies.  He seriously believes his own lies. I wonder what childhood trauma it involved?

NO ...This is my MO..BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The JETS AFE LOSERS.,..NOW THAT's FOOTBALL 101

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll only speak about Patricia.  Didn't our D actually look pretty good before being decimated by key injuries?  Did Patricia knock Wilfork, Mayo, and Kelly out?  Did he injure Talib's hip?  Did he take out Dennard for a few games (still playing hurt IMO)?  If so then heck yeah, replace the bum!  We don't need a DC who injures our own players. I thought they got injured in games Sealed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

.....     Some tough decisions next year include whether the Pats should release 33 year old DT Vince Wilfolk, the great but oft injured Gronk, Jerod Mayo, disappointing WR Danny Amendola, and the aging Logan Mankins. They must also decide whether or not to pay Julian Edelman, whose having a breakout year this season...and whether to pay the tough but one-dimensional ILB, Brandon Spikes.

VW is a prime candidate to be restructured, or cut if he refuses but I doubt he wants to go anywhere at this stage. But Mayo and DA would cost a combined $15.6 mil in dead money vs. a combined cap hit of $12.3 mil. They'll both be back. 

Also, there's no reason Mayo can't recover just fine, a torn pec is not a career ender. And Amendola has done about what was expected. Missed a few games but played well when he's been out there. He's a good receiver, why cut him?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

.....     Some tough decisions next year include whether the Pats should release 33 year old DT Vince Wilfolk, the great but oft injured Gronk, Jerod Mayo, disappointing WR Danny Amendola, and the aging Logan Mankins. They must also decide whether or not to pay Julian Edelman, whose having a breakout year this season...and whether to pay the tough but one-dimensional ILB, Brandon Spikes.

VW is a prime candidate to be restructured, or cut if he refuses but I doubt he wants to go anywhere at this stage. But Mayo and DA would cost a combined $15.6 mil in dead money vs. a combined cap hit of $12.3 mil. They'll both be back. 

Also, there's no reason Mayo can't recover just fine, a torn pec is not a career ender. And Amendola has done about what was expected. Missed a few games but played well when he's been out there. He's a good receiver, why cut him?

It's doubtful anyone gets the heave ho even if they do not restrusture...the two most vulnerable are Arrington, because he's played terribly this year, and BB has shown he'll cut anyone not giving what he's paying for, and VW, if VW comes into camp at 34, as big as a VW, and not fully healed or not performing to his past level of play...

Well, the reason VW could go is because he'd only cost $3.6 mil in dead money vs. a cap hit of almost $12 mil. If he doesn't restructure that he's a goner, there's no choice. He will. Or, he'll retire.

Arrington has a cap hit of $3.6 and a dead money hit of $4.9 next year, that could go either way. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

BB is in full control down there,,,,,the way he likes it.  These guys aren't getting replaced As bad as any of us thinks they are....I agree with bringing in Rexy for def cord Though!  Bring back Weis for O cord!  

Sections
Shortcuts