Looks like AAron Rodgers maybe the best QB drafted between 2004 thru 2006... Cutler looked lost!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Looks like AAron Rodgers maybe the best QB drafted between 2004 thru 2006... Cutler looked lost!

Aaron Rodgers looks like he is primed for a monstrous year. I still like cutler but he simply makes too many idiot plays that simply can not be compensated for against good teams. i called his 4th INT even before he walked to the huddle. i have seen his act enough! rodgers is right now a better pure passing QB than eli manning, strictly based on his tangibles. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Looks like AAron Rodgers maybe the best QB drafted between 2004 thru 2006... Cutler looked lost!

I won't wish disaster upon Cutler for his entire career, but I'd sure like to see him get humbled this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Looks like AAron Rodgers maybe the best QB drafted between 2004 thru 2006... Cutler looked lost!

Cutler is far too careless with the ball. Shanahan let him get away with it because he did make some plays (mostly out of desperation). But he doesn't have Marshall and Royal in Chicago. It seems Cutler is trying to be like Roethlisberger, but he is simply not in the same league. Not to mention the Bears are a far cry from the Steelers. Jay will have a tough go this season, I predict. Wait until he gets to Soldier Field and that wind starts blowing off Lake Michigan! It looks as though he will challenge Favre for the division title in INTs!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like AAron Rodgers maybe the best QB drafted between 2004 thru 2006... Cutler looked lost!:
    Cutler is far too careless with the ball. Shanahan let him get away with it because he did make some plays (mostly out of desperation). But he doesn't have Marshall and Royal in Chicago. It seems Cutler is trying to be like Roethlisberger, but he is simply not in the same league. Not to mention the Bears are a far cry from the Steelers. Jay will have a tough go this season, I predict. Wait until he gets to Soldier Field and that wind starts blowing off Lake Michigan! It looks as though he will challenge Favre for the division title in INTs!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

at this rate, bears fans will start chantinng for ORTON and the GROSS man!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If the name on the back of Cutler's jersey said Favre, then everything would be ok.  Only Fav..re can get away with a night like that.....c'mon that's the ole gunslinger tryin to make a play, he loves the game so much you can just tell by watching, golly..what an arm, did you see how hard he through the ball on that play while completely ignoring coverage or his receivers route? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I always thought Cutler was erratic, and still is. It was a good decision for Denver to let him go. He did make a great throw to Hester for the TD but then again, Hester was wide open...

I think that Green Bay's defense really rattled him too - they were impressive. He looked helpless at the end of the first half.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots74. Show Patriots74's posts

Cutler is gun slinger, so you can oretty much expect the same from him as you would from Brett Favre. In other words some controlled smart throws but many dangerous in coverage throws as well as some I just throw one up there and hope my guy comes down with it kind of throws.

At any rate I thought Rogers looked good last season too. GB lost many of games like right at the end too.

Anyway the Pack looks pretty good so far from that one game and what i saw in the preseason.

One of the issues that a lot of people thought about Culter and the Bear, including myself, is great you got Cutler but who is going to throw to? I actuctly think Cutler is ol QB, better than Orton who he replaced but certainly not elite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Difference Between Brett Farve and Cutler is that Brett Farve had Mike Holmgren the early part of his career.  Holmgren had an incredible relationship with Farve, he controlled his gunslinging and Farve put up incredible numbers TD's to picks, the Packers were the team to beat in the NFC from about 93-98 when Holmgren left, cementing Farve's legacy.  After Holmgren left, Farve never really played at the same level.  Yes he threw lots of TDs and yards, but his mistakes cost and his chasing of the record playing injured a lot, cost the Packers some games.  Had Farve not had those Holmgren seasons and that Superbowl, fans would have tired of Farve's antics quickly. 

That said, Cutler is no Farve because he hasn't proven he's a winner.  Plus Farve has only showed to be a headcase the last couple seasons where Cutler has proven to be a headcase this season at 25.     Cutler will end up like a lot of very talented QB's, Dante Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Jeff George, the Bears will eventually tire of him and probably the huge contract they'll have to sign him too and move on.   

Sections
Shortcuts