Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.

They got a lot of pressure on the QB today. More than any I have seen all year. Great work from BB and the defense to compliment the incredible offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.

I think it was more of a product of seeing Tebow again and his overall ineffectiveness

But it doesnt hurt to have spikes and chung back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

agreed. he didnt paly poor de allseason jsut to fool people wewere bad on defensse this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.:
    [QUOTE]I think it was more of a product of seeing Tebow again and his overall ineffectiveness But it doesnt hurt to have spikes and chung back
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

Sure, we were playing the Broncos, so that caveat must factor in.

Still, other mediocre offenses have lit up the Pats D this year. As far as tonight, I haven't seen the D play with that kind of intensity, fury, abandon and well...SWAGGER...in a long, long, long time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D. : Sure, we were playing the Broncos, so that caveat must factor in. Still, other mediocre offenses have lit up the Pats D this year. As far as tonight, I haven't seen the D play with that kind of intensity, fury, abandon and well...SWAGGER...in a long, long, long time!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

+++++1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D. : Sure, we were playing the Broncos, so that caveat must factor in. Still, other mediocre offenses have lit up the Pats D this year. As far as tonight, I haven't seen the D play with that kind of intensity, fury, abandon and well...SWAGGER...in a long, long, long time!

i am trying to figure out if the denver oline is just really bad or the past dline is that good and bb was just holding back for the playoffs. i don't know if intensity like that from those big guys who looked really quick and strong today ((practically each requiring a double team) cna be stopped by either tex or bal oline. they got beat a few tiems when tt scrambled, but otherwise they were aggressive yet disciplined.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

yes but they must improve to advance in the next round!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D. : i am trying to figure out if the denver oline is just really bad or the past dline is that good and bb was just holding back for the playoffs. i don't know if intensity like that from those big guys who looked really quick and strong today ((practically each requiring a double team) cna be stopped by either tex or bal oline. they got beat a few tiems when tt scrambled, but otherwise they were aggressive yet disciplined.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

They just physically beat the living hell out of Denver on both sides of the ball.

It seemed like a Denver player was down on the ground every 3 minutes. The Broncos were not prepared for that kind of physical game in sub-freezing temperatures...those hits hurt!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Or maybe it was the fact they played the worst offense in the NFL for the second time in 4 weeks and on a bye-and don't forget the Broncos only had 6 days and a flight compared to 2 weeks and home for the Pats.In Response to Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.:
    [QUOTE]They got a lot of pressure on the QB today. More than any I have seen all year. Great work from BB and the defense to compliment the incredible offense.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

announcers said it best.  not used to dropping back to pass like that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I was impressed by the Pats Run Defense more than anything. Denver has a decent running game and we limited them to what seemed to be a non-existent 3.6 yards per carry. Great Defense last night all the way around and easily the best game we've played all year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Looks like BB kept something up his sleeve for the playoffs on D.:
    [QUOTE]They got a lot of pressure on the QB today. More than any I have seen all year. Great work from BB and the defense to compliment the incredible offense.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

They also got great pressure last time they played Denver too. The Bronco offense can't play from behind. They aren't even terrible at pass-pro but Tebow is bad at making decisions. 

The funny thing is how the commentators are "shocked," when NE lit them up almost as bad in Denver. 

An awkward running team like Denver just doesn't match up well against NE, who can stop the run without bringing safeties up, and can score points like a hellion on wheels. 

Kudos to the defense, especially Spikes who was in command, and Anderson/Nink who made their presence felt all night long. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Belichick looked cold to me. I bet he was secretly wishing that he hadn't cut his sleeves off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Very impressed with the run defense. THis was the best I've ever seen Nink play. He made Dumervil and Von Miller look like a couple of chumps on the other side! Warren/Wilfork/Deaderick/Love/Spikes big props to all those guys, what a game. Whether Baltimore or Houston win, the Pats just proved they could contain Foster or Rice and make Flacco or Yates beat them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Part of the reason the pressured the QB is because they played better and had key players back on teh field.

Another part is that tebow holds the ball forever and Denver is the only team in the NFL that doesn't use a done of quick timing slants, outs, etc to negate a pass rush.

Don't get too hyped.

The defense was fantastic yesterday.  But they did not do great against the run - 5 yards was the norm for Denver until late in the game.  And they won't face such a limited offense next week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

They allowed 3.6 ypc against the NFL's top rushing offense. I'll take that any day thank you very much!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

That looked like the defense we saw in preseason.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Isn't this the SAME Denver offense that played the Steelers last week?  Why this "caveat" crap??!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Another part is that tebow holds the ball forever and Denver is the only team in the NFL that doesn't use a done of quick timing slants, outs, etc to negate a pass rush

One of those fumbles if you look was because Tebow does that arm drop thing they complained about during the draft. He needs to correct that more then anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The good thing for next week is that we will also be playing a run oriented team.

PATRIOTS by 21