looks like BB made the right call on Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: looks like BB made the right call on Bodden

In Response to Re: looks like BB made the right call on Bodden:
    [QUOTE]I really wouldn't consider the fact that no one picked him up makes it the right call. I'd just go based off the fact that he very rarely screws these things up and knows when to cut the cord. It's bringing the right players in, is what is concerning me.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's hard to tell if it was the right call. While have to wait to see how Molden and Adams performs before saying that it's the right call.

What concerns me is that Adams is considered a better choice at CB even though this is his 3rd contract with the team in under a month period. BB must have heard or seen something from Bodden in the locker room to be this concerned. Yes Molden took Arrington's spot who took Bodden's spot but I have to believe Bodden is better then Adams so there is something we aren't hearing about. In either case BB might have made the right call for concern for the team and locker room but just because no one wanted to pick up his large contract doesn't mean someone won't try to sign him right now, esp after he cleared waivers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

looks like BB made the right call on Bodden

No one picked him up on waivers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/leigh-bodden-goes-unclaimed-on-waivers/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really wouldn't consider the fact that no one picked him up makes it the right call. I'd just go based off the fact that he very rarely screws these things up and knows when to cut the cord. It's bringing the right players in, is what is concerning me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I really wouldn't consider the fact that no one picked him up makes it the right call. I'd just go based off the fact that he very rarely screws these things up and knows when to cut the cord. It's bringing the right players in, is what is concerning me.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

spin it the way you want, turns out Bodden was a dud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If he made the right call they never would have signed him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2011. Show mighty2011's posts

[QUOTE]If he made the right call they never would have signed him. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Yes why can't he be like the other 31 GMs who only sign hall-of-famers to their teams?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]If he made the right call they never would have signed him. 

When they signed him, he was pretty decent. Everyone falls off their game, some sooner than others

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

Give it time, it may be a boon for us, especially since he cleared waivers.  He's still ours, maybe this is what BB was counting on.  Make him get his sht together, then bring him back rejuvenated.  One can hope can't he?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: looks like BB made the right call on Bodden : When they signed him, he was pretty decent. Everyone falls off their game, some sooner than others
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

So cutting him and now having to pay the rest of his salary is being right? That's an interesting concept.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: looks like BB made the right call on Bodden : So cutting him and now having to pay the rest of his salary is being right? That's an interesting concept.

are you sure he's getting the rest of his salary?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

He is due 8 million the rest of his contract which was 2 more years. We only have a cap hit, we don't have to pay the full portion of his salary from this point forward as NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

Anybody here who thinks the CB's we have on the roster are better then Bodden must not have watched the game on Sunday. His release was not based on skill level.

Sounds like he was becoming a cancer in the locker room. Being a 9 year veteran we could not have that with the young and impressionable group on defense(at least in the secondary and LB core) I wish we didn't have to let go of Bodden. To me, he seemed to be with Mccourty and Arington as the only guys to know what they were doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]He is due 8 million the rest of his contract which was 2 more years. We only have a cap hit, we don't have to pay the full portion of his salary from this point forward as NFL contracts are not guaranteed. Anybody here who thinks the CB's we have on the roster are better then Bodden must not have watched the game on Sunday. His release was not based on skill level. Sounds like he was becoming a cancer in the locker room. Being a 9 year veteran we could not have that with the young and impressionable group on defense(at least in the secondary and LB core) I wish we didn't have to let go of Bodden. To me, he seemed to be with Mccourty and Arington as the only guys to know what they were doing.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. The corners replacing Bodden made rookie mistakes that cost points. One of them got picked for crying out loud and and lead to a TD. That would never have happened to Bodden. 

I think there is truth to the speculation that Bodden didn't want to play the slot spot and was grumbling about it. 

I'd like to have the guy on the team as he's better than the back ups, but you can't play on the Patriots if you are unwilling to play the role BB gives you. He can sit at home and not play at all now. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

This release was injury related if you ask me and that's why it can't really be criticized. It's all speculation anyway. If he wasn't going to be on the field we can't sit around waiting until next year. We need to go out and get a PROVEN veteran at this position next year. Acually 2-3 of them would be nice including a linebacker!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

As far as his play, he did go on IR last year and more than likely is not healed completely at this point.

I can't believe no one mentioned it unless I had a brain F@rt!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I had heard he was laboring in his movement around the locker room.  I'm sure thay also surmised that he was as good as everyone else or as bad what ever way you look at it.  So they just parted ways.  It's funny how this works.  Couple seasons ago last or the year before we had the ex-Lion Paris Lennon here at Linebacker.  He was pretty good for the Lions.  Came here as was cut.  I think he was picked up and became a starter wherever he landed. Arizona?  Sure they sucked, but sometimes some guys fit a particular scheme. 

Let's not forget our stellar pass rush has a wee bit something to do with the effectiveness of our DB's. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

No one claimed him because no one wanted to pay him.  Now that he cleared Waivers someone will take him but NE will still be writing the checks.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Font size isn't working, but to quote the great Tcal:

BUST

Sections
Shortcuts