Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season......

391 yards through 6 games with 5 TDs, are pretty solid stats.   He's the perfect back for this system, a non-ego guy who can carry the load 20+ times a game, or just carry it 10 times in a game where Brady is picking apart a secondary. 

He runs as hard as any back in the NFL, that's why he's so great in the goal line.  With Ridley's potential, and hopefully Faulk and Woodhead getting in the mix on third down the future looks bright this season for New England's backfield.      

I'd rank Green-Ellis ahead of Antoine Smith, but slightly behind Corey Dillion, in terms of RBs of the Hoodie's era. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Re: Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season......

He doesn't fumble and gets yards when they aren't there.  People who complain that he doesn't have 20+ yard runs are silly.  The end.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season......

In Response to Re: Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season......:
    I think he's one of the better all around backs in the AFC right now.  You can call it a homer statement if you want, but the numbers tell us otherwise. I agree he's ahead of Smith in terms of skill set and that it's hard to place him on a Dillon level. I wish he would have been used earlier in the game yesterday.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I can't believe you're going to make me say this.

Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season

Not with O'Brien calling the plays..Wink

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Every time he has gotten > 15 carries in his career he has had > 4.0 ypc. Every poor game he has had he's gotten basically 10 or fewer carries. Seems pretty obvious what to do here to me

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If Tom Brady gets hit like he did yesterday then Benny may be getting a lot more touches....as Brian Hoyer starts playing Qb for us..

Protect Brady, run the rock.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hits the hole hard, doesn't dance behind the line, usually doesn't come down after first contact, always falls forward and does not fumble. Oh yeah and he keeps opposing DCs honest and makes the offense less predictable.

He ain't AP or CJ, but he is solid week after week. Now let's heal the toe injury during bye.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Green-Ellis will probably have about three or four games during the last 10 games where he rushes for 100 yards.  The rest of the games will depend on what we're doing offensivenly.  More importantly he'll probably end up with double digit touchdowns again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season......:
    I think he's one of the better all around backs in the AFC right now.  You can call it a homer statement if you want, but the numbers tell us otherwise. I agree he's ahead of Smith in terms of skill set and that it's hard to place him on a Dillon level. I wish he would have been used earlier in the game yesterday.

I was talking to a young YETS fan on the phone last night and he agrees with you.  So do I. 

I also agree with you King that the PATS move away from the run too quickly in games and yes, that is an O'Brien failing, unless it's Bill who is mandating that approach.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i love benny

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I love his ball security, but a lot of backs could get 1,000 yards when defenses focus almost solely on stopping Brady and the passing game.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's close he's on pace for 1,042.  Still it's impressive on an offense that is focused on the passing game, then again I would say that having a legitimate running back only helps the passing game...it's also nice that option of running the ball in when your in the red zone. 

What I also find impressive is the zero fumbles last year, and so far this year....don't want to jinx him but another 1,000 + yard season with zero fumbles is fine by me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

A RB who ALWAYS gets yards, NEVER fumbles and has a knack for the end zone. Pretty good qualities to have in a RB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Maroney would have just ran right into the wall of blockers.

Just thinking about Maroney running the football gives me nightmares.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: Looks Like BenJarvis-Green Ellis Will Rush For 1,000 Yards Again This Season...... : Just thinking about Maroney running the football gives me nightmares.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa

What's wrong with Maroney? He was a hard nosed runner who always hit the holes and never got into trouble off field ;-)
    Nevermind, I just sobered up. Maroney sucked donkey's balls!

Sections
Shortcuts