looks like favre is calling it a career

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: looks like favre is calling it a career

Now matter how many times he does this, someone always falls for it.

Viklings fan is apopleptic . . .

which is pretty amusing.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Haven't we been here before? Or is the NFL's drama queen just trying to pump up the hype for when he "comes out of retirement" yet again in October?

I'll go jfaust one better; I'll believe it when I see someone drive a wooden stake through his heart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Favre is like school at 5:00 in the morning......  No class.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Vigings flagship KFAN worded their latest release this way:

Reports from KFAN contributor Judd Zulgad claim that Brett Favre informed Vikings officials of his decision to retire for a third time. Should the decision stand -- and with Favre, it's never official until the first snap of Week 1 -- the Vikings will likely move to reinstall Tarvaris Jackson as the starting quarterback.

Last year Chilly had to drive to the airport himself to pick Favre up when he finally reported. One can only wonder what hoops he'll make the Purple brain trust jump through in the coming weeks to satisfy his Brobdignagian ego.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The last week of preseason games we'll start hearing stories about "Favre Getting the Itch to Play."

I won't believe it until he's been out a couple years

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Time to take "Old Yeller" out to the woods

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: looks like favre is calling it a career:
    Finally.   He's been the most annoying prima donna the last 2 years.  Tavaris Jackson is likely not going to be able to finish the season. How funny is it, Favre's last play is a dumb, unnecessary INT?
    Posted by russgriswold

he ran out of legs, cauz he got slammed just 10 mins before a normal qb would even think twice before coming back on field. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

The last week of preseason games we'll start hearing stories about "Favre Getting the Itch to Play." I won't believe it until he's been out a couple years

Posted by magicalhobo

lol yhea, but the older he gets the harder it gets to come back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Good thing I don't watch BSPN - probably nothing but Favre talk and highlights about his career just like his Green Bay, and Green New Jersey retirements. Guess I won't believe it until I see it...even then I won't believe it until the season's over. Hey Brett they make cream's for those itches.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Minnesota is curently the second highest NFL team on my power rankings at 13.3 victories out of 16 for 2010, and they're the highest ranked team on the Patriots' schedule before home field advantage is added in.  I'll just have to watch all the air come out of that ranking in the next few weeks.  My rankings are stats-based, not rumor-based.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Finally.   He's been the most annoying prima donna the last 2 years.  Tavaris Jackson is likely not going to be able to finish the season. How funny is it, Favre's last play is a dumb, unnecessary INT?
    Posted by russgriswold

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Kind of like TB's against the 'phins in Miami last season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

4 things come to mind,

1.  Now everytime a QB struggles, or gets hurt this season rumors will swirl that they are trying to get Favre.  Favre watch will not end.

2.  Part of me wanted to see him play until 50 just so Manning wouldn't catch those oh so important career records.

3.  The Pats Vikings game may not be as exciting, but it should be an easier win.

4  P-Mike- "Brobdignagian", that's a big word.  I had to look it up.  Brobdingnanian is a brobdingnagian word.  Had anyone else ever heard that word?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, I really didn't like the whole would he/wouldn't he thing year after year, but he DID get them to the AFC Championship.  Of course, he also lost said championship for them in a most Favrelike manner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

4  P-Mike- "Brobdignagian ", that's a big word.  I had to look it up.  Brobdingnanian is a brobdingnagian word.  Had anyone else ever heard that word?
    Posted by shenanigan

Please don't tell me kids aren't reading Gulliver's Travels anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: looks like favre is calling it a career : Please don't tell me kids aren't reading Gulliver's Travels anymore.
    Posted by p-mike

I guess Swift just isn't the rockstar he was when you were growing up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This just in....Favre hates Training Camp..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Favre's last pass with the Vikings love the radio call of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo3mvfIy5Lg&feature=related

Funny thing is here's that same radio call applied to Manning's interception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwaWEeVj8pc

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I like the way Paul Allen starts out very low key and professional when Favre throws the pick, then starts losing it by the end of the clip. You would have to be in the local market to understand how this guy had Favre's nuts in his mouth all season and could not praise him high enough (despite the fact that he was the living embodiment of the Vikings' fiercest rival for 15 years). What's funny to me is that all of this is bound to recur. Favre will jerk Chili and Zygi around for a few weeks, show up in camp a couple weeks before the opener and Vikings rube will forget all about all of this and sit back to watch Favre do it all again.

I wonder what kind of odds I could get from Vegas that Favre ends his fourth consecutive season with an interception.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I like the way Paul Allen starts out very low key and professional when Favre throws the pick, then starts losing it by the end of the clip. You would have to be in the local market to understand how this guy had Favre's nuts in his mouth all season and could not praise him high enough (despite the fact that he was the living embodiment of the Vikings' fiercest rival for 15 years). What's funny to me is that all of this is bound to recur. Favre will jerk Chili and Zygi around for a few weeks, show up in camp a couple weeks before the opener and Vikings rube will forget all about all of this and sit back to watch Favre do it all again. I wonder what kind of odds I could get from Vegas that Favre ends his fourth consecutive season with an interception.
    Posted by p-mike

Lived in Rochester Minnesota for over 5 years before moving back to New Hampshire. Loved listening to KFAN still do after moving out here. Very much a football first station which is great.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

He's not even done:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5436231

He'll "feel" healthy enough to play come the start of the season. This was a ploy to a) get more money out of the Vikings and b) skip training camp and all of pre-season.

Favre has never cared for health over playing so that's complete bull. He and his agent also knew the Vikings had no backup plan and were banking on Favre to return. In a negotiation, that's a great thing to have: ultimate leverage. He just got $4-5 million for allegedly sending a text message or two. Gotta' love that ROI. It probably cost him .05 to send each message...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if he finally does retire for good this season. watch out for Joe Webb their 7th round draft pick this year. I wanted us to take him. he is very mobile, very athletic, and has a strong arm. he could be quite good.  The vikings losing favre is definiatley going to cut 2-3 games from their win total.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts