Looks like Landry is still playing in week 7. Lots of folks got explaining to do here...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Looks like Landry is still playing in week 7. Lots of folks got explaining to do here...

Im just saying. I wasnt that upset that we didnt sign the guy, but I find it funny how some folks here were saying in the summer that this guy couldnt even walk, let alone play a football game again. I believe Truechamp was the main culprit but I could be wrong.

Im not here to say I wish we had so and so. All I had said is that Landry would be a good fit here and B.B. would have him playing well and would use him as the 3rd safety like hes been trying to do. A few said they would take him but most said his career was DONE all because of some stupid pic that was posted of him after lifting weights. I argued for 2 months about this telling folks he came into the league like that and if he had no chance to play then why not retire. One guy said you cant run when you are that big. I heard it all. His achilles is mush. He is too big and he cant run anymore...

Well the guy is healthy and still playing and making plays and hitting hard and meanwhile our Safety Chung is on the shelf along with our prized free agent for a few weeks now.

Atleast the Jets can say BOTH Landy and Bell are healthy and playing well. As soon as Landry signed with the Jets everyone wished bad luck with his health and to that I say, STop being a homer and learn the game so I dont have to come back and school you! Stop down playing peoples career just because they go to a team you dont like. I wish we had Landry on our team instead of these stiffs. atleast Landry can cover TEs and hits hard as H3ll! and doesnt allow people to run free througout the secondary all Game!  So once again people are gushing over B.B.'s move in the offseason and I ask WHY!?

We have Kyle Arrington who some called a probowler last year because he had some pics. Well # 32 had 7 pics as a rookie and he is now a safety. Arrington is adequate in zone coverage and most his pics came from playing that or getting tippped passes but he has never been able to cover one on one and thats pretty clear now but B.B. likes him as a starter!??! A career special teamer!  Way to stock the back end Billy!  Every pass thrown to him the WR was open by atleast 5 YARDS!!!  He cant cover ANYONE right now. Sanchez threw for 326 and had numerous WRs open on most plays but just missed them. Had it been a formidable Qb, the game is not even close and we lose.  We still Arent blitzing and are guys are back there doing everything BUT covering anyone.

Once again we were in a squeaker because our defense gave up a 14 play, 92 yard drive after our offense scored. Way to have the offenses back, Defense. It took O/t for you all to finally get a stop!  and Lloyd....well, yea he is no Randy Moss. Told ya so...   smh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Looks like Landry is still playing in week 7. Lots of folks got explaining to do here...

The guy that was torched for 2 TD's by Gronk?  Yea he would fit right in with this Pats D.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Looks like Landry is still playing in week 7. Lots of folks got explaining to do here...

My point is that he is healthy and playing well. Most here said he was done and would never play again and after the Jets signed him, he was the worst player ever.

Gronk has a habit of doing that to everyone and I thought the coverage was good but the pass was perfect. Like I said , I didnt create this to say I wish. I did it to remind the folks said that oooooh! Look at big his muscles are, he will never play again....  Like Football players arent supposed to be big or something. He is a presence on the field which is more then we can say for Chung WHEN he is out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My point is that he is healthy and playing well. Most here said he was done and would never play again and after the Jets signed him, he was the worst player ever.

Gronk has a habit of doing that to everyone and I thought the coverage was good but the pass was perfect. Like I said , I didnt create this to say I wish. I did it to remind the folks said that oooooh! Look at big his muscles are, he will never play again....  Like Football players arent supposed to be big or something. He is a presence on the field which is more then we can say for Chung WHEN he is out there.

[/QUOTE]

I think he is just another version of Chung.  He is very good against the run, and at this point, is very average (at best) vs. the pass.  What the Pats need is a deep/cover safety.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

No the Pats need an intimidator. You think Rodney leaving and our secondary s*cking are not related??

I bet Lloyd was thinking about Landry every time a pass came his way and thats why he caught ONE ball after being targeted 8 times.

Gregory is the closest thing u can find to a true free safety but our secondary was still toast with him there and he is like a CB and much smaller than I thought. The problem is WRs arent scared to catch the ball downfield and thats because 1.) are safeties are always out position. and 2.) if they are in position they arent gonna knock you out...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy that was torched for 2 TD's by Gronk?  Yea he would fit right in with this Pats D.

[/QUOTE]

lmao...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well D.Keller had a pretty good game too so who was covering him??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Landry seems like a guy who likes to hit but is always a few steps behind and breaking up a play.  While I like big hitters, that's really all he has to offer.  I don't see him making plays out there.  He was beat last night fot td's and had Lloyd not dropped a few he would have been beat more.  Not impressed by him other then he is willing to hit but we have guys who don't mind hitting either, it's stopping the play from happining that he lacks, we have some of those players already. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

tfb. I agree. I am only stating he is Healthy. He can make good hits and the WR usually doesnt go any further. If he was our 3rd safety playing in the box, our defense would be better im sure but im really just stating that guys with muscles can play and that most NFL players have muscles. I swear to you atleast 5 or 6 folks said he couldnt move due to his achilles and his steriod use and his huge muscle mass. He kept most of our wrs from getting any yac.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tfb. I agree. I am only stating he is Healthy. He can make good hits and the WR usually doesnt go any further. If he was our 3rd safety playing in the box, our defense would be better im sure but im really just stating that guys with muscles can play and that most NFL players have muscles. I swear to you atleast 5 or 6 folks said he couldnt move due to his achilles and his steriod use and his huge muscle mass. He kept most of our wrs from getting any yac.

[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying, I too am surprised that he has lasted this long into the season with all the question marks about him.  But would I like him more then what we have?  I don't think he would make any difference.  There is still a lot of games left, will he make it the full season?  We won't know that until after the season but once again, I don't think he is a player we say shucks, that's one who got away from us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If Landry were here he would be exposed terribly with the scheme we are playing.  Landry might have more raw talent than Chung, but the issue would be the same.  We would be asking a safety who excels in the box to play in deep coverage.  Landry might be an intimidator like Rodney, but if you think he would have a Rodney like impact on this D you are very wrong imo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Landry is overrated and overpaid, but it is nice to see his body not breaking apart like many thought, I never want to see anyone hurt.

That being said I'd want Jermiah Bell over him and requested that all offseason.

Bell would have better a better fir on this team and in the lockerroom than Landry or Gregory.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well wheres Chung and Gregory right now??

For someone who is soo much better he cant even make a big hit w/out messing up his shoulder so I respectfully disagree that he wouldnt help us in the position we are in right now.

Chung literally messed up his shoulder on his 1st big hit in the 1st game and its gonna cost him a whole season going in and out the lineup.  Gregory cost  how much again??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought he had very good coverage on Gronk during that first touchdown - ran with him stride for stride and was in great position - outside of just flat out tackling Gronk, there was nothing he could of done better. I thought he tackled very well during the game and was a physical presence. I hate to say it, but he kind of reminded me of a physical safety we used to have here...instead we now have Steven Gregory.