Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week

Is Denver any good, or do the Pokes s*ck as bad as I think?

Or both?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week

I think it is a little bit of both. Watching that game i come away impressed with Moreno and the aggressiveness of that Bronco D. Either way I am happy with the fact the Pats have alot of tough games early on in the schedule. As for Dallas there not even the second best team in there own division. Love Barber but I am not sure Romo has what it takes to win the big one. The only thing about Dallas I care about is Demarcus Ware becoming a free agent after this season. I'm frothing at the bit and i guess a little delusional in thinking the pats would make a play for him. I guess if they did for AD why not Ware...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This is going to be quite interesting.  While many discounted the value O'Connell had for the Jets, how the heck can you discount your O coordinator being on the opponent's team?  Furthermore, unlike most teams who lose their O coordinator, we did not bring in a new coordinator to install a new system.  We are running the same system.

I tend to agree with some of the media who believed that funky flashcard usage in the Jets game was had more to do with O'Connell, and not the Jets D.  They are going to have to come up with something to keep MacD guessing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week:
    This is going to be quite interesting.  While many discounted the value O'Connell had for the Jets, how the heck can you discount your O coordinator being on the opponent's team?  Furthermore, unlike most teams who lose their O coordinator, we did not bring in a new coordinator to install a new system.  We are running the same system. I tend to agree with some of the media who believed that funky flashcard usage in the Jets game was had more to do with O'Connell, and not the Jets D.  They are going to have to come up with something to keep MacD guessing.
    Posted by carawaydj

That goes both ways you know. Don't you think BB knows all about those formations that he taught Mac?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats opponents combined going into the games we play is 10-0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week:
    Pats opponents combined going into the games we play is 10-0.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

The Cowboys are as bad as they look. Denver has lucked into an easy schedule. I'm sure the Broncos have circuled the calander for the Patriots, and marked it PAIN

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Surprisingly, Denver has a pretty good D and Orton and company are playing mistake free offense. The Denver Broncos are playing Patriots style football. What was once an easy win on the schedule is no longer. Patriots by 7.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Denver is *not* a bad team. Even if you say the teams they've played are not very good, just the way they look, the way they bring themselves onto the field, the smarts they possess, and the fact that they are running a complex system that well so quickly - says a lot about that team.

I have no doubt that the Broncos will bring a challenge for us. McD was smart enough to help foster our complex offense. I'm sure he's put in a lot of tricks of his own. What did they say today? Something like McD is putting in 30 new plays a week?! Crazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Take this opponent seriously.

Playing in Denver is always hard.

More so when Denver is surging as they are now.

I hope NE is all business, because they get a breather with Tennessee and Tampa the next two weeks, and then a bye.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

And speaking of "stinks" . . .

It's odd to be looking at Tennessee as a "breather."

I was a charter member of the Tennessee is a Mirage Fan Club last season, and we all had a good laugh in the playoffs -- but I wonder if underdogg might not have a point when he says you don't go from 13-3 to dog food in one season.

What the hell is wrong with the Titans?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

And speaking of "stinks" . . . It's odd to be looking at Tennessee as a "breather." I was a charter member of the Tennessee is a Mirage Fan Club last season, and we all had a good laugh in the playoffs -- but I wonder if underdogg might not have a point when he says you don't go from 13-3 to dog food in one season. What the hell is wrong with the Titans?
    Posted by prairiemike

Yeah after next week we play two teams (Tennessee and Tampa Bay) that haven't won a game. One at home and one in Old England. Then our bye week so we have an extra week to gear up for a home game against Miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Dumervil is for real - I think he has 5 sacks already.  Champ Bailey looked like his old self in the highlights shown of the Cowboys trying to tie it from 5 yards out at the end of the game.  Their receivers are legit - Brandon Marshall is talented if not troubled, and I like Eddie Royal.  Old friend Daniel Graham is still a good blocker and an above average tight end.  Their left tackle is widely considered the best young left tackle in the game (over Joe Thomas and Jake Long).  Knowshon Moreno (sp?) is supposedly pretty good.

And the game is in Denver.  I'd feel better if the game was here in New England - Denver has a legit home field advantage, if only for the altitude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It's odd to be looking at Tennessee as a "breather."

I, too, thought Tennessee was over-rated. But losing Haynesworth was huge. There is only one other guy that big and fast in the NFL, and he is a Raider now.

On the flip side, I am beginning to look like a moron for thinking the Broncos would take a nose dive. Although, at this point last season they were sliced bread too. So we can wait and see.

Here is what I know. If Tennessee plays like they have been, it is a breather. Running offenses don't fair well against NE.

And Denver is always a hard place to play unless you are doping red blood cells.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Not sure what to make of the Broncos. Thier defense has looked strong, but except for Dallas today, thier opponants so far are among the weaklings of the NFL, and if Romo had been on target today his team might have won, but he had a horrible game, although I will give credit to Denvers defense. 

As for thier offense the running game stats look good, but again they've played the NFLs weaklings. Also, after four years in the league I can't take any offense serious with the likes of Kyle Orton at QB.

As for the game it could be a tough one, only because the Pats are still in sort of a rebuilding mode, the defense still is still jelling and Brady is still not back to his old form yet. If this game was played in week twelve, I'd pick the Pats as a solid pick.

Hetchinspete.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week : I, too, thought Tennessee was over-rated. But losing Haynesworth was huge. There is only one other guy that big and fast in the NFL, and he is a Raider now. On the flip side, I am beginning to look like a moron for thinking the Broncos would take a nose dive. Although, at this point last season they were sliced bread too. So we can wait and see. Here is what I know. If Tennessee plays like they have been, it is a breather. Running offenses don't fair well against NE. And Denver is always a hard place to play unless you are doping red blood cells.
    Posted by zbellino

I didn't see a Tennessee collapse coming, but they looked like they gave up today.  My only concern is that they'll be a desperate team with nothing to lose.

It's funny though that Haynesworth also hasn't done too well in Washington.  I hope all of that money is worth it to both him and Dan Snyder.  It's times like these that make me feel good about whatever personnel decisions the Patriots make.  That's why I think Hanson is still our punter - they don't spend more money on a position than they think it's worth.  Maybe Tennessee knew how to use Haynesworth.  Or maybe Zorn really is a bad coach.  I think it was KC Joyner on ESPN (the football sabermetrics guy) who pointed out that Tennessee was only surrendering 2.3 yards per carry, but it was the pass rush that was suffering.  Interesting.

I think Tennessee is one-dimensional enough that the Pats will do well.  I'm not worried about Tampa so much as I am about traveling to London and playing on the beaten grass field in Wembley Stadium, but that's too far ahead.

Broncos this week.  We'll see.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Take this opponent seriously. Playing in Denver is always hard. More so when Denver is surging as they are now. I hope NE is all business, because they get a breather with Tennessee and Tampa the next two weeks, and then a bye.
    Posted by zbellino

Seems Denver has the Pats number whenever they play in DEnver.  Some of Brady's worst game were played in the Mile High!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~I know that each new year is a new year, different team and blah, blah...But, at least in the past decade, Denver seems to ALWAYS bring their A-Game vs Pats, account for Josh McDaniels, home-field, and IMO THIS one will be by far their toughest test...  Brady, who's record is astounding, is something like 1 Win and 4 Losses vs the Donks...  Maybe it is the home-field advantage of mile-high...IDK the stats or anything, but haven't we played Denver IN Denver for the last, what...27 out of 28 meetings of the two teams...I mean, sheez.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's going to be harder than we think. Mickey D knows this offense inside and out, he'll find a way to stop it. The most exciting thing about next week is the chance to see Mayo back out there with the team. Belichick really opened up the playbook on defense. They had constant pressure on Flacco, I can only imagine what kind of plays Belichick would let Mayo run. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well one thing about next week JBolt better be a Pats fan. I really don't see Denver crumbling at the end of the season with McD as coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

This is going to be quite interesting.  While many discounted the value O'Connell had for the Jets, how the heck can you discount your O coordinator being on the opponent's team?  Furthermore, unlike most teams who lose their O coordinator, we did not bring in a new coordinator to install a new system.  We are running the same system. I tend to agree with some of the media who believed that funky flashcard usage in the Jets game was had more to do with O'Connell, and not the Jets D.  They are going to have to come up with something to keep MacD guessing.
    Posted by carawaydj
    this is true.josh knows bradys strength,and weakness.sure the bronco,s offense isnt steller,but either is the pats right now,and the bronco,s defense is real good,and they create turn overs,and can pressure the qb,s,and sacks.not to mention there has been jinxes when it comes to the bronco,s.for whatever reason the bronco,s have had there way with the pats.the pats should win this game,but dont under estimate the bronco,s.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

And speaking of "stinks" . . . It's odd to be looking at Tennessee as a "breather." I was a charter member of the Tennessee is a Mirage Fan Club last season, and we all had a good laugh in the playoffs -- but I wonder if underdogg might not have a point when he says you don't go from 13-3 to dog food in one season. What the hell is wrong with the Titans?
    Posted by prairiemike

No Albert Haynsworth or Cortland Finnegan, Defense can't get off the field and Titans are not a team to come from behind with K Collins.

Denver is letting up less then a td a game right now. Little worried about this game but not sure if I should be.

Big Win against Ravens they will be there in the end. Our D missed on some plays but they still look pretty good. Only 14 pts given up on defense!!!

Go Pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

As a Colt fan, it's quite an unfamiliar feeling to be rooting for the Patriots for a 2nd week in a row!  Thanks for taking care of Baltimore - now let's get Denver a loss!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Looks LIke We've Got Another Undefeated Team to Knock Off Next Week : I, too, thought Tennessee was over-rated. But losing Haynesworth was huge. There is only one other guy that big and fast in the NFL, and he is a Raider now. On the flip side, I am beginning to look like a moron for thinking the Broncos would take a nose dive. Although, at this point last season they were sliced bread too. So we can wait and see. Here is what I know. If Tennessee plays like they have been, it is a breather. Running offenses don't fair well against NE. And Denver is always a hard place to play unless you are doping red blood cells.
    Posted by zbellino

Not sure if Tennessee can be defended, but I agree that Haynesworth's departure has really really hurt them.  Plus, he was motivated last year (contract year). 

What I can say is that they have lost 4 games by 33 points with 20 of those points coming this sunday.  I am very very wary of Tennessee.  If they have any pride at all, they are not a team to take lightly. 

I do am eating the egg off of my face re: Denver.  I don't care if they have played a cream puff schedule and Dallas isn't what the pundits thought they were.  If you are 4-0 in the NFL, you deserve credit.  the question is, will it last. 

6 of their next 7 games look very difficult, and the one that is not on the list is on the road in Washington. 

Sections
Shortcuts