Lose one key player... which team in the NFL can least afford this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lose one key player... which team in the NFL can least afford this?

It has been a constant theme about the Pats this pre-season, that being "if the Pats stay healthy, they'll win the SB." This can be said for any of the favorites in the hunt for the Lombardi Trophy.  With that said....

Of all the teams in the NFL, which team can least afford to lose their top player in which such a loss just about fully derails their chances at winning the SB, let alone get to the playoffs? Conversely, which team could lose a key player and still be a major factor in the SB hunt?

My picks:

Key loss - Denver if they lose Manning...  that team has everything riding on Manning being healthy to lead that offense.

Key loss, but, keep on trucking - Patriots - they can lose Brady, but, BB has that knack for getting the right players in to keep the team winning. This season, the D could be the reason they win it all, or at least, go real deep even without Brady.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Lose one key player... which team in the NFL can least afford this?

Either Manning in Den or Brady in NE are my top choices. I don't think the Pats make the playoffs without Brady nor Den without Manning. Sea seems like the best team to manage without their best player. If Sherman goes down I think they could still go on.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Colts with Luck.

Packers with Rodgers.

I think one of those two teams. I'd consider Denver as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Not sure NO would win 6 games without Brees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would like to see Denver without Demaryius Thomas. It would be interesting to see how much he contributes to Manning's greatness there. 

As for the Pats and someone other than Brady, it would be interesting seeing them without BB. Not a player, but they lost almost everyone last year and still did well.

The Vikings without AP would be even more pathetic.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Almost any team losing a franchise type QB would be in some trouble, but does Carolina win three games without Newton? Rivers is another one that would be badly missed.

Of the non-QBs, Detroit would be a lot worse without Megatron, as would KC without Charles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Almost any team losing a franchise type QB would be in some trouble, but does Carolina win three games without Newton? Rivers is another one that would be badly missed.

Of the non-QBs, Detroit would be a lot worse without Megatron, as would KC without Charles.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure Carolina is going to win much more than 3 games with Newton this year. Lot of questions with the wideouts and besides Kalil the O-line is a mess. They are going to have to win a lot of low scoring games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, take away Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Kaepernick (because Gabbert is the bsckup now), Luck and those type QBs and most these teams would be in trouble unless some back up shines which is unlikely.

Non Qbs I would add Philly- McCoy (he makes that machine go), Seattle - Lynch, Minny - AP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

bump....  any more takers?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

It has been a constant theme about the Pats this pre-season, that being "if the Pats stay healthy, they'll win the SB." This can be said for any of the favorites in the hunt for the Lombardi Trophy.  With that said....

Of all the teams in the NFL, which team can least afford to lose their top player in which such a loss just about fully derails their chances at winning the SB, let alone get to the playoffs? Conversely, which team could lose a key player and still be a major factor in the SB hunt?

My picks:

Key loss - Denver if they lose Manning...  that team has everything riding on Manning being healthy to lead that offense.

Key loss, but, keep on trucking - Patriots - they can lose Brady, but, BB has that knack for getting the right players in to keep the team winning. This season, the D could be the reason they win it all, or at least, go real deep even without Brady.

no Brady 9 wins...but the AFC Easy and weak AFC will help. Most indispensable Aaron Rogers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no Brady 9 wins...but the AFC easy and weak AFC will help

[/QUOTE]

No Eli - Giants win 13! Ha, couldn't help myself!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

eh not bad but ur not ready for prime time yet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Teams have lost QB's, RB's, WR's to injuries in the NFL and did good. QB's are huge, but in the NFL, if you have to rely on one Player to make or break it, you have a weak team. The key word is TEAM.
    That's why Coaching is huge in Football, Good Coaches are ready to change the team in an instant, to keep winning. They are prepared for the worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Any team whose best player is a QB is of course going to be most affected by this.  For example even if you think Sherman is the best player on the Seahawks it is pretty obvious to me at least that losing Wilson would be a much bigger blow.  Brady is obviously very high up there, but I don't think he is at the top simply because we have the best coach in the NFL (a luxury which other teams do not have).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

eh not bad but ur not ready for prime time yet

[/QUOTE]

Never suggested I was - never really been good at trash talk but I'm OK with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Any team whose best player is a QB is of course going to be most affected by this.  For example even if you think Sherman is the best player on the Seahawks it is pretty obvious to me at least that losing Wilson would be a much bigger blow.  Brady is obviously very high up there, but I don't think he is at the top simply because we have the best coach in the NFL (a luxury which other teams do not have).

the problem with that theory is Brady has had the biggest part in making Bellichick the "best coach in the NFL"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

the problem with that theory is Brady has had the biggest part in making Bellichick the "best coach in the NFL"

[/QUOTE]

yeah..that 9-8 record since 2004 in the playoffs (when it really counts) for Crusty's lord and master is SO impressive. He is a true GENIUS that deserves the ultimate adulation and deification

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's true, but you can say the same for other coaches like Lombardi, Halas, Shula, Parcells, Walsh...etc.