Losing SB 46 is NOT AN OPTION for Patriots

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Losing SB 46 is NOT AN OPTION for Patriots

In Response to Re: Losing SB 46 is NOT AN OPTION for Patriots:
    In Response to Re: Losing SB 46 is NOT AN OPTION for Patriots : yeah well i haven't called brady gay, inbred, hillbilly, overrrated, goober, lucky or anything close to it like Pats fans have called eli
    Posted by JintsFan

Kind of hard to call Brady "gay" when he's married to one of the most beautiful woman in the world...LOL!!

I can't speak for others, but I've complimented Eli throughout. In fact, I've rated him on par with Brady as one of the games' elite QBs. He's better than his more famous choke artist brother. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TP, we agree to disagree..  Your statement:  "Losing is not an option", implies the Pats will decide to lose or win the game.  What a ridiculous statement.  If anything, the team is simply thinking..  "win, win, win, win" and do their best to win.  Throughout this year you have pounded on this team and, until the last few games, didn't give them a chance to even get this far.  Now, you sound like if they were to lose, all is finished for this franchise, BB and TB?  In this era, name an NFL team who has done better for over a decade?  Is that crickets I hear?  Enjoy the ride and when they win tonight, grade them well!!  (-; 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Losing SB 46 is NOT AN OPTION for Patriots:
    TP, we agree to disagree..  Your statement:  "Losing is not an option", implies the Pats will decide to lose or win the game.  What a ridiculous statement.

RESPONSE: I'm making a ridiculous statement? I don't think I've ever read a more silly statement than the one you just made. Can we agree that the Pats have the talent necessary to beat the Giants? If that's true, than their play will decide whether they win or lose. If they bring their "A" game, and play tough, determined football, they'll win. 

If anything, the team is simply thinking..  "win, win, win, win" and do their best to win.

RESPONSE: That's not what the team should be thinking. That's a team that's hoping to win. Instead, they should be mentally prepared to do whatever it takes to win this game.

Throughout this year you have pounded on this team and, until the last few games, didn't give them a chance to even get this far.

RESPONSE: I "pounded on the team"?? Why?? Because I was critical of them when they played poorly? Because I didn't blindly say "all is well" when the secondary was giving up a zillion yards against average QBs? Please. 
         Finally, your statement that, "...until the last few games, didn't give them a chance to get this far", makes absolutely no sense. I've had high expectations for this team since the pre-season...and was critical of a defense that was statistically the worst in the league, until the Packers surpassed them, very late in the season. But, I suppose that you knew all along that the defense would come around in the play-offs. Right, Bill?  

Now, you sound like if they were to lose, all is finished for this franchise, BB and TB?

RESPONSE: All isn't finished. But, if they don't win SB 46, don't expect the Pats to win a championship hereafter in the Brady era. That's my opinion. I've explained why in detail, in my initial post. If you want to live in a fantasy land, be my guest.

In this era, name an NFL team who has done better for over a decade?  Is that crickets I hear?

RESPONSE: What does that have to do with this discussion? This is a discussion that focuses on the present and future, not what Tom Brady and the Pats have done over the past decade. Tommy turns 35 next year.  

Enjoy the ride and when they win tonight, grade them well!!  (-;

RESPONSE: I'm looking forward to doing just that. I couldn't stand another day of listening to the Giants mouth off...or of media hype.  
    Posted by agcsbill

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

"Losing" and "patriots" .... DO NOT BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE...! Agree with posters who dislike the basis for this thread. It's like standing on the eighteenth tee in a golf tournament and saying "don't hook the ball into the water"... keep it positive people... Patriots win because they are a better all around team with a great mix of veteran leadership and young hungry studliness. Oh yeah... And the winningest head coach/ QB combination ever. There is a reason for that... ( News flash) they're good .

Sections
Shortcuts