Loss of Mayo To Be The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Loss of Mayo To Be The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back?

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:

The D will be OK..it's a big loss, but we have no choice but follow the mantra we've followed since BB got here...NEXT MAN UP...

You'll see, we win the division and get to the AFC Championship game...

Duh!  That's a given.

It's the Playoffs we are worried about. 

When did the AFC Championship game, and the games preceding, begin to not qualify as playoff games?

We won't make the AFC Championship with the D as it stands now.  It will be a 1 and done deal, sadly.

Well, you bolded the print that said "we win the division and get to the AFC Championship game.." and you responded with "duh, that's a given." 

Poor Bustchise.  Not only are you dumb, but you'll be on suicide watch when the Pats do indeed make it deep into the playoffs despite our injury woes.  You can keep dreaming, though.

We will win the division, that's a given.  I hope we make it to the AFC Championship game, but sadly we won't.  Would you like to put a bet on it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

In a word, no. 

Three guys we need healthy come playoff time: 

Talib, Gronk, Brady. 

The rest of the pieces we can make do on, and yes, that aspect is the greatest strength of Belichick.

We'll need DMC too, but for the most part, I agree. No one can play DMC position on the roster. The Pats use two CBs/FS back there, both Gregory and McCourty are playing the same position but on opposite sides of the field. If no one on the roster can overtake Gregory yet, who isn't having a bad season, but not having a good one either, no one would be able to replace DMC.

Brady is the most important, Gronk makes Brady comfortable and he helps the goalline offense in both running and blocking, Talib is more a want than a need IMO. He makes BB's job as an DC easier with gameplanning, but he's not really a need this year as long as Logan Ryan stays healthy and continues to progress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We will win the division, that's a given.  I hope we make it to the AFC Championship game, but sadly we won't.  Would you like to put a bet on it?

I don't bet but after Denver and maybe Kansas City, who's better than NE? Cincy? Indy? The Jets?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I don't bet but after Denver and maybe Kansas City, who's better than NE? Cincy? Indy? The Jets?

All those teams will give us problems.  I don't think the Jets will even make it so not sure why you listed them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

As a fan completely shell shockd with the number of injuries to starters. Mayo is a huge loss.
    BB has perhaps the biggest challenge of his coaching career in plugging all the holes.  Wow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

All those teams will give us problems.  I don't think the Jets will even make it so not sure why you listed them.

Problems yes. But they are very beatable. So are Denver and KC. The AFC championship is not that far fetched. Let's revisit this in three months.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Problems yes. But they are very beatable. So are Denver and KC. The AFC championship is not that far fetched. Let's revisit this in three months.

Everyone is beatable.  But you have to be realistic.  I know we are Patriot fans but realistically with the injuries on defense (problems on offense) can we win the AFC?  I don't think so.  That's what I am saying.  Sorry you don;t like my comment but losing Vince and Mayo, Kelly being an older player and hurting and Talib having hip problems again, those are some big concerns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Talib is far more important to the Defense then Vince (as proven by the fact we keep winning without him) and Mayo (who was playing well but is nothing special)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The biggest impact will be the switch to Hightower calling the plays. Hopefully he is ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If Mayo wasn't playing so well this year, I'd say its no big loss, but he is...and then you can add in the loss of Wilfork too. I'm thinking Kelly and Talib will be back at some point, but what worries me is that the other two won't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

We'll need DMC too, but for the most part, I agree. No one can play DMC position on the roster. The Pats use two CBs/FS back there, both Gregory and McCourty are playing the same position but on opposite sides of the field. If no one on the roster can overtake Gregory yet, who isn't having a bad season, but not having a good one either, no one would be able to replace DMC.

Brady is the most important, Gronk makes Brady comfortable and he helps the goalline offense in both running and blocking, Talib is more a want than a need IMO. He makes BB's job as an DC easier with gameplanning, but he's not really a need this year as long as Logan Ryan stays healthy and continues to progress.

He just got his captaincy back.  Wonder where BB will put him if Talib doesn't play.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

If Mayo wasn't playing so well this year, I'd say its no big loss, but he is...and then you can add in the loss of Wilfork too. I'm thinking Kelly and Talib will be back at some point, but what worries me is that the other two won't.

Any word if they are practicing this week?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

i had really high hopes for this season. this team felt like the old SB Pats with a top end defense and offense that manufactured enough points to win. but with the loss of vince, mayo, amendola, and possibly talib, i don't see them making it far in the playoffs.

Ricky?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

The D will be OK..it's a big loss, but we have no choice but follow the mantra we've followed since BB got here...NEXT MAN UP...

Duh!  That's a given.

When did the AFC Championship game, and the games preceding, begin to not qualify as playoff games?

We won't make the AFC Championship with the D as it stands now.  It will be a 1 and done deal, sadly.

Well, you bolded the print that said "we win the division and get to the AFC Championship game.." and you responded with "duh, that's a given." 

Poor Bustchise.  Not only are you dumb, but you'll be on suicide watch when the Pats do indeed make it deep into the playoffs despite our injury woes.  You can keep dreaming, though.

lol a bet?  There are only two people on this website that I know of who place virtual bets.  What kind of a "bet"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Complete random thought......

I wonder if a Patriots player has ever come on here for laughs

Okay....back to business at hand

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/thoughts_on_the_loss_of_jerod.html

The defense has come so far since Talib's arrival. We've already lost Wilfork for the season, and now Mayo.  Kelly and Talib are injured starters.  Are these factors enough to cause the defense to go into a tailspin for the rest of the season or will BB conjure up his magic and "the next guy" will be enough to continue the progress?

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Talib and Dennard can get and stay healthy, and Brady doesn't go down, we can compete with anybody.   We've had Mayo and Vince together in their prime for years and our defense was not nearly as good as it is now.   Some could say it s___ed.   Finally have playmaking athletes at the skilled positions on defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Duh!  That's a given.

lol a bet?  There are only two people on this website that I know of who place virtual bets.  What kind of a "bet"

You have a paypal account?  Interested in throwing down some cash?

Or if you don't want to put down some cash we can keep it fun, 1 month avatar bet for this season, 1 month next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Duh!  That's a given.

You have a paypal account?  Interested in throwing down some cash?

Or if you don't want to put down some cash we can keep it fun, 1 month avatar bet for this season, 1 month next season.

Sorry, Bustchise.  I'm not into making financial bets via internet with creeps from NJ.

I have a better idea:  if the Pats make the AFC Championship game, you and the rest of your troll acounts leave BDC for good, and if the Pats don't make the AFC Championship game, you and the rest of your troll accounts leave BDC for good.  Sound like a deal?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Sorry, Bustchise.  I'm not into making financial bets via internet with creeps from NJ.

I have a better idea:  if the Pats make the AFC Championship game, you and the rest of your troll acounts leave BDC for good, and if the Pats don't make the AFC Championship game, you and the rest of your troll accounts leave BDC for good.  Sound like a deal?

Come on, put your money where your mouth is.  We can exchange paypal info, each drop a few $'s into each others account just to prove everything is legit and then put up some real money. 

I only have this account, why is everyone so caught up on this bustchise guy?  You guys are totally playing right into his and other jet trolls hands.  They have you and others talking about them and the jets, that is exactly what they want. You guys aren't smart enough to understand that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The biggest loss to date has been Wilfork, please stop saying he is over rated or unimportant, that just shows how clueless you are... nothng more.

The loss of Wilfork was softened because we had such great linebackers inside, now our best is gone, please stop saying Mayo is over rated or unimportant, that just shows what a maroon you are.

Fletcher and Collins have to fill the void of Mayo, together they likely can.  The loss of Vince will be felt in the playoffs against physical, mean teams.  Playoffs are another level...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The Pats were a dropped pass/bad throw (depending on one's POV) from winning the SB 2 years ago.   WITH a maligned D that was giving up yardage like a sieve all season.  THey DID get it together for that game and held their own.

My point?  If the O is healthy in December and is clicking on all cylinders, it will help the D tremendously and the Pats are every bit as capable of winning it all.   

***But they WILL need Talib.  That's the key.*****

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I dont believe so--the straw breaking the camels back would be for Talib and maybe even TB going down for the year? Then the Pats would have no chance for the SB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i had really high hopes for this season. this team felt like the old SB Pats with a top end defense and offense that manufactured enough points to win. but with the loss of vince, mayo, amendola, and possibly talib, i don't see them making it far in the playoffs.

Ricky?

whoa!! you are good! do you work for the mossad or something?? Sealed

you do a tremendous job hiding your ID

Sections
Shortcuts